HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers VS Flyers pregame talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=233420)

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-21-2006 03:20 PM

Rangers VS Flyers pregame talk

Anyone hear any updates with Rucinsky??

I bet this is the lines for tomorrow.

Prucha Nylander Jagr
Straka Rucchin Sykora
Ward Betts Ortmeyer
Hollweg Moore Orr

eco's bones 03-21-2006 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Anyone hear any updates with Rucinsky??

I bet this is the lines for tomorrow.

Prucha Nylander Jagr
Straka Rucchin Sykora
Ward Betts Ortmeyer
Hollweg Moore Orr

It might not be a bad idea to dress Orr--Orts but keep in mind that the Rangers as a whole are not intimidated by Mr. Brashear. That doesn't mean he can't hurt someone but if it's anything like the last game he'll hurt his own team more than anything else. So whereas I'm not going to be bothered if Colton is in the lineup--I'm also not going to be bothered if he's not. We're not required to give Donald something to do and if he wants to chase around Kaspar odds are Donald's teammates are going to be the ones who are going to be killing off his penalties and the Rangers pwp is picking up and adding Ozolinsh has made it better. A loss to the Devils tonight and a loss to us tomorrow and the Flyers are going to be in a nice deep hole for winning the division. Anyway if Rucinsky is available I expect he'll be playing.

Diehardfan419 03-21-2006 03:52 PM

Just a question......is Hollweg gonna be suspended for one game because he got in a fight in the last 5 minutes of the Boston game? I thought that was an automatic one gamer? If he's not, then....Id kee the exacy same line up we had vs the Leafs and Bruins. Maybe insert Orr for Ortmeyer, though.

broadwayblue 03-21-2006 03:54 PM

BIG, BIG GAME. A W tomorrow will give them a tiny bit of breathing room as we start heading down the home stretch.

Larry Melnyk 03-21-2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones
It might not be a bad idea to dress Orr--Orts but keep in mind that the Rangers as a whole are not intimidated by Mr. Brashear. That doesn't mean he can't hurt someone but if it's anything like the last game he'll hurt his own team more than anything else. So whereas I'm not going to be bothered if Colton is in the lineup--I'm also not going to be bothered if he's not. We're not required to give Donald something to do and if he wants to chase around Kaspar odds are Donald's teammates are going to be the ones who are going to be killing off his penalties and the Rangers pwp is picking up and adding Ozolinsh has made it better. A loss to the Devils tonight and a loss to us tomorrow and the Flyers are going to be in a nice deep hole for winning the division. Anyway if Rucinsky is available I expect he'll be playing.

Giving Brashear a dance partner and a focus is the worst thing the Rangers could do...And if injuries happen, more then likely it won't be by the hands of the Flyers' goon..Orr should not be a consideration for this game on any game ..but that's an old arguement...

if Rucinsky is healthy, comes down to Hollweg vs Hossa and which version of the HMO line plays while Rucinsky playing with Betts and Ward.....Personally, I wouldn't mind giving Martin one more game to recover..but either option is OK...I would suspect that Hossa plays--Rennye seems to be playing him more and having more confidence in him despite his total lack of production and dangerous defensive lapses..

Balej20* 03-21-2006 03:59 PM

none of you guys with playoff av's...Tisk tisk

Levitate 03-21-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diehardfan419
Just a question......is Hollweg gonna be suspended for one game because he got in a fight in the last 5 minutes of the Boston game? I thought that was an automatic one gamer? If he's not, then....Id kee the exacy same line up we had vs the Leafs and Bruins. Maybe insert Orr for Ortmeyer, though.

I think you're only suspended if you get an instigator in the last 5 minutes.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-21-2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diehardfan419

I thought the rule was an automatic suspension for getting a instigator penalty in the last five minutes.

eco's bones 03-21-2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Giving Brashear a dance partner and a focus is the worst thing the Rangers could do...And if injuries happen, more then likely it won't be by the hands of the Flyers' goon..Orr should not be a consideration for this game on any game ..but that's an old arguement...

if Rucinsky is healthy, comes down to Hollweg vs Hossa and which version of the HMO line plays while Rucinsky playing with Betts and Ward.....Personally, I wouldn't mind giving Martin one more game to recover..but either option is OK...I would suspect that Hossa plays--Rennye seems to be playing him more and having more confidence in him despite his total lack of production and dangerous defensive lapses..

I tend to agree with you Larry and I thought that's more or less where my post was going. If the Rangers coaching staff believe Kaspar is going to get hunted down (which I don't believe and don't believe that they do) then they might want to dress Orr. I don't believe the Flyers would do this in MSG anyway. Maybe in their own barn. It's usually best to put out your best lineup. We have the makings of a deadly pwp. We are also (and I don't mean to be disrepectful to the Flyers) a better team than they are. Even injuries aside. They might be better on paper. Too many of their players are old, injury prone, some of their D are slow, their goaltending is suspect (although Nittymaki looks to be a good one)--they almost remind me of some of our teams before this season.

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-21-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones
I tend to agree with you Larry and I thought that's more or less where my post was going. If the Rangers coaching staff believe Kaspar is going to get hunted down (which I don't believe and don't believe that they do) then they might want to dress Orr. I don't believe the Flyers would do this in MSG anyway. Maybe in their own barn. It's usually best to put out your best lineup. We have the makings of a deadly pwp. We are also (and I don't mean to be disrepectful to the Flyers) a better team than they are. Even injuries aside. They might be better on paper. Too many of their players are old, injury prone, some of their D are slow, their goaltending is suspect (although Nittymaki looks to be a good one)--they almost remind me of some of our teams before this season.

Anyone know if Rucinsky will play??

Rangers_23 03-21-2006 05:25 PM

Let Brashear chase Hollweg and Kaspar all over the ice and take dumb penalties like he always does. We'll take the PP opportunities.

To say this game is huge is an understatement.

shoothepuck 03-21-2006 05:25 PM

NY should stick to the line-up they had vs. Boston, except insert Rucinsky on the third line if he's ready to go. No reason to play Orr, so Brashier has something to do, although with NY's good pp of late who cares, make them pay if their dumb enough to let dumb Donald rack up the minutes

Lundqvist102 03-21-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoothepuck
NY should stick to the line-up they had vs. Boston, except insert Rucinsky on the third line if he's ready to go. No reason to play Orr, so Brashier has something to do, although with NY's good pp of late who cares, make them pay if their dumb enough to let dumb Donald rack up the minutes

I say let Ruchinsky sit one or two more games, He obviously won't be 100 percent if he plays and our offense has been clicking lately without him, don't think theres much of a point to rush him back.

We all remember what happened last time...

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-21-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers_23
Let Brashear chase Hollweg and Kaspar all over the ice and take dumb penalties like he always does. We'll take the PP opportunities.

To say this game is huge is an understatement.

agreed. I hope Rangers take a big lead early. If the game gets out of hand, I hope Brashear tackels Jagr, make him take the penalties. Orr or Strudwick should be dressed, just in case. Keep the same lines, play either Orr or Strudwick for Hossa if Rucinsky cant go.

KreiMeARiver 03-21-2006 05:43 PM

Do we have to root for the Devil's tonight in Philly? God...

Larry Melnyk 03-21-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

agreed. I hope Rangers take a big lead early. If the game gets out of hand, I hope Brashear tackels Jagr, make him take the penalties. Orr or Strudwick should be dressed, just in case. Keep the same lines, play either Orr or Strudwick for Hossa if Rucinsky cant go.

How can you have the same lines if you dress Orr or Strudwick? The original HMO line was solid last night, you dress ORR and that's, you don't get HMO....One or the other...

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-21-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
How can you have the same lines if you dress Orr or Strudwick? The original HMO line was solid last night, you dress ORR and that's, you don't get HMO....One or the other...

Take out Hossa put Strudwick or Orr in Orts spot on the 4th line, Move Orts to 3rd line with Betts and Ward his spot.

Osminator 03-21-2006 06:03 PM

Never change a winning team! Even if Rucinsky is healthy, it might in the best interest that Rucinsky take another game of "to be on the safe side" with his knee *sarcastic* ...

I am split on Orr. I want him to be a regular 7 to 10 minute 4th liner, but as with Rucinsky... Never change a winning team.

My scratches vs. the Flyers: Rucinsky, Orr and Strudwick.

Larry Melnyk 03-21-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Take out Hossa put Strudwick or Orr in Orts spot on the 4th line, Move Orts to 3rd line with Betts and Ward his spot.

And then you're messing up TWO lines that were very effective last night..

MisterUnspoken 03-21-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

But then you are breaking up the HMO line.

I like when Hossa and Hollweg are both in the lineup. If Rucinsky is back though, let Hossa sit and just play Hollweg. Otherwise leave everyting in tact. Strudwick could play for Poti every now and then perhaps.

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-21-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osminator
Never change a winning team! Even if Rucinsky is healthy, it might in the best interest that Rucinsky take another game of "to be on the safe side" with his knee *sarcastic* ...

I am split on Orr. I want him to be a regular 7 to 10 minute 4th liner, but as with Rucinsky... Never change a winning team.

My scratches vs. the Flyers: Rucinsky, Orr and Strudwick.

Im watching the Devils Flyers game, Nitomakki will play tonight, and possibly Robert Esche will play tomorrow, if Esche plays tomorrow, I say play Lundqvist anyways. We can beat Esche. :yo:

MisterUnspoken 03-21-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Im watching the Devils Flyers game, Nitomakki will play tonight, and possibly Robert Esche will play tomorrow, if Esche plays tomorrow, I say play Lundqvist anyways. We can beat Esche. :yo:

Neither of their goalies are any good imo. Nittymaki gives them the best chance to win though.

Hey JOrts, I was talking to you last night and got disconnected -- what avatar did you want again?

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-21-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Neither of their goalies are any good imo. Nittymaki gives them the best chance to win though.

Hey JOrts, I was talking to you last night and got disconnected -- what avatar did you want again?

I want the HMO line if possible, but I want Hollweg and Ortmeyer

MisterUnspoken 03-21-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

I want the HMO line if possible, but I want Hollweg and Ortmeyer

Yeah sorry I got dc'ed last night. I'll get that for ya.

1-0 Flyers over Devils, Gagne scored it. Brodeur looks sad lately.

KreiMeARiver 03-21-2006 06:11 PM

1-0 flyers over devils...gagne