HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hamilton - Grand Rapids game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23043)

penopekoo 10-26-2003 12:27 PM

Hamilton - Grand Rapids game

Grand Rapids leads 2-1.

Dagenais has the only Hamilton goal, assisted by Plekanec, who stretches his point streak to seven games.

Lewis63 10-26-2003 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penopekoo
Grand Rapids leads 2-1.

Dagenais has the only Hamilton goal, assisted by Plekanec, who stretches his point streak to seven games.

I think Balej has a pass on that goal too.

Apparently Dwyer is doing quite well point wise in the AHL.
As for Higgins he had a couple of chances in the first period.

Go Dogs Go!

penopekoo 10-26-2003 01:19 PM

Down 3-1 in the third, only a few minutes left in the game...

...and they take a too many men on the ice penalty.

habitants9_4 10-26-2003 03:04 PM

I was at the game, and the team looked ok!

Komisarek made 3 big hits....one open ice and a hip check, It was big.

PEREZHOGIN FINALLY LOOKED GOOD!

BigM1ke 10-26-2003 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penopekoo
Down 3-1 in the third, only a few minutes left in the game...

...and they take a too many men on the ice penalty.

I really hate your Donnie Brasco (sp?) big rabbit in your avatar!! :D

montreal 10-26-2003 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4

But Komo made a bad giveaway on the SH goal.

Balej and Pleks sounded like they were buzzing around again. Pleks is on a roll and leads the team in scoring.

Duff88 10-26-2003 03:33 PM

Quote:

Was it the first Hamilton game you attended this year?

habitants9_4 10-26-2003 03:45 PM

Komi tried to play it back, and when he looked nobody was there to intercept. It was his mistake, but more or less accidental. Komi played well, and I like his enthusiasm on the power play. He has a nice and accurate wrist shot. He was in good defensive position.

Perezhogin was flying out there, he and Svitov have very good chemistry. Perezhogin had a 2 on 0 and just missed...I am not sure if he just fanned on it, or missed the shot. He was skating fast, but he didn’t show as much effort defensively as I saw in the past! He did great offensively compared to the other games, he circulated the puck well.

Plekanec ONCE AGAIN KICKED ASS! He is one of a kind....The more I see him play the more I like him. He is aggressive, and makes things happen. He has a lot of confidence out there, and I think he might end up finishing the season with Montreal. HOW I don’t know, but he plays a very good all round game, and focuses really well in the defensive zone. I like him with Balej, they make good plays.

habitants9_4 10-26-2003 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff88
Was it the first Hamilton game you attended this year?

I have been to every home game....including the pre-season game.

habitants9_4 10-26-2003 05:28 PM

If anyone has any questions about players or the game just let me know!

Harry Kakalovich 10-26-2003 06:11 PM

Quote:

how about milroy, ferland and beauchemin?

habitants9_4 10-26-2003 06:33 PM

Milroy--I haven't seen him play in the season yet, but I did interview him. Really nice guy! In pre-season all I noticed were his quick hands. But he didn't show too much effort, then again it was pre-season.

Ferland--A true power forward! He shoots a lot, I even think he leads the rookies in shots with 21 or something! (Its in the AHL Press Guide) He hits a lot, and digs, grinds and everything. I have yet to see him finish in the offensive end. I would consider his defensive game nothing but average. I really think he will make a nice 3rd line banger type.....A little bit like a Claude Lemieux.

Beauchemin will be the ultimate #7! He always brings the same game to the table. Somewhat physical, hard working in his own end, not a bad skater. He is ok on the PP and PK. Plays an all-round smart game, but has few flaws, but no real outstanding attributes.

NYR1084 10-26-2003 07:27 PM

Quote:

Hey

I listened to the game for a little, and heard my brothers name here and there? How did Higgins do?

Appreciate it

Kev

Playr050 10-27-2003 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big M1ke
I really hate your Donnie Brasco (sp?) big rabbit in your avatar!! :D

Donnie Darko ;). And the rabbit has a name, "Frank"!

Great movie.

BigM1ke 10-27-2003 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playr050
Donnie Darko ;). And the rabbit has a name, "Frank"!

Great movie.

Well I hate Frank :D

SpezNc 10-27-2003 10:11 AM

Quote:

Milroy--I haven't seen him play in the season yet, but I did interview him. Really nice guy! In pre-season all I noticed were his quick hands. But he didn't show too much effort, then again it was pre-season.

Nice guy? Can you explain.

1- Well spoken guy
2- Friendly guy
3- Physicaly great

???

Thank

habitants9_4 10-27-2003 10:49 AM

Basically when I spoke to him he was very enthusiastic, a lot of other players just don't really care (like Josef Balej). Basically by nice guy, I am saying he has a good attitude, and is friendly.

By friendly I found it neat on how he remembered me, and said "hey Fred hows it going". Its not often that someone remembers a reporters name. Anyway....Here is the exact interview with Milroy:

What’s your biggest accomplishment as a player?
“As a player! Probably winning the memorial cup, is the biggest accomplishment as a player. It was a great run for us on a great team. And you know its one of those things in junior hockey that I’m never going to forget.”

What was it like to win the memorial cup?

“Everything, everyone’s described it as. Its memories that I know that I’m never going to leave. It was a long road to get there, but it was well worth it, that’s for sure.”

What skills do you need to improve on before making the NHL?

“Getting used to the faster paste of the game. I think the skill level is there, but it is faster, the players are stronger, and you just got to get used to that. Hopefully I won’t take as long as I want, but hopefully I can make the adjustment as quick as I can.”
What kind of game do you play?

“I’m an offensive player, I mean I like to score goals, I got a good wrist shot. I got some good quick hands. I am one of those guys who likes to get in there and score some goals.”

Who is your role model? And why?

“Probably Joe Sakic. Joe Sakic is a great hockey player, he is a great two-way player. You’ve seen his wrist shot its unbelievable, and I try to work my wrist shot off of that, I mean if you get a wrist shot likes his it’s definitely a lethal weapon.”

What do you plan to taking from a season in Hamilton?

“Oh a lot! Experience, getting used to the fast paste of the game, I mean its pro level, everyone says its not too much different than the NHL, because all these guys can play in the NHL as well. Hopefully get to be a better two-way player game. And you know get used to the paste of the game.”

What goals did you set for yourself this season?
“To improve overall as a hockey player, it’s a tough road to get to the NHL, and I know what it takes now, I have a lot of improving to do in a lot of areas. I am going to take the experience I get here in Hamilton, and try and get there as soon as I can.”

I don't think I said anything on Milroy being Physically great!

habitants9_4 10-27-2003 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabFan1084
Hey

I listened to the game for a little, and heard my brothers name here and there? How did Higgins do?

Appreciate it

Kev

Chris played on the (what is supposed to be) first line with Gratton and Suomervuori. They didn't play that much, or at least stick out. Chris didn't look too good, he kind of looked like he wasn't ready. It is my first time seeing him, and its hard to really access players only seeing them once. I think Gratton was hurt, so he didn't get much ice time OR maybe its because the Svitov-Perezhogin line or the Plekanec-Balej lines did so well. I look forward to seeing him play in the future, but that last game he was nothing great.

Sorry, but I am sure in the future I will have more positive things to say about him

chsb 10-27-2003 11:55 AM

Could somebody tell me if Jonathan Ferland still plays for Hamilton?

Brisebois 10-27-2003 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chsb

I dunno, but don't they have this guy named Dean Youngblood trying out for the team? ;)

habitants9_4 10-27-2003 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chsb

Yes he does!

Team_Spirit 10-27-2003 06:23 PM

HOMETOWN HERO OF THE GAME LEADERS (Hardest Working Player at Home): Player Points

1. Jozef Balej 10
Tomas Plekanec 10
Alexander Perezhogin 10

-------

Good too see our youngster lead the Dogs , last year Ryder and Ward were the best AHLer now they are in Montreal .

montreal 10-27-2003 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
HOMETOWN HERO OF THE GAME LEADERS (Hardest Working Player at Home): Player Points

1. Jozef Balej 10
Tomas Plekanec 10
Alexander Perezhogin 10

-------

Good too see our youngster lead the Dogs , last year Ryder and Ward were the best AHLer now they are in Montreal .

I've listened to most of the games Balej played last year and this year, and so far he's been easily one of the top forwards on the team. He seems to have a lot more confidence, as he is using his speed to generate a lot of shots and he's getting back into the defensive zone. I really thought it was a bad sign that he didn't get a sniff of the Habs camp/preseason, but Balej hasn't let it get to him, and he and Pleks together is scary. They have create most of the scoring when pairing together. Perhaps Svitov and Perezhogin will have the same effect on one another, cause in their first game together, they played well.

Team_Spirit 10-27-2003 06:47 PM

With Higgins sent back Balej will see some good ice time with talented center , right now he seem to fit with Plekanec but Higgins and Svitov are good options too .

Balej played and scored against NHLer at his 1st camp with the Habs , he know what it takes to be an NHLer last year Micheal Ryder and Jason Ward were good exemple for him & Plekanec .

57 Balej, Jozef RW 8gp 2g 4a 6pts (2nd scorer) -1 20shots ( 3rd in the team )

Let's hope him and Pleks will work hard and have some good results all year long .