HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Trade deadline predictions: (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=228658)

Ajacied 03-08-2006 03:15 PM

Trade deadline predictions:

Vote you think we'll land!

Walzy 03-08-2006 03:33 PM

we'll never lose a game again, if we've Kirk back in the lineup :eek:

Famous Flames 03-08-2006 03:45 PM

There have been far worse playoff additions than Cap'n Kirk

Starsdude 03-08-2006 04:05 PM

Isn't Dallas Drake the same thing as 37 year old healthy scratch

Ajacied 03-08-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsdude
Isn't Dallas Drake the same thing as 37 year old healthy scratch

Not really. He may be 37 but he'd be a regular on every team in the NHL..

Starsdude 03-08-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Not really. He may be 37 but he'd be a regular on every team in the NHL..

Not sure that is true anymore. 2 goals and some grit so about like Tjarnqvist was giving us. I prefer us going back to Matty who looked like he was just starting to get comfortable here

Ajacied 03-09-2006 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsdude
Not sure that is true anymore. 2 goals and some grit so about like Tjarnqvist was giving us. I prefer us going back to Matty who looked like he was just starting to get comfortable here

Drake never was much of an offensive threat. His career high; 44 points, and that was in his rookie season. He has been relatively consistent, always averaging out to about 30/40 points per season, including this year. Anyway, Drake's true value isn't recorded on the statsheet. He's probably the best open ice hitter in the NHL, is great defensively, hardnosed and experienced. He's 37 and nearing retirement, he'll give it all to win his only Cup. IMO one of the better 3rd liners in the NHL, he's a superior player to Tjärnqvist, Stevenson and Perrot. He's about on par with Miettinen and Ott in terms of contributions.

Anyway; two of our closest rivals have just tried to strenghten themselves. The Avs have "fixed" their situation in net, they think. Acquirering Theodore. Yet he's out for at least another month, hurting their playoff chances. In the meantime, his contract is preventing Lacroix from doing much else while Aebischer is cheaper and enjoying a much better season.

LA on the other hand really has strenghten themselves. I think they lost the trade by a small margain, but they didn't lose any contributing players so that's a plus for them. We already had trouble with them, now they add a former 30 goal scorer with grit and a former 40+ point defenseman, granted he should be responsible for 40+ goals as well though.. ;)

Armstrong was once again quoted as saying he wouldn't consider it to be a dissapointing trade deadline if nothing happend, but he's not ruling out a trade either. Seems like he's waiting untill they approach him, which I don't think we'll happen.

I think we're done.. Chances of a trade: 85/15.

Starsdude 03-09-2006 06:38 AM

What about Hull to fix the pp. He can play on the pp and 3/5 more shifts and call it a night. Never much of a skater anywayso why should age matter

starshockeyfan56 03-09-2006 07:31 AM

wishfully thinking, I voted bondra.

Chaos 03-09-2006 12:00 PM

With the way teams are overpaying for spare players today, I hope Armstrong can get someone to take Niinimaa off our hand. Send him to Atlanta for Bondra(the Thrashers need help on defense) and then goad someone into taking Guerin. Come on Armstrong, you can do it!

Dallasman 03-09-2006 06:51 PM

I predict we get a physical stay at home d-man who is 28 and plays for a Western Conference team....oh wait...sonofagun...look at what happened :D

The Frugal Gourmet 03-09-2006 07:29 PM

Ott=Snott,

You were right. We did manage to land ourselves a defenseman after all. Good call. I thought not.

Ajacied 03-10-2006 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet
Ott=Snott,

You were right. We did manage to land ourselves a defenseman after all. Good call. I thought not.

Didn't think they would, either. I was just hoping for it..

Ajacied 03-10-2006 07:05 AM

Rumor has it the Stars also tried to land Brian Leetch. Not sure whether this was before the Mitchell move or after it though.