HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Were The Habs THAT BAD agaist NYI?(read to understand) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=233558)

MXD 03-21-2006 09:58 PM

Were The Habs THAT BAD agaist NYI?(read to understand)

Haven't watched the game, but I listened to some radio show on Corus and everyone calling were whining about tonight's performance...

moshedw 03-21-2006 10:01 PM

I Was At The Game And They Were Pathetic

NBHABSFAN 03-21-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MXD
Haven't watched the game, but I listened to some radio show on Corus and everyone calling were whining about tonight's performance...

Why not use the GDT :dunno:

Team_Spirit 03-21-2006 10:07 PM

Dont let the number of shots fool you(37) , it was pathetic .

MXD 03-22-2006 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN

Because this post was actually a rant against radio shows and 110%. Again, this mother tucker board won't let me write in any other language than english, and I hate to write in english, so I tend to "auto-cut" my posts.

boredmale 03-22-2006 08:23 AM

I thought montreal outplayed us personally alot of the game, you just ran into a hot goalie. That being said there were a few instances where your guys seemed to have hands of stone.

Blind Gardien 03-22-2006 09:05 AM

I wouldn't have said "pathetic"... they played a loose game and got a lot of shots and faced another hot goalie... but you could certainly complain about:
a) the lack of finish on the scoring chances, and
b) the very poor defensive and neutral zone play, particularly of our forwards.

They did outplay the Isles, though. As they should have. That team gave a good effort, but has half their roster recalled from the AHL and a very inexperienced D. Outplaying them was the least we should have expected. Outscoring should have been possible too. Alas.

hab 03-22-2006 09:42 AM

our goaltending was good, our defence showed some cracks, but not putting the puck in the net lost us the game. we will start scoring again, and the wins will follow.

Habs 03-22-2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN

Why not mind your own business?

oli500 03-22-2006 10:18 AM

To be honest it was more of a case of dipeitro being good and the islenders playing a good game. The chances were there, the players tried but they had to face a wall in dipeitro. I mean all the isl did all game long was put five guys urond dipeitro so no hab players were able to get a quality shot from the slot and or rebounds, the isl forced the habs to allways skate urond the net. Its the type of system were bad teams play. The only way we could of won the game was with our power play but dipeitro stood on his head.

Galchenyuk x 27 03-22-2006 12:03 PM

lets put it this way... they got what they deserved

Dr. Charles 03-22-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs
Why not mind your own business?

That number 25 is way prettier than you number 54...

ChemiseBleuHonnete 03-22-2006 01:14 PM

The habs didn't really put a good effort, still managed to outplay the isles most of the game but they faced a hot goalie... They kinda gave up at one point.