HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ***read Before Making a Comrie Thread/proposal*** (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23476)

GKJ 10-28-2003 05:36 AM

***read Before Making a Comrie Thread/proposal***

All the Gaborik and Comrie proposals have been getting out of control recently. We have designated two threads for Comrie and everything Gaborik proposals. Any new threads will be closed without warning. As discussed later in this thread (now being edited) *substanstiated* rumors and breaking news will be allowed. For anyone who doesn't know what substanstiated means, bascially if you say your brother, neighbor, mailman or any other "I know a guy" or "a pretty good source" without a link will treated in a fashon where the iron fist us mods use will striketh upon thee. :D

Ironchef Chris Wok* 10-28-2003 05:47 AM

MISCELLEANOUS COMRIE AND GABBY THREADS, YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK. CUZ THE CHEF IS COMING FOR YA! :joker:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

jfont 10-28-2003 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
MISCELLEANOUS COMRIE AND GABBY THREADS, YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK. CUZ THE CHEF IS COMING FOR YA! :joker:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

does that mean we're going to eat soon? :dunno:

LOL!

Mathieu Lavergne 10-28-2003 06:23 AM

My opinion about this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saku K.
Yeah I thought about that for awhile, too many Gaborik & Comrie threads, particularly Comrie. I think it would be a good idea to make a ''Official my Comrie proposal is better than yours thread'' or something like that. It's been awhile the board has been ''flooded'' with Comrie & Gaborik proposal and it doesn't seem like it will end anytime soon. I think the trade option for Comrie are way bigger (and the fact he doesn't want to play for Edmonton anymore doesn't help a lot as well) than Gaborik (who probably won't be traded and has so much value that only few teams can afford him) and we should at the very least have a thread to ''filter'' the Comrie trade proposals. However, I am against putting the Gaborik & Comrie update/rumors in a ''filter'' thread as they are valuable informations that all posters (even those who hates the trade proposals) could be interested in.

Saku

In short, what I wanted

1) A new thread that would reunite the Comries proposals and possibly the Gaboriks proposal to make more space for the rumors/informations.

2) The informations/update/rumors about Comrie (and Gaborik) to be in separated threads (''regular'' thread if you will) since I won't search through a 20+ pages threads to read the informations I want to know.

Conclusion: I personnaly don't like this decision and don't shoulder the decision taken by my fellow moderators.

jfont 10-28-2003 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saku K.
My opinion about this:

In short, what I wanted

1) A new thread that would reunite the Comries proposals and possibly the Gaboriks proposal to make more space for the rumors/informations.

2) The informations/update/rumors about Comrie (and Gaborik) to be in separated threads (''regular'' thread if you will) since I won't search through a 20+ pages threads to read the informations I want to know.

Conclusion: I personnaly don't like this decision and don't shoulder the decision taken by my fellow moderators.

sorry about that saku...you have a point...i think next time we'll do it your way.

GKJ 10-28-2003 11:59 AM

Hey, if Saku's idea is better, let's go for it.

Whatever is best for the posters of the board/makes our job easier :D

when something big does happen this is what one poster will do

1) Make a new thread

2) Call us idiots

3)Ultimately put an end to the agony