HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Capitals Firesale: Pursue Kolzig? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23106)

mrs9x 10-26-2003 05:54 PM

Capitals Firesale: Pursue Kolzig?

OK, word is that the Caps are going to try to shake things up with some trades. This is according to the unreliable Bruce Garrioch, who claims Kolzig could be had. I'm not putting a whole lot of stock in this, but let's assume it's true.

If so, do we pursue Kolzig? I know McPhee probably would not trade within the Eastern Conference, but I would have to give it a serious consideration. What would we have to give up?

I'm thinking that given Jagr's contract, the Caps will want cheap players coming the other way. I'm not sure what the Caps would want. They need D, but they won't want Therien's contract. Maybe Seidenberg or Woywitka + Williams would get Kolzig? Or Seidenberg + Hackett and picks for Kolzig?

Steve L* 10-26-2003 05:59 PM

Id be happy with Hackett + Sedienberg/Vandermeer + picks to get Kolzig.
Im not sure what theyd expect for him though.

easton122 10-26-2003 06:27 PM

Hackett isn't going to be traded this year I doubt we will ever see him traded he will run out his time here.

Esche is the only one available but he won't be traded anytime soon either and we aren't gonna trade for Kolzig without getting rid of one of these guys to don't expect a deal like that ever to happen. Hackett signed to be a starter again he won't be a back up he wants to play 40+ games.

Winston Wolf 10-26-2003 06:42 PM

Besides, Hackett has a no- trade clause and Washington already has Ouellet who they would probably play over Hackett right now. I saw the other thread on the trade board and of the players they are talking about, the player I would want would be Sergei Gonchar.

RoDu 10-26-2003 06:48 PM

go for Kolzig, but don't evan think about trading Gagne, Williams, Chouinard, Pitkanen, Woywitka or any of the kids in the juniors

Winston Wolf 10-26-2003 07:16 PM

They were talking about Gonchar getting a big raise, so they would be trying to move him for a cheaper, younger player. Gonchar is only 29, so he is still pretty young. I was thinking we could offer a deal centered around Kim Johnsson. Johnsson is 27 and will be much cheaper than Gonchar when he gets his raise. Washington gets a younger, cheaper puck moving defenseman who can still run a powerplay. Philly adds more payroll, but gets a defenseman who adds quite a bit more offense.

So how about Johnsson, 2004 1st, (something else will probably be needed to even it out) for Gonchar?

I just came up with this off the top of my head, so tell me what you think. :)

RoDu 10-26-2003 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
They were talking about Gonchar getting a big raise, so they would be trying to move him for a cheaper, younger player. Gonchar is only 29, so he is still pretty young. I was thinking we could offer a deal centered around Kim Johnsson. Johnsson is 27 and will be much cheaper than Gonchar when he gets his raise. Washington gets a younger, cheaper puck moving defenseman who can still run a powerplay. Philly adds more payroll, but gets a defenseman who adds quite a bit more offense.

So how about Johnsson, 2004 1st, (something else will probably be needed to even it out) for Gonchar?

I just came up with this off the top of my head, so tell me what you think. :)

not with the new CBA coming up, who knows what will happen there

King of Stankonia 10-26-2003 09:31 PM

Kolzig is the guy holding that team together. He's consistently been a stellar goaltender over the years. I don't think the Caps would trade Kolzig because of the fear that they just might collapse.