HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23290)

go_habs_go 10-27-2003 12:37 PM

question

Do you think Montreal are interessted and can afford Marian Gaborik!?? He has just quit the Wilds

gohabsgo2010 10-27-2003 12:43 PM

There's no doubt he's talented, but he's showed that he's not the kind of guy I would want on my team.

If we want to build a winner, everyone needs to be on the same page, no one should be above their teammates. And, at the $6 million he's asking, there's no way I'd touch him.

He can go play in Taiwan for all I care.

Maithz 10-27-2003 01:00 PM

If the wild trade him , it will be for a player like Forsberg or Hejduk + many 1st pick . He is a franchise player .

BigM1ke 10-27-2003 01:04 PM

He is one crazy SOB!! He wants to earn more money than Theo.. forget about it!!

Patty Roy 10-27-2003 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_habs_go
Do you think Montreal are interessted and can afford Marian Gaborik!?? He has just quit the Wilds

Of course the Habs would have interest...but Gaborik will eventually resign with the Wild. I'm pretty sure they have no interest in dealing him unless some team seriously overpays.

habitants9_4 10-27-2003 01:08 PM

I say we get him....We need a franchise player, a go-to guy. He will be the best in the league one day! And that day is soon!

Perezhogin, Sundstrom, Balej and Plekanec and a 1st and a 5th
for
Gaborik, Koivu and a 5th

Kirk Muller 10-27-2003 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
There's no doubt he's talented, but he's showed that he's not the kind of guy I would want on my team.

If we want to build a winner, everyone needs to be on the same page, no one should be above their teammates. And, at the $6 million he's asking, there's no way I'd touch him.

He can go play in Taiwan for all I care.

Well he did say he would play for what he made last year (bonuses included). Which was something like 4.4 million. That six million figure, is one of media hype. He may have made a first offer like that, but most negociations are like that, management starts with a lower offer than they are willing to offer, and the agent counters with an amount more than what they know he can get. Thats negociations.

While 4.4 is too much of a base salary IMO, one also has to wonder what these bonuses are. Who knows, Minnesota could be low balling him as well on bonuses. We are hearing money figures, but nothing much concrete. This is major factor. We hear about base salaries of guys like Brad Richards (supposedly a guy Minnesota based their offer to Gaborik), but again what is his bonus structure.

Frankly, until more information is known aside from simple base salaries, making a judgement on Gaborik's or the management's character is unfair.

Duff88 10-27-2003 01:25 PM

Hummm... Dupuis, Fleury, Havlat, Gaborik... Don't blame the player, blame the agents : Scathia and Walsh!!!

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 10-27-2003 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
I say we get him....We need a franchise player, a go-to guy. He will be the best in the league one day! And that day is soon!

for
Gaborik, Koivu and a 5th

It would take alittle more than that to get Gaborik and Koivu

go_habs_go 10-27-2003 02:41 PM

Minny wont keep Gaborik because on the web site it says Marian Gaborik QUITS Minnesota meaning he aint coming back!

Rahan 10-27-2003 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_habs_go
Minny wont keep Gaborik because on the web site it says Marian Gaborik QUITS Minnesota meaning he aint coming back!

It means he went back to slovakia, not that he won't come back. It means he's decided to sit all season long if the need is there..

CHareth 10-27-2003 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
IMO do we really need a baby like this??

I mean sure he's talented and all that, but he's a ******* cry baby. He has 2 30-goal seasons and all of a sudden thinks he's god.

BTW i don't think he's "as" talented as most people seem to think he is.. i'll probably get bashed for saying that, but saying he's going to become the greatest player in the NHL in a few years? I think theres some youngsters infront of him inthat catagory, led by the genetic freak known as Ilya Kovalchuk.

Two 30-goal seasons in today's NHL at the tender age of 21 is pretty damn impressive. God no, but he is an elite young player. I think you're letting your bias (stemming from the fact that you don't like his holding-out tactics) blind you to the fact that this guy is a very talented player. Anyway, this debate I think is moot as the Habs cannot afford him.

Habber 10-27-2003 06:27 PM

I don't know why you guys are being so hard on Gaborik for. The guy gets a ton of goals, and elevated his game immensely in the playoffs where he was threat every shift.

He was a huge part of Minny making the playoffs and taking their run, and I don't think they would have done it without him. All he wants is to make the same money he made last year, which I don't think is unfair.

Minny made their own bed on this one when they gave him all those bonuses on his 1st contract. If I had a huge year for my employer and was then offered a pay cut, I'd be pissed off too.

I'd take him in a flash.

Go Habs Go 10-27-2003 07:27 PM

I wouldn't even think twice in trading for him if he were available. The Habs need a franchise player, Gaborik is a franchise player. Business is business, can't blame him for wanting money. If it were truly about the game, players would be playing for next to nothing. We are so quick to jump on players who are greedy for money but ignore some owners who are cheap and refuse to spend a penny to contend. If Minnesota were offering Gaborik, there wouldn't be ONE player on the team I would consider untouchable.

Go Habs Go 10-27-2003 07:29 PM

I would offer Ribeiro, Hossa, Hainsey and Ward for Gaborik and yet they would probably refuse that deal.

Disco Volante 10-27-2003 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABS-65
If the wild trade him , it will be for a player like Forsberg or Hejduk + many 1st pick . He is a franchise player .

Oh now that's funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
for
Gaborik, Koivu and a 5th

Wait, wait. That's even more funny.

There's just no middle ground with you guys heh? :confused:

Nielson81 10-27-2003 08:56 PM

What about this??

To Minny : Zednik, Higgins, Hainsey, Sundstrom Garon, MON 1 in 2004
To MON: Koivu, Gaborik

Unbiased Canadian

KOMO_ROCKS 10-27-2003 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Of course the Habs would have interest...but Gaborik will eventually resign with the Wild. I'm pretty sure they have no interest in dealing him unless some team seriously overpays.

agreed......obviously the habs like many other teams would be interested, but the cost at what it would take to get him would be overpaying most likely

KOMO_ROCKS 10-27-2003 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
What about this??

To Minny : Zednik, Higgins, Hainsey, Sundstrom Garon, MON 1 in 2004
To MON: Koivu, Gaborik

Unbiased Canadian

I dont see this trade happening at all......there is no way the habs will trade Higgins, Hainsey and their first rounder in any realistic deal. Value wise it is close, but i dont see it happening....I doubt the Wild would do it

Darz 10-28-2003 03:35 AM

I doubt the Wild are even taking phone calls regarding Gaborik. They are playing hard ball, or 'Yashin ball' as it is referred to sometimes, and i doubt have any interest in moving him, unless a team is offering a young, franchise type player, who has already prove he can score 30+ goals at the NHL level (we don't have one of those, so...).

montreal 10-28-2003 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I doubt the Wild are even taking phone calls regarding Gaborik. They are playing hard ball, or 'Yashin ball' as it is referred to sometimes, and i doubt have any interest in moving him, unless a team is offering a young, franchise type player, who has already prove he can score 30+ goals at the NHL level (we don't have one of those, so...).

That would be unwise of them if they don't at least listen to offers. No GM should ever not listen to what offers come in. It doesn't mean you have to trade him, but it could pay off if the right deal were offered.

Me, I'd pitch for Gabo in a heartbeat or even faster in possible. But the cost will be painful for Hab fans. I think that the Wild should consider moving him for sure. They can make the playoffs which is big money, and not having their superstar in the lineup will hurt any team in many ways. If they were to move him, and we were interested, I hate to say it, but the deal starts with Koivu. Koivu and Theodore have the most value, IMO. I would trade almost anyone on the team for Gabo. Komo, Kastsitsyn, Perezhogin, Hossa and Balej I wouldn't move. Hossa and Gaborik could have some real chemistry togehter, with Balej joining them next year perhaps.

I know everyone will "freak out" when they read trade Koivu or Theodore for Gaborik. It doesn't matter what anyone says, it only matters what Bob Gainey does. Forget about telling me how we can't trade Koivu or Theodore cause they are the leaders or the top players. It's not going to happen anyway. They aren't going anywhere. But if something were to happen, it would take our top player to get Gaborik IMO.

Next year I see us goin with Koivu, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Begin as our 4 centers. Gaborik, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Begin souds good to me as well. I don't think the Wild will move Gabo, and I don't think the Habs would pony up the doe to get him. But if you ask me, the Wild would get a very nice return if they moved him, which could turn out even better for them then keeping him.

Nielson81 10-28-2003 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal

Next year I see us goin with Koivu, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Begin as our 4 centers. Gaborik, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Begin souds good to me as well. I don't think the Wild will move Gabo, and I don't think the Habs would pony up the doe to get him. But if you ask me, the Wild would get a very nice return if they moved him, which could turn out even better for them then keeping him.

Gaborik isn't a center man.

Unbiased Canadian

Beatnik 10-28-2003 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal

I know everyone will "freak out" when they read trade Koivu or Theodore for Gaborik. It doesn't matter what anyone says, it only matters what Bob Gainey does. Forget about telling me how we can't trade Koivu or Theodore cause they are the leaders or the top players. It's not going to happen anyway. They aren't going anywhere. But if something were to happen, it would take our top player to get Gaborik IMO.

Value wise i don't think Koivu worth more than everyone on the team. Specially that he earn as much as Gaborik ask. Also he's injury prone and close from being UFA.

I think the deal would start with Komisarek but i don't know what else (proven) we would have to give.

Koivu + Gabo would looks great (a real first line!!) but we don't have much to offer :cry:

montreal 10-28-2003 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Gaborik isn't a center man.

Unbiased Canadian

I meant Hossa. Hossa-Gabo could reunite when Hossa was the center setting up Gaborik

montreal 10-28-2003 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatnik
Value wise i don't think Koivu worth more than everyone on the team. Specially that he earn as much as Gaborik ask. Also he's injury prone and close from being UFA.

I think the deal would start with Komisarek but i don't know what else (proven) we would have to give.

Koivu + Gabo would looks great (a real first line!!) but we don't have much to offer :cry:

Koivu makes 4.25M, Gaborik is asking 6.5M. I think the Wild would want to win now, as they need help scoring goals. I'm sure they would like Komo, but I don't see him as a center piece to the deal. Zednik, Koivu, Theodore, one of these guys would be where talks start, IMO. But if the Wild can't get him signed, and have problems scoring/winning, perhaps we'd have a shot at him, but it would be costly for us thats' for sure.