HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rich Winter on Team1260? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23365)

oilers_guy_eddie 10-27-2003 05:23 PM

Rich Winter on Team1260?

I thought I heard on the radio this morning that 1260 was going to have Rich Winter on Bob Stauffer's show this afternoon. Did they? Did anybody listen?

thome_26 10-27-2003 05:29 PM

OOHHH - I hope our boys on teh Fan makes him look like the jerk off he is! any idea what time?

bfan 10-27-2003 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
I thought I heard on the radio this morning that 1260 was going to have Rich Winter on Bob Stauffer's show this afternoon. Did they? Did anybody listen?

A couple of people on Oilfans.com heard it, and Bryn also posted that they're replaying the interview at 7:05am tomorrow.

Cheers!

outKast* 10-27-2003 05:32 PM

I hate Rich Winter in every single way. He's badly influencing a young 23 year old man to be a jerk like himself. I don''t like Winter or Meehan. He screwed us over with Weight! hahah jk. i dunno. I don't like agents in general. They're greedy *******s who have fun ruining athlete's careers.

Now back to the interview, no i didnt hear it but i sure would like to know what was said.

Scorpion88 10-27-2003 05:33 PM

Quote:

Yeah! But it was classic Rich Winter. Very vague and not straight forward with anything. The boys on 1260 tried their best to coax the truth out but NADDA.

Guy Flaming 10-27-2003 09:24 PM

Man tune it in tomorrow morning for the replay just so you can catch the way Spector backs Winter into a corner by pointing out how poor the Comrie camp's argument is.

I already had a ton of respect for Spec but it just doubled after that segment.

Digger12 10-27-2003 09:54 PM

Quote:

According to Bryn, they'll also be replaying the interview at 9:25 AM. Sounded like Spector made Winter feel just a tad uncomfortable.

dawgbone 10-28-2003 03:58 AM

Now... why would you, as an agent, go on to a show just to try and tip toe around questions?

I mean, you might as well just stay out of the light.

Oilhitch 10-28-2003 04:22 AM

I just heard it at 7:05am on Tuesday. Bryn was correct in putting the squeeze on Winter. Winter is such a boob. I did'nt believe a word he said and I have full support in Kevin Lowe.

ZIM 10-28-2003 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chit94
I just heard it at 7:05am on Tuesday. Bryn was correct in putting the squeeze on Winter. Winter is such a boob. I did'nt believe a word he said and I have full support in Kevin Lowe.

My interpretation of what Winter said is that in the past 2 weeks Mike's position has changed to he will not play here.

Do you believe him? Is it just a negotiating ploy?

Oilhitch 10-28-2003 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omar
My interpretation of what Winter said is that in the past 2 weeks Mike's position has changed to he will not play here.

Do you believe him? Is it just a negotiating ploy?

When I first heard the statement from Winter I did think that it was a negotiation point, but now I don't think that it is. Once a player publicy declares that he wants to be traded then his value drops. If its for negotiating purposes, why would Winter do this????? Doesnt make sense.

Oilhitch 10-28-2003 04:47 AM

Rich Winter is trying to get the backing from the media and the fans. And it is not working for him.