HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   ***Official GDT 3/25 Predators @ Kings*** (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=234768)

johnjm22 03-25-2006 03:19 PM

***Official GDT 3/25 Predators @ Kings***

:kings
Los Angeles Kings
(37-27-5, 79 pts)

VS.

:nashville
Nashville Predators
(42-20-8, 92 pts)

Game Time: 7:30 PM PST | 10:30 PM EST
TV Broadcast: FSNW
Radio Broadcast: 710 AM
Online broadcast: NHL Radio

Quotes:
“I think the decision was one Dave didn't want to make, yet felt he needed to do it. I respect Dave and Phil Anschutz and I am thankful for the opportunity they gave me here. Dave wants this team to do well and felt this was necessary. I don't have to agree with him, but he felt it was.” - Andy Murray on being relieved of his coaching duties.

“I think Dave is sending a message to the team also. Everyone said, 'It's the coach, it's the coach,' Well, the coach is gone. We have 12 games left and we have to win…. The finger was pointing at Andy, that was the easy move. If we don't win, the finger is going to be pointed at the players.” - Craig Conroy

“Dave had no choice. I'm not saying Andy did everything right, because he didn't. But it wasn't a lack of effort on his part. I want every player to look in the mirror, and only a few can say they gave 100%. We've got 12 games left and now what this does is it sends a message to Dave and everybody that we're not going to accept losing. You want to blame Andy? Andy's gone. I'm very curious to see what they say now." – Tim Leiweke

“Nashville is dangerous all over the place. They are well coached and they don’t worry about mistakes. They just keep playing hard – pressure, pressure, pressure. That’s a great way to play this game. We’ll have to work on creating turnovers and establishing a good forecheck tonight. We also need to get the power play going and whoever is working hard on the power play will get the opportunity to play. Our main focus tonight is the first 20 minutes. We want to minimize the thought process and just go out and play.” – John Tochetti

Injuries:
Kings
Pavol Demitra (Sinus) day to day. Underwent successful surgery on Friday.
Jeff Cowan (Back Spasms) day to day.

Predators
Yanic Perreault (Knee) week to week.
Mark Eaton (Knee) day to day, may play tonight.
Scott Walker (Wrist) week to week.

Previous Meetings this year:
11-05-05 – Kings 3 Predators 2
11-19-05 - Kings 2 Predators 3
11-24-05 - Kings 3 Predators 4

Leading Scorers:
Forwards:
Conroy, LA - 59 points (19 G, 40 A, +14)
Kariya, NSH - 70 points (25 G, 45 A, -4)

Defensemen:
Visnovsky, LA - 61 points (17 G, 44 A, +14)
Zidlicky, NSH - 49 points (12 G, 37 A, +10)

Probable Starters:
Garon, LA - 54 GP | Record: 28-20-3 | GAA: 3.13
Vokoun, NSH 57 GP | Record: 35-15-7 | GAA: 2.51

Team Stats:
GAA:
LA - 3.33 (24th in NHL)
NSH - 2.72 (8th in NHL)

Avg. Goals:
LA - 3.16 (10th in NHL)
NSH – 3.10 (13th in NHL)

Power Play %:
LA – 14.7 (27th in NHL)
NSH – 18.6 (10th in NHL)

Penalty Kill %:
LA - 78.8 (27th in NHL)
NSH – 84.8 (6th in NHL)

Pacific Division Standings:
1. Dallas Stars (47-20-3) 97 pts
2. Anaheim Mighty Ducks (36-21-12) 84 pts
3. Los Angeles Kings (37-28-5) 79 pts
4. San Jose Sharks (34-24-10) 78 pts
5. Phoenix Coyotes (33-33-4) 70 pts

Western Conference Standings:
*1. Detroit Red Wings (48-15-6) 102 pts
*2. Dallas Stars (47-20-3) 97 pts
*3. Calgary Flames (39-23-8) 86 pts
4. Nashville Predators (42-20-8) 92 pts
5. Anaheim Mighty Ducks (36-21-12) 84 pts
6. Colorado Avalanche (38-25-7) 83 pts
7. Vancouver Canucks (38-27-6) 82 pts
8. Edmonton Oilers (34-24-12) 80 pts
-------------------------------------
9. Los Angeles Kings (37-28-5) 79 pts
10. San Jose Sharks (34-24-10) 78 pts
11. Minnesota Wild (32-31-7) 71 pts
12. Phoenix Coyotes (33-33-4) 70 pts
13. Columbus Blue Jackets (27-40-3) 57 pts
14. Chicago Blackhawks (21-38-9) 51 pts
15. St. Louis Blues (20-37-11) 51 pts

* - Division Leaders

Key/Division Games Tonight:
Columbus Blue Jackets @ Detroit Red Wings 4:30 PM PST | 7:30 PM EST
Colorado Avalanche @ St. Louis Blues 5:00 PM PST | 8:00 PM EST
San Jose Sharks @ Minnesota Wild 5:00 PM PST | 8:00 PM EST
Anaheim Mighty Ducks @ Phoenix Coyotes 6:00 PM PST | 9:00 PM EST
Edmonton Oilers @ Vancouver Canucks 7:00 PM PST | 10:00 PM EST

Reaper45 03-25-2006 03:26 PM

Depending on the how the first goes, I might be drinking an awful lot. . . .

johnjm22 03-25-2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45

So you don't expect the Kings to play well tonight?

kingsfan25 03-25-2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45

might?

kingsfan25 03-25-2006 03:31 PM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm more excited about this game than I've been in a while.

I'm looking forward to a first half-esque performance tonight.

kingsfan25 03-25-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22
[CENTER]“Dave had no choice. I'm not saying Andy did everything right, because he didn't. But it wasn't a lack of effort on his part. I want every player to look in the mirror, and only a few can say they gave 100%. We've got 12 games left and now what this does is it sends a message to Dave and everybody that we're not going to accept losing. You want to blame Andy? Andy's gone. I'm very curious to see what they say now." – Tim Leiweke

Dangle a little money in front of the suit and suddenly losing is unacceptable.

Reaper45 03-25-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

So you don't expect the Kings to play well tonight?

NO I do, but just as likely for that to happen, they could come out and flop, we'll see....

johnjm22 03-25-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan25
Dangle a little money in front of the suit and suddenly losing is unacceptable.

LOL.

But seriously I do think TL cares somewhat about the team, and I think his comments were refreshing.

kingsfan25 03-25-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

LOL.

But seriously I do think TL cares somewhat about the team, and I think his comments were refreshing.

I am thoroughly refreshed.

But let's not kid ourselves...if the Kings weren't on the verge of ending their streak as the only cash drain on AEG's roster(not counting Around the World in 80 Days, that is), he wouldn't be so passionate.

Static 03-25-2006 03:51 PM

I was at the Ducks game last night and Nashville is pretty damn fast...check that, hellishly fast. They are the best counter attacking Ive seen this year so the Kings better forecheck like mad and clog the nuetral zone to prevent too much speed or there are going to be a lot of odd man rushes...

savemefromtears 03-25-2006 04:13 PM

Heck as long as the players come out with intesity tonight and just play the darn game (they seem to have forgotten how...), I'll be all smiles.

I don't think I've been more excited about a game all season. I can feel it, I just hope the players do.

Hell maybe even Roenick might get a spark up his a$$ and actually skate. Er, fat chance. Sorry. Scratch that.

Sydor25 03-25-2006 04:31 PM

Can't wait until they drop the puck.

Go Kings Go!!

:yo:

hockey nut 03-25-2006 05:19 PM

Nashville played a physical game against the Ducks last night so they should be a little tired. With this in mind I predict the final score will be: Preds 4-2 over LA.

All_the_Kings_Men 03-25-2006 05:22 PM

its now or never...kings are well rested, nashville played last night, and the lame excuse of AM's poor coaching is gone!

if the kings players cant get up for this game...the season ends in mid-april

Prediction -
4-1 WIN

All_the_Kings_Men 03-25-2006 05:23 PM

im actually really looking forward to tonights game...GO KINGS!

two out of three* 03-25-2006 05:25 PM

Hopefully you remember the last we played.. Cause we ain't for-getting,
Comin back with some balls now, with the addition of Tor-chetti/
Hordichuk, sh-t, how bout Hordichick, you a f-ckin Barbie,
Even your parents thought you were a girl, thats why they named you Darcy/
The Kings dangerous again, cause we got Dave Tay-lor makin changes,
Your fans come to see hockey.. not Gaylord Entertainment/
Everyone ravin, and rantin.. sayin you a quick team
But f-ck that, Visnovsky prolly tellin Marek to "Zidlick-me"/
How can we lose to you? You just hicks-n-all,
Pre-game rap back, and in Country Terms so u can understand.. Im Tim McRAW/
Nashville more like Fagville, you aint even worthy competitors,
Gaylord Entertainment home of the Brokeback Predators/
You better hope we dont get in the Top 8 in the Standings list,
Cause that increases the chances of you playin Los Angeles/
Just was a warning.. You better c*m ready to go,
Cause we strapped and ready to blow like a lesbian sex video

GO KINGS GO

CowMix 03-25-2006 05:25 PM

Prediction: If kings lose, fire Torchetti posts will shortly follow ;)

kendawg 03-25-2006 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowMix
Prediction: If kings lose, fire Torchetti posts will shortly follow ;)

I'd personally wait much longer to fire Torchetti. Perhaps after we lose to Vancuver on monday?

johnjm22 03-25-2006 05:46 PM

Considering all that's gone on this week, and the developing rivalry between the Kings and Preds, I feel inclined to make the following statement:

If the King's players can't get up for this game, then they should all hang up their skates and retire!

KingsFan7824 03-25-2006 06:05 PM

The Revolution has begun. Now that the apparent Stalin-esque grip is gone, the players have no reason not to remember how to actually play hockey. Maybe being able to wear hats is the key to winning a Cup. Earning their paycheck for the first time in a few months would be nice to see.

Hating your boss is no reason not to show up. Now the kids got their way, lets see what they do with it.

Osprey 03-25-2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

If the King's players can't get up for this game, then they should all hang up their skates and retire!

I can understand the cynicism and where it comes from, but I think that people need to have a bit more faith in the players. I've never felt that the players were a rotten bunch compared to other teams. I've felt that the atmosphere was what had gone rotten, and it affected everyone.

There are a few people that thought that Murray was never the problem, so asking them to have faith in the players now is pointless... but the majority of people here felt that Murray was dragging this team down and contributing to a stale atmosphere in the dressing room. If you still believe that, then a little faith should be invested in the players. Everything that I've read and heard indicates that the players are excited to be free of the AM regime and to have Torchetti as their coach.

Regardless of whether they win or not, I have no doubt that they'll play with more energy and heart from here on out. I think that you have to have at least that much faith in them.

TubbyTerrion* 03-25-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey
I can understand the cynicism and where it comes from, but I think that people need to have a bit more faith in the players. I've never felt that the players were a rotten bunch compared to other teams. I've felt that the atmosphere was what had gone rotten, and it affected everyone.

There are a few people that thought that Murray was never the problem, so asking them to have faith in the players now is pointless... but the majority of people here felt that Murray was dragging this team down and contributing to a stale atmosphere in the dressing room. If you still believe that, then a little faith should be invested in the players. Everything that I've read and heard indicates that the players are excited to be free of the AM regime and to have Torchetti as their coach.

Regardless of whether they win or not, I have no doubt that they'll play with more energy and heart from here on out. I think that you have to have at least that much faith in them.

I agree 100%

I know for a fact that the players are thrilled to be free of AM, and so far JT has been a breath of fresh air.

HOWEVER, this team is not as good as a few of the teams they are set to face in the next week or so, and despite the effort, may fall short just because they don't have the ability to outscore their opponents.

I'm expecting a tremendous effort from the Kings tonight, but I am also expecting a pretty nasty Nashville team, not happy with the outcome of last night's affair. Of course, the Ducks are just so hot right now that Nashville was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This could happen again tonight, but my guess is that Nashville will just have too many advantages (speed, goaltending, special teams) to make this trip to Southern California a complete disaster.

johnjm22 03-25-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey

Oh I agree 100%, and I think the Kings will come out flying tonight. I was simply stating that "if" the players can't get up for this game (like some other posters were suggesting they wouldn't) then they should all just give it up.

For the record I do have faith in the players, and I think we have a pretty good team. IMO Andy Murray was the single biggest factor impedeing the King's sucess for the 05-06 season.

TubbyTerrion* 03-25-2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

IMO Andy Murray was the single biggest factor impedeing the King's sucess for the 05-06 season.

Kings' not King's

That being said, I would put reliance on players like Roenick and Armstrong up there as well. That's something Torchetti is probably going to find unavoidable in the immediate future.

johnjm22 03-25-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Kings' not King's

Care to elaborate?