HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Comrie trade seems unlikely (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23176)

Smaug 10-27-2003 04:37 AM

Comrie trade seems unlikely

Erm, guys .... after looking under a few rocks and such. I came to the conclusion Comrie will be sitting at least untill after christmass. Very few teams have what Edmonton wants in a trade (ie; a scoring centre or another puck moving defensman). And of those teams that might have something Lowe would like back, fewer still would give it up for a small, cocky centre who doesn't like to be held accoutable for his performance.

I say Comrie will sit out the entire year. If you disagree, convince me there is a trade partner out there somewhere, who has enough interest in Comrie to make a deal happen.

dawgbone 10-27-2003 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smaug
Erm, guys .... after looking under a few rocks and such. I came to the conclusion Comrie will be sitting at least untill after christmass. Very few teams have what Edmonton wants in a trade (ie; a scoring centre or another puck moving defensman). And of those teams that might have something Lowe would like back, fewer still would give it up for a small, cocky centre who doesn't like to be held accoutable for his performance.

I say Comrie will sit out the entire year. If you disagree, convince me there is a trade partner out there somewhere, who has enough interest in Comrie to make a deal happen.

That is making a lot of assumptions on your part there.

thome_26 10-27-2003 06:27 AM

Every single team in the NHL would like to add a Mike Comrie - he's that good. BUT i think it will take a long time because this is a serious part of the future Lowe is dealing with and he wants to make sure that he makes the right deal!

Kenadyan 10-27-2003 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smaug

I would agree that he will be forced by Lowe to sit out the entire year, except that near the trade deadline, I could see a couple of playoff teams possibly wanting to add some scoring (e.g. Detroit, Dallas, Philadelphia among others) for a playoff run (especially with the potential lock-out next season).

It is at that time that Lowe may get some better offers than he is getting now (he could possibly play some teams against each other in a bidding war) for Comrie. If not, then I agree that Comrie won't see ice time in the NHL this season.

Dale 10-27-2003 10:15 AM

I think sitting Comrie for an extended period is a mistake on Lowe's part. We NEED another player now and Comrie's value at the trade deadline won't be at the top as he won't have played for an entire year. That isn't going to be attractive to a team trading for playoff help. If he isn't traded then because Lowe can't get what he deems comrie is worth, then he sits another year in the probable work stoppage. THat will REALLY increase Mike's trade value.

If Lowe doens't think Comrie is worth enough to the Oilers to give him a superior contract then he shouldn't think Comrie is worth much more to another team. He seems to want to GET what he thinks Comrie is worth but not GIVE a similar amount. Not logical.

G-Double 10-27-2003 11:13 AM

Dale, that is totally the wrong way to look at it. Lowe does not want to get bent over and railed like he's the new prison ***** for the 2nd time in contract negotiations by one mike comrie. Comrie had his turn 3 years ago and he took full advantage of it then/ Now, the tables have turned, and lowe is not going tp pay him that much based on principle, he's a first line center in his own mind and wants to be paid out the wazoo because of it. The reason lowe will not give him that $2 mil base and 4 million in bonuses is because if he did what would his next contract look like, especially if this one was only for 1 or 2 years? It would be ridiculous, he'd be asking for 6+ mil + bonuses.

If Comrie wants his 2mil + 4 in bonuses, i say, Mike thats fine, you can have them, but you only have one chance to hit it, and it is all or nothing...
Bonus levels
Goals: 45
Assists 45
+/- +20
PPG: 13
SHG: 4
Team makes 2nd round of playoffs (home games will off-set any bonuses.

things that will be completely out of reach unless he just lights it up and carries this team on his back to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Edit: I can't believe i've been sucked into this comrie crap.

IceDragoon 10-27-2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Double
I can't believe i've been sucked into this comrie crap.

:lol::lol::lol:

G-Double 10-27-2003 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDragoon
:lol::lol::lol:

thanks, thanks alot, some friend you are!!!!