HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wash/Det trade "Proposal". (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23481)

DanStewartFC 10-28-2003 05:44 AM

Wash/Det trade "Proposal".

How about a deal like this,

To Washington
C Jiri Hudler
G Manny Legace
D Mathieu Dandenault
LW Boyd Devereaux
C Tomas Kopecky
3rd rounder 04

To Detroit
RW Peter Bondra
D Sergei Gonchar

Washington get to unload some $$$ and get younger cheaper players/prospects/pick. Gonchar and Bondra will be missed immediatly but in one-two years Washington would be a better team because of this deal.

Detroit gets older. picks up some $$$. Gets one last run at the cup before the core of the team is retired. I am not sure if I would like this deal or not as a Detroit fan.

AvsGuy 10-28-2003 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
How about a deal like this,

To Washington
C Jiri Hudler
G Manny Legace
D Mathieu Dandenault
LW Boyd Devereaux
C Tomas Kopecky
3rd rounder 04

To Detroit
RW Peter Bondra
D Sergei Gonchar

Washington get to unload some $$$ and get younger cheaper players/prospects/pick. Gonchar and Bondra will be missed immediatly but in one-two years Washington would be a better team because of this deal.

umm...ok.

a trade that big, i've forgotten what the point of it was. lets break it down:

Legace, Devereaux and a 3rd for Bondra. hah. i laugh. Washington has no need for any of those guys, and they sure as hell won't let Bondra go for that pittance.

Hudler, Kopecky and Dandenault for Gonchar. again, very funny. Hudler might be a nice looking prospect, but Gonchar is elite. you won't get him for a nice looking prospect and spare parts.

Quote:

I am not sure if I would like this deal or not as a Detroit fan.
are you stunned? detroit makes out like bandits and pretty much guarantees themselves the Cup with this deal.

MileHigh 10-28-2003 06:16 AM

So it's all of detriots crap for two of washington's best players?

Besides I thought that the wings were looking for a center, i don't think bondra can play in the middle. And honestly I know Hatcher is out but thier d-corps are amoung the best in the league with or without Gonchar.

Doesn't make much sense for either team.

DanStewartFC 10-28-2003 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
umm...ok.

a trade that big, i've forgotten what the point of it was. lets break it down:

Legace, Devereaux and a 3rd for Bondra. hah. i laugh. Washington has no need for any of those guys, and they sure as hell won't let Bondra go for that pittance.

Hudler, Kopecky and Dandenault for Gonchar. again, very funny. Hudler might be a nice looking prospect, but Gonchar is elite. you won't get him for a nice looking prospect and spare parts.

are you stunned? detroit makes out like bandits and pretty much guarantees themselves the Cup with this deal.

The reason I don't know if I like this deal is because when half of the teams retires next year they better have some prospects in the ranks comming up. This deal is full of young players who are expected to move into bigger roles on the Wings next year. Also, Washington wouldn't be shopping these players around if they could afford them or wanted high priced talent in return. picks/prospects/Cheap youngsters are what they are after.

Marshall 10-28-2003 06:21 AM

From a Washington perspective, heck no.

Ozy_Flame 10-28-2003 06:28 AM

Once again, spare parts for gold. Doesn't happen.

Gonchar alone could command a name like Fischer, Zetterberg, or Datsyuk.

Ajacied 10-28-2003 06:38 AM

That's trade proposal #328 you've come up with, and frankly, they aren't getting any better. In fact, this one is horrendous, Caps easily give the 2 best players in the deal. Try involving Dats, Zett or Fisher if you want either, and then add 2 or 3 of them in order to land them both.

NFITO 10-28-2003 06:47 AM

I don't think it's a bad proposal strict value wise, but I don't think it makes any sense for either team.

For Washington - they have no need for Legace - who'd be a big part of this deal... Legace is a backup - albiet a great one - but they need to find space to bring in Ouellete soon....

For Detroit, why would they go with a Hasek-Cujo, $16mill goaltending tandem?? doesn't make much sense for them to have so much locked up in goal.

Also with the defense they already have, they dont' really have a huge need for Gonchar... even with Hatcher out!

If the caps however are looking to cut payroll, and are becoming more desparate on this, and can't find any takers for Jagr, Lang or Kolzig, then they might just have to move these two guys - and right now considering that few to no teams have much salary space, they probably won't get a whole lot (comparitively) in this market for them.

Still I'd see them moving Lang to Detroit first - seems like a good fit for them, with needing a center... a Lang for Dandenault deal (considering the salary differences here) could make sense for both teams.