HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Turgeon-Dallas? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23202)

thome_26 10-27-2003 06:55 AM

Turgeon-Dallas?

What would the Stars need to get in a deal for Turgeon + half his salary? He is the type of guy who needs to be a #1 center and he'll give you alot if given the minutes.
Turgeon
$4 million
for
????what??????

Ajacied 10-27-2003 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
What would the Stars need to get in a deal for Turgeon + half his salary? He is the type of guy who needs to be a #1 center and he'll give you alot if given the minutes.
Turgeon
$4 million
for
????what??????

Hell if we have to pay 60 % of his salary, never mind then.

Turgeon is in a difficult situation, once again he has showed he's still Sneaky Pete by being among our top forwards so far into the season. He has made some nifty and highlight reel plays, he's more consistant and plays less soft by digging into the corners more often, all this has translated into increasingly more icetime and more confidence of the coach. He now formes a pretty darn solid line with Young and Barnes. Management is responsible for making him overpaid, as they haven't given him the oppertunities to succeed, yet, PT has constantly proven to make the best of his minutes by putting up ppg figures and with his new formed line, I expect him and management to let eachother play and see if he can still post respectable numbers between 60/80, as health is another concern. PT is pretty darn prone.

However, with his salary, one that would definitely interfere with the potential cap, the Stars face two options.

1) Trade Turgeon and his contract. This would help set the team after the potential lockout and have a doable payroll. However, this would inseemingly decrease the Stars chances, depth, diversity and skill for the upcoming season(s), more then most Stars fans would like to admit.

2) Keep Turgeon. They are obviously stronger with him, and he can contribute if given the proper oppertunities, but it seems less and less he will see those actual chances in a Stars uni, the team is just too deep.

It's the way Armstrong faces his team, either he feels this team is much stronger with Turgeon and concentrates on the Cup this year, and this year only. Or he concentrates on the future beyond the potential salary cap and hereby prevent possible payroll issue's.

Starsdude 10-27-2003 07:43 AM

I think he trades PT if he can make it look like anything but a salary dump.

Bolthed 10-27-2003 08:23 AM

You have some nice opinions on Turgeon, Modano=God, and I'd like to believe he's regaining the confidence of Tippett, but I just don't see it so far.

FACT is, PT remains dead last among the top EIGHT forwards in IT ... 13:03 per game. Seems to me they're still blackballing the guy somewhat.