HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Keefe's agent gives to team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23318)

Cat fan 10-27-2003 03:34 PM

Keefe's agent gives to team

Others might think I'm crazy but I think it's about time some one stood up and said some thing to this team about Sheldon Keefe's situation.
He never has had a nice shot with Tampa in scoring spots over his three years in sunny Flr. They told us all when they drafted this kid that we had another Darcy Tucker , well give him the chance to prove it I say. Oh well he will be traded soon I suppose he doesn't look like he's long for Hershey.

exterminator-x 10-27-2003 03:41 PM

Feaster has tried trading this kid since ast season. No takers. Over the summer, Keefe even agreed to a pay cut to make himself more attractive in the trade market. Contract is two-way: $700k/$100k. Still no takers.

He was offered with Modin during the draft to the Islanders for Hamrlik. Islanders didn't want Keefe.

When will the Keefe-groupies and -lovers realize that his market-value right now is basically squat. Every GM in the league knows he can't crack the TBL or the NYR lineup.

Face it. If somebody wanted Keefe, he would have been traded long ago.

petec1978* 10-27-2003 05:13 PM

I was one of his staunchest defenders but the way he played out of character last season and ended up rightfully being demoted there is no way you can blame Feaster. The Lightning were very clear with Keefe, play your role as a checking line agitator and we'll give you a spot shot here and there on a scoring line as injuries and the like dictate. Keefe was so gung ho to have a big offensive year last year in his contract season that he largely ignored the first part of the equation and by the time he was demoted he was only a shell of himself. That's to say nothing of the fact that he didn't capitalize on the few scoring line opportunities he did get. A Sheldon Keefe who isn't playing a gritty, agitating style of game doesn't belong in the NHL, and at that time demotion to the minors was justified.

He's just got to shut his mouth, put up numbers in the AHL like we know he can, and bide his time. Eventually he'll be included in a package out of here.

-Pete Choquette

Sotnos 10-28-2003 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat fan
Others might think I'm crazy but I think it's about time some one stood up and said some thing to this team about Sheldon Keefe's situation.

If you want to say something to the team about it, send Mr. Feaster an email.

What is it about Keefe that inspires people to think he's entitled to something and is getting "screwed" by Tampa? Every Bolts board has at least one person telling us this same story. We don't get people complaining that we're messing with anyone else we've sent down or put on the third line.

Rschmitz 10-28-2003 03:41 PM

Ever since he refused that assignment to Springfield I stopped supporting the guy. He has to take things into his own hands...make the Lightning put him in lineup by not letting them afford not to. Hes probably more important to the team as trade bait now that he is buried so deep into the organization. Hes got former OHL scoring champion written all over him however...

joeminus 10-28-2003 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
Ever since he refused that assignment to Springfield ...

I believe that was Rochester.

Rschmitz 10-28-2003 10:01 PM

Thats right he was being loaned to Rochester right?

V for Voodoo 10-28-2003 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exterminator-x
He was offered with Modin during the draft to the Islanders for Hamrlik. Islanders didn't want Keefe.

I'm sure the inclusion of Keefe is not what turned off the Islanders from this terrible deal.

LastoftheBrunnenG 10-29-2003 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
I'm sure the inclusion of Keefe is not what turned off the Islanders from this terrible deal.

:teach: Did the post say that? No it didn't. :shakehead

Bolthed 10-30-2003 02:15 AM

From the "Call it Karma Department" ... Pascal Rheaume sidelined until late November with a bruised knee. D'oh!

Sotnos 10-30-2003 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolthed
From the "Call it Karma Department" ... Pascal Rheaume sidelined until late November with a bruised knee. D'oh!

Heh, that's the first thing I thought when I saw that: "Should've given Keefe a shot, too late now!" :)

Along with everything else that's wrong there, I swear the Rangers have no luck!

exterminator-x 10-30-2003 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy

Uhhh... yes it was. Milbury's counter-offer was either Modin+Alexeev or Modin+Svitov for Hamrlik.

At the time (and probably still is), the TBL considered both Alexeev and Svitov to be untouchable future core players, so the deal never went down.