HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   After game thoughts Habs vs Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23348)

Mathieu Lavergne 10-27-2003 04:23 PM

After game thoughts Habs vs Flyers

Montreal vs. Philadelphia

Oct 27, 2003
Box Score

NHL FINAL 1ST 2ND 3RD TOTAL
--- --- --- -----
MONTREAL 0 0 0 0
PHILADELPHIA 2 2 1 5 FINAL

GOAL SCORING:

1ST PRD: PHI - SIMON GAGNE 1 (SAMI KAPANEN, KEITH PRIMEAU) 5:38
PHI - TONY AMONTE 2 (JONI PITKANEN, MARCUS RAGNARSSON) 8:56

2ND PRD: PHI - MICHAL HANDZUS 3 (JUSTIN WILLIAMS, JOHN LECLAIR) 2:36
PHI - JOHN LECLAIR 1 (JUSTIN WILLIAMS) 12:06

3RD PRD: PHI - (PP) MARCUS RAGNARSSON 1 (MICHAL HANDZUS, SIMON GAGNE)
9:21

POWER-PLAY CONVERSIONS: MON - 0 OF 3, PHI - 1 OF 2.

SHOTS ON GOAL: 1ST 2ND 3RD TOTAL
--- --- --- -----
MON 12 3 5 20
PHI 14 15 10 39

GOALIES: MON - JOSE THEODORE
PHI - ROBERT ESCHE

OFFICIALS: REF - DENNIS LARUE, TERRY GREGSON
LIN - ANTHONY SERICOLO, PIERRE CHAMPOUX

ATT: 18,631

CrAzYNiNe 10-27-2003 04:24 PM

Sad, Pathetic come to mind. I mean this team is just like last, one wek we look like we can take on the league, the net we get lucky, some other days we are just ****, aweful terrible ****.

gohabsgo2010 10-27-2003 04:25 PM

Post Game : Habs 0 @ Flyers 5 - October 27th, 2003

First off, it's okay if no one bothers to post. We were simply brutal. Where's the passion, where's the hustle? Let's hope we're not embarassed on national TV tomorrow night.

Final Score :

Flyers 5 - Canadiens 0

1st Period Summary

5:38 Simon Gagne - Sami Kapanen, Keith Primeau
8:56 Philadelphia Tony Amonte -Joni Pitkanen, Marcus Ragnarsson

Penalties :
3:10 Claude Lapointe: 2 Minutes - Slashing

2nd Period Summary

2:36 Michal Handzus - Justin Williams, John LeClair
12:06 John LeClair - Justin Williams

Penalties :

14:38 Mike Ribeiro: 2 Minutes - Crosschecking

3rd Period Summary

9:21 Marcus Ragnarsson - Michal Handzus, Simon Gagne PP

Penalties:

0:42 Marcus Ragnarsson: 2 Minutes - Tripping
7:35 Jason Ward: 2 Minutes - Holding the Stick
10:30 Claude Lapointe: 2 Minutes - Crosschecking

Shots : Flyers - 39, Habs - 20
3 Stars: Williams, Leclair, Esche

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...ers_pxc103.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...ers_pxc102.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...ers_pxc101.jpg

Thanks for the merge, Saku K. :)

gohabsgo2010 10-27-2003 04:26 PM

never mind. saku beat me to it. :p

gohabsgo2010 10-27-2003 04:30 PM

First off, I want Zednik back with Koivu. Zednik took off last year at this time, we need him to do that again.

A sign of things to come? The Perreault line played less than 10 minutes. :handclap:

I'm going to pray and hope that Kilger is back next game. Here is my line-up vs. the Booins.

Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Kilger - Koivu - Ryder
Bulis - Juneau - Dackell
Sundstrom - Begin - Ward

By next week, after Koivu and Kilger are back in the swing of things, here are my lines.

#25 - #11 - #20
#81 - #71 - #38
#17 - #90 - #24
#15 - #22 - #37

AK-47 10-27-2003 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Sad, Pathetic come to mind. I mean this team is just like last, one wek we look like we can take on the league, the net we get lucky, some other days we are just ****, aweful terrible ****.

I rarely miss a period, but I stopped watching this one half way through. This was a sad effort and it's quite obvious this team needs a shake before it's too late. God, I hope Koivu is in the lineup for the game tomorow.

Lineup against the bruins:

Michael Ryder - Saku Koivu - Donald Audette
Marcel Hossa - Mike Ribeiro - Richard Zednik
Jan Bulis - Joé Juneau - Andreas Dackell
Jason Ward - Steve Bégin - Niklas Sundstrom

Had Kilger and Langdon been healthy then Audette and Dackell would be out of the lineup.

Maithz 10-27-2003 04:32 PM

just one word to describe this game , Pathetic !

Canadienne 10-27-2003 04:33 PM

There is no excuse for any team to "play" like the Habs did tonight!!!

It was downright embarrassing! :mad:

It's like the team that's been playing at the Bell Centre for the past few weeks is an entirely different team from the one we saw Saturday and tonight!!

I want an RCMP investigation into where that team went?

Gawd! I was just beginning to think we might not suck as bad as last year... and poof! :rant:

Can someone please explain to me why CJ is afraid to pull Theo when he stinks? It's not as if he doesn't have a very good backup to take over? Ah, what difference would it have made anyways! The rest of team weren't even trying after the first Philly goal. :rant:

Man! It smells all the way from Philadelphia! Phew! :mad:

Habs4Life 10-27-2003 04:41 PM

I feel sorry for Theo, he looked good at there but the team sucked ****..
The only person who really had a good chance was Sheldon Souray, which tells you alot about our defence...

They should of kept Ryder on the second line, and they should also think of making some trades before we get any sadder..

PS: One unhappy canadien's fan :(

PS: Now that were playing some decent teams, were seeing what kind of team we really are :(

Corey 10-27-2003 04:47 PM

Put Koivu on the first line. Put Ribeiro on 4th line/PP. Bring up Plekanec from Hamilton tomorrow. In a few weeks, Higgins.

Capitano 10-27-2003 04:48 PM

Well we did beat Detroit but the problem is that we were able to score first and keep the lead. You won't see this team come from behind too many times because we don't have the players to do it. I still think we're too small up front in order to play this "defensive" system.

I expect some deals soon. Something. Anything. I just can't figure out why Ryder would be demoted? Hainsey benched? Audette playing on the second line? WEIRD man. Just too weird. Something has got to give soon.

Cap

gohabsgo2010 10-27-2003 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitano
Well we did beat Detroit but the problem is that we were able to score first and keep the lead. You won't see this team come from behind too many times because we don't have the players to do it. I still think we're too small up front in order to play this "defensive" system.

I expect some deals soon. Something. Anything. I just can't figure out why Ryder would be demoted? Hainsey benched? Audette playing on the second line? WEIRD man. Just too weird. Something has got to give soon.

Cap

Ryder wasn't demoted. Begin and Ward were promoted. There line played more than the Perreault line.

Hainsey HAS to be in the line-up vs. Boston. I'm not understanding this decision to sit him whatsoever.

Hab at it 10-27-2003 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Life
I feel sorry for Theo, he looked good at there but the team sucked ****.

Give me a break. He sucked as much as if not more than the rest of the team tonight. He was letting out the biggest, lousiest rebounds all night long. I'm sure Amonte is waiting around after the game to say thanks for his goal. Also his lateral movement sucked, he has to learn that you are supposed to keep the blade of you goalie stick on the ice covering the 5 hole when moving side-to-side, he let in 3 very stopable goals that way tonight. The only one he had no chance on was the first one that went in off of Souray's skate.

Corey 10-27-2003 05:41 PM

That first goal was enough. Eighteen Hab skaters, zero goals, zero defense.

panayiotis 10-27-2003 05:52 PM

Hab nation

Sorry guys! Team is way too soft. You measure a team on their road play. Tonight habs had a full blown case of the philly flu. Good luck in the lottery! signed by one of the gutless bas#### you get it dudes.

gunnerdom 10-27-2003 05:52 PM

One of the worst game i've seen EVER. Don't even know why I watched all the game. Kind of sorry I wasted my night on this crap. I'll have to listen to a lot of Family Guy to get over this one.

montreal 10-27-2003 05:53 PM

The good news is that if we continue to play like this, we'll be asured a top 5 pick or better this summer!

montreal 10-27-2003 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panayiotis
Sorry guys! Team is way too soft. You measure a team on their road play. Tonight habs had a full blown case of the philly flu. Good luck in the lottery! signed by one of the gutless bas#### you get it dudes.

Yes this team is too soft, but it should take about 5 maybe 10 minutes for someone to figure that out. I do look forward to the lotto, the prize is worth it!

CrAzYNiNe 10-27-2003 06:19 PM

I "HATE" these ****ers. One day it's like wow, we can contend next night it's like, why are they in the NHL, Gainey will shake them up soon, he knows he has too

hockey_nut 10-27-2003 06:31 PM

Well... we certainly got kicked in the pants tonight.

HABitual 10-27-2003 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
I "HATE" these ****ers. One day it's like wow, we can contend next night it's like, why are they in the NHL, Gainey will shake them up soon, he knows he has too

Don't hold your breath ;) He may not do anything significant for a LONG time. Maybe not until the trade deadline at least. If we're lucky.

Go Habs Go 10-27-2003 06:41 PM

I hope the Habs will rebound after a night like tonight. But it is clear that something has to be done, we desperately need more firepower, talent and players that play with more grit. We're not going to get any better if we don't, we can't rely on scoring first and play defensive the rest of the game.

StorminZ 10-27-2003 06:41 PM

While I'm reserved in my opinion of Theo right now (especially after his meltdown in 2002-03), he got little help tonight in all fairness ... the Amonte goal was served up on a platter by JT, but that was the only groaner on his part IMHO.

For the most part, I ask "where the h*** was our defense tonight?" ... 4 goals scored from close in. I think it was either Handzus's or Leclair's goal in the 2nd ... we had 3 guys in front and the lone Flyer player was still able to get his stick on the puck ... no intensity, no aggressiveness ... we just let the Flyers take the play to us.

Frankly, we are nothing more than 2002-03 with a few new "small" parts.

As for offense, as the saying goes, Ribeiro couldn't hit the broad side of a barn ... in close tonight and missed wide both times ... and where has Markov disappeared to? And Brisebois looked like the Patrice of old on a few plays tonight ... but to his defense (pardon the pun), he wasn't alone in terrible defense in our end ... how he was only -1 tonight is something of a mirage (although I will give him credit ... he had 3 shots on net tonight).

And then there are our forwards, managing a grand total of 13 shots on goal ... hell, Kovalchuk had 10 against Florida last Friday ... and our 12 forwards can only manage 13 ... hate to over use the word, but that kind of effort is pathetic ... and don't expect great things with Koivu's return ... he's not a sniper, but maybe he can jump-start Zednik?!!

Oh my, I can only close my eyes on this one! :moon:

Mike8 10-27-2003 06:44 PM

Not posting the scoring chances this time around since I missed a chunk of the game, but here were the matchups for any interested...

FLYERS HOME ICE ADVANTAGE
Matchups:

Ribeiro line vs Handzus line (FLYERS initiated)
Perreault line vs Primeau line (FLYERS initiated)
Juneau line vs Roenick line (HABS initiated)
Begin line line vs Lapointe (FLYERS initiated)

Souray pairing vs Primeau line (HABS initiated)

Desjardins pairing vs Perreault line (Flyers initiated)

What 'initiated' means in this context is simply that the team initiating a line matchup tried to get said line on the ice at all times against the other listed. eg. Whenever Roenick's line hit the ice, the Habs tried to get Juneau's line out there.

The Flyers outplayed and outcoached the Habs severely. I found it interesting to see how the Flyers forechecked extremely hard. Montreal's defensemen haven't received as much pressure as they received tonight, and the number of turnovers is a direct result from this.

- Habs aren't playing the D system; players are running around defensively, forwards aren't causing any obstruction in the neutral zone and are allowing the opposition to gain the Habs blueline far too easily with too much speed

- Flyers used their speed up front to pressure and forecheck the Habs defensemen on every play. This led to a load of mistakes by Hab defensemen, specifically those on the right side.

Rivet had a miserable game again. Was easily the worst Hab defenseman on the night in my mind.

- Theodore is not nearly as bad as the scores have indicated the past two games. Simply put: the opposition has outworked Montreal, exposed some serious flaws in the defensive system and players, and have used cross ice passes or passes from behind the net then onetimers from the slot to beat Theodore.

- Pitkanen is going to be a heck of a player. This is a top notch defenseman in development. It was nice to watch him play, since we don't get an opportunity to see much of our youth in Montreal.

- Every line except Montreal's fourth was physically dominated and had the play taken to them. No other line forechecked effectively

- Perreault is miserable defensively. Handzus' goal is yet another example of a goal that's a direct result of Perreault's poor defensive play. This was similar inept defensive play we saw from Perreault in the Ottawa game where he let Spezza all alone in the crease to bang home a rebound.

nilan1 10-27-2003 06:50 PM

Well I hope this will end the Koivu trade talk. We dont need koivu he will ruin team chemestry Ribs is the french Gretsky ect. This team desperatly nees Saku and his skills so no more of this garbage. Theo needs to be pulled he was horrible goals between his legs and no control on his rebounds he needs to be traded he cant control his rebound goes douwn to early lets in soft goals and for 17mil he should be doing a better job. Ribs needs to go in a package with someone like Sunny so we can get a player who can score or to get a big stay at home d-man I would prefer both and where is BG in all this all of you who have faith in BG to make a trade to help the team well this team needs help. Julien better put Garon in for the next game other wise the care bears will have there way with this team just like philly.