HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   trade proposal (Mon-St.L)(Mon-Cgy) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22858)

The Big Aristotle 10-25-2003 07:43 PM

trade proposal (Mon-St.L)(Mon-Cgy)

I was reading on http://www.thefourthperiod.com that St. Louis might be interested in Quintal or Rivet. I can also see them being interested in Brisebois to QB their 2nd Power Play unit. Though, I highly doubt they are interested in Brisebois and his contract. I can see this trade happening because Jackman is out for 2-4 weeks and Macinnis out indefinetly(probably the season). This would then open up a position for Komisarek or maybe even Gauthier. I'd like to get back from St. Louis: Belle, Backman, or Mayers. I think we would have a hard time prying away Belle or Mayers.

1st Proposal

To St. Louis:
Rivet
Dackell or Juneau (as we need to get rid of a forward and they could
use a good checking forward)
Plekanec (they lack a good center prospect.)

TO Montreal

Belle
3rd
4th

or

Backman
2nd
3rd
Though I like Plekanec, you have to give up talent to receive talent. He is a good center, but I think Higgins and Urquart can pick up the slack.
As of Belle or Backman, I can see them adding to our defense in a couple of years.)

If one of these trades do go down, I can seriously see the habs making a pitch for Gauthier as i hear he has fallen out of favour with sutter. I can see Sundstrom going the other way. I think sutter really likes him and he could play a good role with the flames on the 3rd line with yelle. I think both teams can make something happen.

Proposal 2

To Calgary
Sundstrom
3rd

To montreal
Gauthier
4th

So I'd like to know your thoughts on these trades. If you think their completely terrible or if something needs to be added or subtracted to each trade.

As for the trades I think these dman can help us in the future, because I think defense wins championships. Maybe we can build a blueline like Detroit, Colorado or Dallas. Because I think we have the talent at goaltender and forward to compete down the line in 4-5 years.

So flame on or sing your approval and let me know your opinions.

thanks,

The Big Aristotle

Ironchef Chris Wok* 10-25-2003 11:37 PM

The Shawn Belle trade is really unfair for St. Louis. The Backman trade, however, is not so bad, and I can see it happening.

Ice Cream Man 10-25-2003 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Aristotle
Proposal 2

To Calgary
Sundstrom
3rd

To montreal
Gauthier
4th

No. Atleast not right now. We'd need some scoring help in return, and Sundstrom doesn't provide that.

c-carp 10-26-2003 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
The Shawn Belle trade is really unfair for St. Louis. The Backman trade, however, is not so bad, and I can see it happening.

Backman has played well for the Blues since he has been up and I would hesitate to do either deal.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 10-26-2003 04:43 AM

that's awful for the habs. Trading rivet for a propect or a rookie doesn't makes sense. He's a leader in the locker room. Anyways, you won't understand why he's valuable to us...

kacz 10-26-2003 05:26 AM

I doubt that the Habs would trade Craig Rivet, he seems to have insterted himself as a leader...

Freaky Habs Fan 10-26-2003 04:49 PM

Quote:

I doubt that the Habs would trade Craig Rivet, he seems to have insterted himself as a leader...
I wouldn't be surprise to see Rivet involved in a trade. A trade is probably comming for Montreal and Rivet could be in that trade. He have a good value and put him and Sundstrom in a trade and the Habs could have something good in return.

Plager05 10-26-2003 06:45 PM

I don't think the Blues would do either trade. For one they'll get Khavanov and Salvador back before long, Backman might've played Finley out of his spot also. I doubt they'll trade Belle because of his upside.

c-carp 10-26-2003 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plager05
I don't think the Blues would do either trade. For one they'll get Khavanov and Salvador back before long, Backman might've played Finley out of his spot also. I doubt they'll trade Belle because of his upside.

I think Backman may have played Khavanov out of a spot.

slimer 10-27-2003 10:38 AM

Neither Deal would work for the Blues and here is why:

1) The Blues wouldn't take either Dackell or Juneau and their salary.
2) Although Rivet is a solid defenseman who would be a plus in the room, the Blues have a ton of depth at the Blueline and really don't need another 4-6 d-man which is what he would be behind Pronger, MacInnis (who could be back in anywhere from 4 - 16 weeks), and Jackman.
3) Backman and Belle are both former 1st rounders. Backman is developing well and Belle was just drafted. Plekanec is a nice prospect, but he was a third rounder that isn't exactly lighting it up in the AHL.

The only current Blues need is a 2nd line LW. So if the Blues are going to trade Backman or Belle (which I don't see happening) to mortgage the future, it would be for a goal scoring LW.

The return of injured Blues will eliminate the needs at other positions (D and RW).

Brownies 10-27-2003 11:26 AM

I tought Rivet had a no-trade clause to his contract...