HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Gameday: Sabres @ Avalanche (9pm) 10/26 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22952)

imyourhuckleberry 10-26-2003 06:33 AM

Gameday: Sabres @ Avalanch (9pm) 10/26

I'm fairly optomistic about this game. Everyone thinks it will be a high scoring affair and when that happens its usually low. I'm going to guess 3-2 buffalo for the hell of it. I think Biron gets the start with goals by satan, kotalik and delmore. selene and blake for avs.

Paxon 10-26-2003 07:14 AM

I voted for a Sabres victory.

I don't understand why the poster put the following choices:
Sabres win in OT
Sabres lose in OT
Avs win in OT
Avs lose in OT

If the Sabres win in OT then the Avs lose in OT and vice versa; there there only need be two choices out of those four.

Takeo 10-26-2003 07:20 AM

Avs, 4-2

imyourhuckleberry 10-26-2003 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_paxon
I voted for a Sabres victory.

I don't understand why the poster put the following choices:
Sabres win in OT
Sabres lose in OT
Avs win in OT
Avs lose in OT

If the Sabres win in OT then the Avs lose in OT and vice versa; there there only need be two choices out of those four.

yeah it got messed up when i tried setting it up it was supposed to delete the avalanche ones but it still posted. i dont know why, not worht dwelling over though

GoKingsGo28 10-26-2003 09:59 AM

Sabres are hot right now, I say 3 or 4-2 Sabres.

BG43 10-26-2003 10:39 AM

I hope the Sabres put forth the same effort as they did in the 2 California games.. if they do.. I don't see how they don't win..

We've beat Colorado before.. there is no reason why we can't do it again

3-2 Sabres or 2-2 tie

GO SABRES..

Buffaloed 10-26-2003 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabres22
yeah it got messed up when i tried setting it up it was supposed to delete the avalanch ones but it still posted. i dont know why, not worht dwelling over though

I fixed it.

The Avs played in Nashville last night. Although the Sabres are on the road, they should be the more rested team. Both teams are "hot".
Buffalo at Colorado Preview from tsn

imyourhuckleberry 10-26-2003 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=Buffaloed]I fixed it.QUOTE]

Thanks buffaloed :handclap:

RoyIsALegend* 10-26-2003 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Both teams are "hot

Colorado, at just a 4-3 record, is certainly not hot right now.

imyourhuckleberry 10-26-2003 12:49 PM

Royisalegend I like how you "slapped" that one member in your thread an told him to "TAKE IT BACK" when he compared Aebisher to the next cloutier. :D that was funny.

Paxon 10-26-2003 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend

And our 4 - 4 record is? Both teams just won back to back games, that's what makes them hot.

Interesting: Pyatt and Forsberg both have 4 goals in their last two games. Tanguay has a five game scoring streak, Drury has a six game streak.

Buffaloed 10-26-2003 01:31 PM

Quote:

On this board, a 4-3 record is hot. Two consecutive wins is hot. It all has to do with context. :teach:

Yayo 10-26-2003 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffaloed
On this board, a 4-3 record is hot. Two consecutive wins is hot. It all has to do with context. :teach:

Ah yes, this is the Buffalo board...I forgot which board I was on...:teach:

RoyIsALegend* 10-26-2003 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_paxon
And our 4 - 4 record is? Both teams just won back to back games, that's what makes them hot.

Interesting: Pyatt and Forsberg both have 4 goals in their last two games. Tanguay has a five game scoring streak, Drury has a six game streak.

Apparently we have different expectations for our clubs. Winning two games in a row for Colorado is not considred hot, it's considered playing slightly average.

Along with those four goals in the last two games, Peter Forsberg also has three assists, whereas Taylor Pyatt has zero. So, that's seven points to four. In Chris Drury's six game scoring streak, he has eight points(1 goal, 7 assists) while Alex Tanguay has nine points(2 goals, 7 assists) in one less game. Both Forsberg and Tanguay have better streaks than Drury and Pyatt.

imyourhuckleberry 10-26-2003 01:50 PM

Quote:

Apparently we have different expectations for our clubs. Winning two games in a row for Colorado is not considred hot, it's considered playing slightly average.

Along with those four goals in the last two games, Peter Forsberg also has three assists, whereas Taylor Pyatt has zero. So, that's seven points to four. In Chris Drury's six game scoring streak, he has eight points(1 goal, 7 assists) while Alex Tanguay has nine points(2 goals, 7 assists) in one less game. Both Forsberg and Tanguay have better streaks than Drury and Pyatt.

want to compare payrolls next?

6 Colorado $60.8

20 Buffalo $31.5

and our teams have similar records. :lol:

imyourhuckleberry 10-26-2003 01:58 PM

could the avalanche be turning into the next New York Rangers, all the stars in the world but cant win the way they should be?

KillToronto 10-26-2003 02:13 PM

Quote:

6 Colorado $60.8

20 Buffalo $31.5

:handclap: :handclap:

Takeo 10-26-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

Apparently we have different expectations for our clubs.

Along with those four goals in the last two games, Peter Forsberg also has three assists, whereas Taylor Pyatt has zero. So, that's seven points to four. Forsberg (has a) better streak than...Pyatt.

Refer to your first point to realize how rediculous your second is. Forsberg is a reigning MVP (30 yrs old)...we're hoping Pyatt (22 yrs old) is developing into one. Frankly, I think Pyatt's little streak is more impressive.

RoyIsALegend* 10-26-2003 02:39 PM

Quote:

6 Colorado $60.8

20 Buffalo $31.5

Would you like to compare success?

You know, success... the thing you're supposed to be gearing towards each and every year.

Stanley Cups:
Colorado - 2
Buffalo - 0

Division titles:
Colorado - 9(nine straight)
Buffalo - 1? 2?

Enjoy the game.

Paxon 10-26-2003 02:40 PM

Quote:

I guess you took "interesting" as "proof that the Sabres are better". Don't need to get defensive there. I didn't say Pyatt had a "better streak" than Forsberg. He has the same streak... you know... four goals in two games. Don't recall mentioning total points there. Same can be said for the Tanguay/Drury streaks.

If I told you it was interesting that we were both wearing the same shirt, would you be quick to point out that yours was newer and cleaner?

Buffaloed 10-26-2003 02:47 PM

I did put the word hot in quotation marks for a reason lol

imyourhuckleberry 10-26-2003 02:53 PM

Quote:

You know, success... the thing you're supposed to be gearing towards each and every year.

Stanley Cups:
Colorado - 2
Buffalo - 0

Division titles:
Buffalo - 1? 2?

Enjoy the game.

you almost let nashville beat you, 'nough said.

imyourhuckleberry 10-26-2003 02:55 PM

Quote:

Stanley Cups:
Colorado - 2
Buffalo - 0

Division titles:
Buffalo - 1? 2?

Enjoy the game.

again, 60 million compared to 30 million. :dunno:

MLH 10-26-2003 03:17 PM

The avs have little depth, their D isnt that good, and they have unproven goaltending. They shouldn't be all that great.

Chainshot 10-26-2003 04:44 PM

Dumont with a big check on Larsen sends Larsen to the dressing room. I haven't seen it at slow speed, but it may've been a touch from behind--my first impulse was it was shoulder on shoulder but that replay makes me wonder...