HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Whats Dupuis role in minny?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23298)

PhillyNucksFan 10-27-2003 01:10 PM

Whats Dupuis role in minny??

I am not too sure if I should pick him up in my pool.. He is currently a free agent in the pool..

is he going to get first line minutes and getting all the chances and icetime he could get and on the PP as well?? how about PK??

theo6060 10-27-2003 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyNucksFan
I am not too sure if I should pick him up in my pool.. He is currently a free agent in the pool..

is he going to get first line minutes and getting all the chances and icetime he could get and on the PP as well?? how about PK??

Without Gaborik, Dupuis is this team's go-to guy on offense. He may not have a quick start since he missed training camp, but I'd say he's a pretty safe bet to get 20 goals and will see a lot of PP time.

PhillyNucksFan 10-27-2003 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theo6060
Without Gaborik, Dupuis is this team's go-to guy on offense. He may not have a quick start since he missed training camp, but I'd say he's a pretty safe bet to get 20 goals and will see a lot of PP time.

hey thanks.

20 goals even with an expectation of slow start and 7 or 8 games missed??

If i take him, I'd have to drop Tyler Arnason of CHI.. umm.. i dont know.. very hard choice... but after reading news today about Gaborik probably not coming back this year, make Dupuis even more intriguing!

Jbcraig1883 10-27-2003 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyNucksFan
hey thanks.

20 goals even with an expectation of slow start and 7 or 8 games missed??

If i take him, I'd have to drop Tyler Arnason of CHI.. umm.. i dont know.. very hard choice... but after reading news today about Gaborik probably not coming back this year, make Dupuis even more intriguing!

Its a hard call between Dupuis and Arnason in my opinion. Dupuis will probably see 16-18 min a game as he is will be a PKer (2nd unit most likely) and PPer. As mentioned in another thread, Dupuis will probably see top defenseman and it is uncertain how he will do against them considering there is no Gaborik for the opposing team to worry about. I would go with Arnason just because they aren't as defensive minded(to my knowledge) for a safe pick but Dupuis does have more upside.

PhillyNucksFan 10-28-2003 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jocksta18
Its a hard call between Dupuis and Arnason in my opinion. Dupuis will probably see 16-18 min a game as he is will be a PKer (2nd unit most likely) and PPer. As mentioned in another thread, Dupuis will probably see top defenseman and it is uncertain how he will do against them considering there is no Gaborik for the opposing team to worry about. I would go with Arnason just because they aren't as defensive minded(to my knowledge) for a safe pick but Dupuis does have more upside.

totally forgot about the opposition top D vs Dupuis..

I have a pretty deep team in the league, I can afford to drop Arnason, or I can trade arnason for some G help.. I kinda like Dupuis quite a lot, but Arnason also has a lot of upside, in terms of scoring this year!

Tough choice, I hope someone grabbed Dupuis so i dont have to think about this. @#$*@#$

keke

StorminZ 10-28-2003 08:26 AM

I am also interested in Dupuis return for fantasy hockey reasons ... I nabbed him as a free agent in my fantasy hockey league just before he signed given his "soon" comment earlier last week.

Who will be Dupuis' linemates?

On the impact of missing training camp, I read where Mario Tremblay wasn't too concerned as Dupuis is one of the most well conditioned players on Minny and he stays that way year round ... so, hopefully that means minimal lag time to find his stride.

Go, Pascal, Go!!!!