HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Skankees Lose!!!!!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22840)

Drury77 10-25-2003 05:59 PM

Skankees Lose!!!!!!!!
 
NUFF SAID............... :lol: :yo: :teach: :joker:

Kirk- NEHJ 10-25-2003 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drury77
NUFF SAID............... :lol: :yo: :teach: :joker:

Hah. George and his 180 million team lose it at home.

Heads are going to roll in the Bronx...

rpontbriand 10-25-2003 06:04 PM

"THhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE Yankees LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE!

I saw Godsmack play here in Colorado and he had that crowd chanting "***** the Yankees" I repeat that now!

BlacknGold Barbarino 10-25-2003 06:04 PM

On one hand- WOO HOO!!! YANKS LOSE!!!

On the other hand, it opens up the possibility that Joe Torre is going to be Grady Little's successor. Blek.

LPHabsFan 10-25-2003 06:11 PM

I am actually really pissed off that the yankees lost. No this is not because I hate all things Boston because im a habs fan. The reason is because Im an expos fan and if you follow baseball, you'll know why Im pissed off that the Marlins won. All I have to say is, Jeffrey Loria.

If he ever comes back to montreal, I will hunt him down and slowly kill him.

misterjaggers 10-25-2003 06:11 PM

I hope Steinbrenner fires Joe Torre so the Red Sox can hire him.

WBC8 10-25-2003 06:12 PM

The "Siberian Secret" is the "secret" to the curse...His arrival has ended any future Yankee success...Too bad he wasn't here earlier!

rpontbriand 10-25-2003 06:13 PM

I am just happy to see that cocky smug look whiped of Jeters face. Nice!

mattkaz 10-25-2003 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
I am actually really pissed off that the yankees lost. No this is not because I hate all things Boston because im a habs fan. The reason is because Im an expos fan and if you follow baseball, you'll know why Im pissed off that the Marlins won. All I have to say is, Jeffrey Loria.

If he ever comes back to montreal, I will hunt him down and slowly kill him.

Yeah, Loria is an idiot, he killed the Expos. Them being my closest source of major league baseball, i don't want them to go.

All i can say is congrats to the marlins, they deserved that way more than we did.

misterjaggers 10-25-2003 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
I am actually really pissed off that the yankees lost. No this is not because I hate all things Boston because im a habs fan. The reason is because Im an expos fan and if you follow baseball, you'll know why Im pissed off that the Marlins won. All I have to say is, Jeffrey Loria.

If he ever comes back to montreal, I will hunt him down and slowly kill him.

Try to re-channel your anger into a healthier outlet. When you hate the loathsome Yankees, you hate everything that is wrong in this world. It's a good hate like hating seal-clubbers...

BostonGrl819 10-25-2003 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Try to re-channel your anger into a healthier outlet. When you hate the loathsome Yankees, you hate everything that is wrong in this world. It's a good hate like hating seal-clubbers...

:lol: :joker: That's the best justification for it I've ever heard.

sarge88 10-25-2003 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpontbriand
I am just happy to see that cocky smug look whiped of Jeters face. Nice!


I wish they lost 2-1 so that Jeter's error would have cost them the world series! But I'll still take it!

supernova 10-25-2003 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarge88
I wish they lost 2-1 so that Jeter's error would have cost them the world series! But I'll still take it!

Amen to that.

DKH 10-25-2003 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpontbriand
I am just happy to see that cocky smug look whiped of Jeters face. Nice!

you mean Derek Sanderson Jeter- funny but Derek was named after one of the alltime great Broon characters and a heck of a player at that.

DKH 10-25-2003 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Try to re-channel your anger into a healthier outlet. When you hate the loathsome Yankees, you hate everything that is wrong in this world. It's a good hate like hating seal-clubbers...

I would give a weeks pay to be able to fight a seal clubber- only thing is I'm allowed to use choke holds & joint locks (and a breakage or two) with immunity to jail time. As for the Yankees its great to have a villan like them around- they can't win when you think about it- they win, they should; they lose- everyone laughs and loves it.

sarge88 10-25-2003 07:11 PM

Seriously, one of the biggest choke jobs in a long time. At least since the 2002 Superbowl.

rpontbriand 10-25-2003 07:16 PM

Most folks, including myself, hate the Yankees mostly due to their fans. I know I dont have to expand my thoughts as you all understand.

In the past the players themselves were annoying (e.g. Munson, Rivers, Dent ...) but this team in not nearly as bad.

hardbody77 10-25-2003 08:09 PM

jetah had a error , looked floolish toooo.. lol... but the inning before that he struck out with runners in scoring possition ... mr. clutch????

Magnus Fulgur 10-26-2003 07:28 AM

Yanks
 
The Yanks didn't play very well vs. the Marlins, but it has me wondering if the Sox would have been beaten by the Fish also. I could see Normar going 0-18 vs. their pitching, and Lowe and Pedro imploding against them in the worst possible scenario. That said, I think we would have put up a bigger fight against the Marlins despite any "moves" or "non moves" that the "manager" would want to make.

BTW, my apologies for saying I'd take Soriano over Manny.

However, I would take Torre over Little any day. Torre would never say anything idiotic like Little did about being a "ghost". And when, at anytime this year, did you see Little make a move that made you say "yeah, that's a really good idea...why didn't I think of that?" All this guy did was baby sit and make the easy moves...anything "creative" or that had his stamp on it was a dud. Showing no confidence in the bullpen to the press throughout the playoffs was pretty darn stupid too. What team was he on??? Gol'dangit...there's a reason why this guy rode the bus for decades in the minors...he's craptastic. BTW, can we have a manager that speaks English instead of Confederate next time too?

JoeIsAStud 10-26-2003 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
The Yanks didn't play very well vs. the Marlins, but it has me wondering if the Sox would have been beaten by the Fish also. I could see Normar going 0-18 vs. their pitching, and Lowe and Pedro imploding against them in the worst possible scenario. That said, I think we would have put up a bigger fight against the Marlins despite any "moves" or "non moves" that the "manager" would want to make.

The Sox MIGHT have been able to pull the series out, but there were a whole lot of people around talking about how the Sox Yankee Matchup was the real WS, and how whoever won that series would kill the Marlins.

Nope the Marlins would have had a Huge advantage in the starting pitching matchups in the series, and if anything the Marlins Speed would have been even more of a factor against Boston.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.