HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Okay ... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=234174)

Joe T Choker 03-23-2006 07:13 PM

Okay ...

So Norstrom gets 4.5 x 2 years ... Gauthier gets 2.1 x 3 years

how much are Kimmo Timonen & Marek Zidlicky gonna get?

dulzhok 03-23-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
So Norstrom gets 4.5 x 2 years ... Gauthier gets 2.1 x 3 years

how much are Kimmo Timonen & Marek Zidlicky gonna get?

Kimmo still has another year, if I remember correctly.

Zid will be hard to put a number to. I think we should trade him this offseason, if we can get good return (aka a package for a #1 center).

I'd use the Boucher comparison as the absolute MAX that Zidlicky gets ($2.5). He could potentially get more in arbitration.

PredsMan 03-24-2006 09:49 AM

IMHO in the salary cap NHL, Timonen is a 3.0-3.5 mil player.

Although he is more highly regarded around the league, he hasn't done much to surpass the level of play that got him his current contract. He seems to me to be very consistent.

I also think he'll take a hometown discount.

barrytrotzsneck 03-24-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsMan
IMHO in the salary cap NHL, Timonen is a 3.0-3.5 mil player.

Although he is more highly regarded around the league, he hasn't done much to surpass the level of play that got him his current contract. He seems to me to be very consistent.

I also think he'll take a hometown discount.

I've noticed that we day that about everyone. I've seen it said about Vokoun, Timonen and Eaton just this week. I hope it pans out that way.

Joe T Choker 03-24-2006 02:43 PM

Do we really want Eaton back? ... I think the team has truly outgrown Eaton with the additions of Witt, Weber and Markov (to a lesser extent)

barrytrotzsneck 03-24-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Do we really want Eaton back? ... I think the team has truly outgrown Eaton with the additions of Witt, Weber and Markov (to a lesser extent)

I don't think Eaton will be brought back, but who knows. They seem to like him, and he's fairly steady\reliable. I don't think we'll re-sign Markov, though I'd like to. I think re-signing Witt, if he wishes to, should be a priority.

dulzhok 03-24-2006 03:12 PM

I'd like to resign Markov and Witt only if the price is right. I think Markov has been pleseantly surpised with his expirence in Nashville, after coming in with very little expectations for our team. If he's willing to sign for his current salary, I'd do it. 2 years would be ideal. Again, his play in the playoffs will determine his real worth this offseason.

This offseason's priority should be bringing in a bonafide #1 center or top notch center prospect/young player. I'd be willing to move a combination of Zidlicky, one of Hamhuis/Suter, etc to make it happen.

Other options if Markov and/or Witt falls through would be Skrastins or McKee types.

If we do deal Zidlicky, we'd have to replace him with someone like Kubina or Corvo to man the point on the powerplay. Kimmo is brillant at getting the most out of that right-handed point shot (see Zid, Berehowsky, Delmore).

I believe that now is the time for the Nashville Predators (the next few years), and having a great defense and goaltending is the basis for cup winning teams. For that reason, I really think we can not go with a 4 young, green defensmeman (IE Hamhuis, Suter, Weber, Klein). Ideally, we have four established dmen, 2 young studs, and a couple of prospects to groom in Milwaukee and also to have around for depth.

SmokeyClause 03-24-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
If we do deal Zidlicky, we'd have to replace him with someone like Kubina or Corvo to man the point on the powerplay. Kimmo is brillant at getting the most out of that right-handed point shot (see Zid, Berehowsky, Delmore).

I wouldn't mind seeing Weber get some PP time with Kimmo during training camp and preseason. He's not the best passer yet, but he has a hard, low, accurate pointshot that we have been lacking. His lack of an offensive mentality might drag down the powerplay, but I think it would be an interesting experiment.