HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Looks like its finally starting (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=228595)

kingjdv 03-08-2006 01:35 PM

Looks like its finally starting

EDM picked up Roloson for a couple of picks just hours after waiving G-Mike Morrison. Maybe the Flyers are close behind with a deal of their own.

Anything good on WIP today. I can't stand 610 or I'd listen myself.

Death to terrestrial radio!!!!

Synthetic 03-08-2006 01:38 PM

Hopefully we're adding Gaborik.

Or not.

JXC 03-08-2006 03:49 PM

I will be watching closely tonight early on to see who is scratched.

BobbyClarkeFan16 03-08-2006 04:34 PM

Well, the Roloson trade officially set the price on soon to be UFAs. The fact that he cost Edmonton a first and a third if he resigns is pretty high when you think of it. So, if that's the price for a UFA, let's hope that if we trade for someone who is under contract, it won't cost as much.

swflyers8* 03-08-2006 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JXC
I will be watching closely tonight early on to see who is scratched.

No one will be scratched, Ready has been called up. Like we can afford to scratch anyone. :p:

Edit: Ready has not been called up. I double checked.

JXC 03-08-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
No one will be scratched, Ready has been called up. Like we can afford to scratch anyone. :p:

Heh!

One could conclude that Ready has been called up to take Umberger's spot...

Sniperz25 03-08-2006 04:59 PM

Ever occur to you guys that he is taking Stevenson's spot?

Jester 03-08-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Well, the Roloson trade officially set the price on soon to be UFAs. The fact that he cost Edmonton a first and a third if he resigns is pretty high when you think of it. So, if that's the price for a UFA, let's hope that if we trade for someone who is under contract, it won't cost as much.

Edmonton announced publicly that they would be overpaying.

Dig Out Your Soul 03-08-2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniperz25
Ever occur to you guys that he is taking Stevenson's spot?

Stevenson is playing tonight. Try to keep up, okay? ;)

kingjdv 03-08-2006 08:52 PM

Devils strike first

They got Ken Klee from TOR for Suglabov. Small deal but a nice pickup for a team not expected to add much at deadline (NJ).

Parrish & Sopel go to LA for prospects.

GKJ 03-08-2006 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingjdv
They got Ken Klee from TOR for Suglabov. Small deal but a nice pickup for a team not expected to add much at deadline (NJ).

Parrish & Sopel go to LA for prospects.

Klee sucks.

The trade with LA, I'm iffy on as a Kings fan. It's about time Dave Taylor stepped up and did something for today, but Tambellini is a great prospect to give up him, Denis Grebeshkov (their best d-man prospect) AND a conditional pick, that's a bit too much for me, especially since Sopel was traded for a 4th.

BobbyClarkeFan16 03-09-2006 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
Edmonton announced publicly that they would be overpaying.

Do you think LA did the same? Jeez, Grebeshkov and Tambellini for Sopel and Parrish, that's a lot. I think we might have to make an overpayment or two especially if they're going to add a defenseman. I see that Derek Morris resigned in Phoenix today, so I wonder if that means Mara will be available? He'd look real good in the Orange and Black as well........