HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Avery does pushups... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=234960)

HVPOLARBEARS19 03-26-2006 04:09 AM

Avery does pushups...

Hey guys, as a non-Predator fan I was just trying to get perspective from you guys about what you thought of Avery tonight. The way I see it, it was totally ridiculous, uncalled for and idiotic and I know that if it happened against the Rangers I'd be pissed. However, most posters on the main board think I'm nuts for being the slightest bit upset for watching Avery pull a T.O. out there and totally make a mockery of the game. What were your reactions though, just trying to get a better perspective of this.

golfmade 03-26-2006 04:37 AM

I personally can't stand Avery, and this is further proof to me at least that he's a ****ing twit.

predperson 03-26-2006 07:36 AM

Avery is an attention-seeking ho.
He has no clue what it means to be a "professional".
Obviously, the new coach is not going to try and control him and will just let him do his "thing":

Quote:

That free-at-last feeling was underscored when Avery scored the final goal, then dropped to the ice to do push-ups in a look-at-me moment that would have been frowned upon by the previous regime.
The link for this is above, in the media thread.

I'll give him credit, where credit is due....he does get under the opposing team's skin. The Kings do pay a price for his antics.....loss of respect across the league.....they should ask themselves if it is worth the price. I guess they think it is.

SmokeyClause 03-26-2006 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19
Hey guys, as a non-Predator fan I was just trying to get perspective from you guys about what you thought of Avery tonight. The way I see it, it was totally ridiculous, uncalled for and idiotic and I know that if it happened against the Rangers I'd be pissed. However, most posters on the main board think I'm nuts for being the slightest bit upset for watching Avery pull a T.O. out there and totally make a mockery of the game. What were your reactions though, just trying to get a better perspective of this.

It didn't bother me. It was a pointless goal in a loss. I'd rather him not do it as it is classless, but hey, he called Trotz' bluff. Trotz basically sat Hordichuk and Tootoo for the last two periods and begged the Kings to run over a tired Predator team that played the game handcuffed from a variety of sources. I am disappointed that we didn't respond in any way to his antics, but I can't say I'm suprised. Trotz is not Hartley or Sutter. He refuses to resort to goonery or cheapshots to end games. I can't say I blame him. If there was a brawl, it would just end up as a big powerplay for the Kings with the way the game had gone to that point. As terrible as the Kings D was and is, we could have made a game of it and almost did.

What bothered me from the last game was more than Avery, as he didn't play a major role in the game at all. Well, save for boarding Zidlicky and knocking him out of the contest. I look past Avery's actions and at the play of Vokoun who has looked quite bad in 3 of his past 4 contests. He might be beginning to hit that wall that we all feared he'd hit directly after the Olympics. It was very questionable of Trotz to start him last night. Playing your starting goalie, who has to be tired, in back to back contests on a west coast road swing was foolish when those individual games aren't crucial. They'd be nice to win, but we aren't in the dog fight that most teams are in. A rested goalie is more important than those 2 points which will likely be of little consequence as the season closes.

This game was a confluence of terrible goaltending, officiating, luck, and coaching decisions. I'm more concerned about those things than what a 3rd liner does after an insurance goal.

kingpest19 03-26-2006 10:51 AM

You guys do realize that it was a shot at Andy Murray and not at the Preds right? While it probably wasnt the smartest thing to do, it was avery letting loose after a difficult year.

SmokeyClause 03-26-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpest19
You guys do realize that it was a shot at Andy Murray and not at the Preds right? While it probably wasnt the smartest thing to do, it was avery letting loose after a difficult year.

Not sure that's really relevant. Those who are upset at him will remain upset because, like it or not, they are going to take it as a slight to the Preds because it was done on the ice against the Preds.

Personally, I'd rather him take a shot at the Preds than at Andy Murray. At least the Preds would be in a position to 'defend their honor.' The same can't be said of Murray who is hardly the reason the Kings are where they are. Few coaches can make that D-core and goalie group the caliber that Kings fans expect and demand.

kingpest19 03-26-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Not sure that's really relevant. Those who are upset at him will remain upset because, like it or not, they are going to take it as a slight to the Preds because it was done on the ice against the Preds.

Personally, I'd rather him take a shot at the Preds than at Andy Murray. At least the Preds would be in a position to 'defend their honor.' The same can't be said of Murray who is hardly the reason the Kings are where they are. Few coaches can make that D-core and goalie group the caliber that Kings fans expect and demand.

Actually Andy Murray had a big hand in the way the Kings are where they are at. Every year it was the same thing. Great start piss poor finish. He never changed his system up never made any adjustments to it and it showed every year. His style of dump and chase was so predictable and easy to stop teams did it on a regular basis. As far as Avery and Murray goes Im sure Avery wasnt a saint in the whole thing but Murray holds some of the blame also. When a coach comes out and says the things he said about Avery in the press, you have to expect something like this come back around.

Nitrous Mafia 03-26-2006 11:51 AM

Who cares.

SmokeyClause 03-26-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpest19
Actually Andy Murray had a big hand in the way the Kings are where they are at. Every year it was the same thing. Great start piss poor finish. He never changed his system up never made any adjustments to it and it showed every year. His style of dump and chase was so predictable and easy to stop teams did it on a regular basis. As far as Avery and Murray goes Im sure Avery wasnt a saint in the whole thing but Murray holds some of the blame also. When a coach comes out and says the things he said about Avery in the press, you have to expect something like this come back around.

He had a hand in their failures, undoubtedly. I should have emphasized the word 'the' when saying "the reason." I just don't see them as that good of a hockey club. Their goaltending is terrible and their D core is shakey. Even in their 'breakout' game under their new coach, these flaws were on display. They are a 7-10 team in the West in my opinion, which is exactly where AM had them. They might go on a run, but I think it's difficult to lay the blame mostly on his shoulders for this team.

kingpest19 03-26-2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
He had a hand in their failures, undoubtedly. I should have emphasized the word 'the' when saying "the reason." I just don't see them as that good of a hockey club. Their goaltending is terrible and their D core is shakey. Even in their 'breakout' game under their new coach, these flaws were on display. They are a 7-10 team in the West in my opinion, which is exactly where AM had them. They might go on a run, but I think it's difficult to lay the blame mostly on his shoulders for this team.

I will agree with the defense. For some reason they have been playing like absolute crap. They are undersized also. Playing Vish and Corvo on the same pairing doesnt help. Garon is actually a really good goalie. He just gets left out to dry way too often lately. Theyve got a lot of talent up front, just that talent was asked to play a different role than need be. Cant ask your finesse style players to play like a 4th line grinder game in and game out.

Upchuck19 03-26-2006 01:27 PM

That is a terrible display of a coach that I have ever seen. Avery is showing up the Preds and Trotz did nothing. Someone should of fed Avery his lunch. If Trotz doesn't let Hordichuk or Tootoo on the ice then someone else should of gone after Avery.

A hockey team has to have heart and toughness to win in the playoffs, maybe the Preds have what it takes during the regular season. But will crash and burn in the 1st round! I'm disappointed that Shea didn't go after Avery, maybe he tried but someone had a oportunity to defend the Preds and no one did, very sad! :dunno:

jstreet 03-26-2006 03:12 PM

the whole team just looked tired and deflated. They can rest up and continue to play good hockey down the stretch, however Avery will always be a jackass.

and I dont understand how his skills as a hockey player factor in. People always argue,"but he's a great checker, he'll score 20 goals, etc." The man is still a jackass. 15 goals doesnt change the fact.

So it's hard to get too upset, it's just Avery being Avery.

ziggy_puppy 03-26-2006 03:51 PM

I think you guys should be more concerned with the loss than Avery's post-goal celebrations, especially when it wasn't even directed towards the Predators. Trotz seemed to be. It wasn't a big deal. So Avery is emotional. Get over it.

predperson 03-26-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy_puppy
I think you guys should be more concerned with the loss than Avery's post-goal celebrations, especially when it wasn't even directed towards the Predators. Trotz seemed to be. It wasn't a big deal. So Avery is emotional. Get over it.

EMOTIONAL? EMOTIONAL? :amazed: :amazed: When I have PMS, I'm emotional. I think Avery is a thug, a chicken/turtle and an attention-ho.

We don't need you to come over here and tell us what to be concerned with (and for the record, no one's "concerned" with Avery....we were simply asked what we thought about his actions).....we also don't need you to tell us to "get over it" on our own board. Crawl back under that rock you slithered out from under. :madfire:

Nitrous Mafia 03-26-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy_puppy

I think you need to be more worried about making the playoffs rather than being concerned with what we are doing. While we being playoff bound have the time to worry about little things like this.

octopi 03-26-2006 04:57 PM

When I saw that, I thought "What does this guy do, watch Terrell Owens and copy whatever he does?

pred33fan 03-26-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predperson
EMOTIONAL? EMOTIONAL? :amazed: :amazed: When I have PMS, I'm emotional. I think Avery is a thug, a chicken/turtle and an attention-ho.

We don't need you to come over here and tell us what to be concerned with (and for the record, no one's "concerned" with Avery....we were simply asked what we thought about his actions).....we also don't need you to tell us to "get over it" on our own board. Crawl back under that rock you slithered out from under. :madfire:

:handclap: :yo:

HVPOLARBEARS19 03-26-2006 05:58 PM

I knew you guys would be pissed and rightfully so, I sure would be if it happened to the Rangers, but for some reason everyone on the NHL Board thought I was out of my mind for having an opinion other than "oh whatever it doesnt matter, it adds character."

HeShootseyScores 03-26-2006 07:16 PM

"totally ridiculous, uncalled for and idiotic"

Yep, that pretty much sums up Turtle Avery.

Pattypred 03-26-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchuck19
That is a terrible display of a coach that I have ever seen. Avery is showing up the Preds and Trotz did nothing. Someone should of fed Avery his lunch. If Trotz doesn't let Hordichuk or Tootoo on the ice then someone else should of gone after Avery.

A hockey team has to have heart and toughness to win in the playoffs, maybe the Preds have what it takes during the regular season. But will crash and burn in the 1st round! I'm disappointed that Shea didn't go after Avery, maybe he tried but someone had a oportunity to defend the Preds and no one did, very sad! :dunno:

Terrible display by a coach - excuse me - coaches have been fined for doing STUPID stuff like that.

I don't want any of my guys going after twerps like Avery. He is wasted space. He is NOT worth wasting fines or penalty minutes going after.

As to "getting over Avery" .... ain't gonna happen - not being the piece of **** that he is and always will be. He is my 2nd most hated hockey player. The first one is a sissy while Avery is a embarrassment to the true hockey players of the world.

:madfire:

ILuvLA 03-26-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predperson

And what would you call Darcy Hordichuck (sp) ?? Taking runs at Robitaille??? Please. Give me a break. Avery is Avery and Hordichuck is the same.

HeShootseyScores 03-26-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Avery is Avery and Hordichcuk is the same.

Not even close. Good lord, not even close.

Pattypred 03-26-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

And what would you call Darcy Hordichuck (sp) ?? Taking runs at Robitaille??? Please. Give me a break. Avery is Avery and Hordichuck is the same.

And Robitaille didn't cross check or go after anyone. Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiight.

I really did use to like the Kings. However, recently they have become one of my hated teams...... all because of ***** ****** ****** *******

HeShootseyScores 03-26-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

And what would you call Darcy Hordichuck (sp) ?? Taking runs at Robitaille??? Please..

These alleged "runs" came after Luc cheap shotted Darcy. Selective memory I see.

kingpest19 03-26-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeShootseyScores
These alleged "runs" came after Luc cheap shotted Darcy. Selective memory I see.

Allegeded runs? IIRC correctly thats what the 10 min misconduct penalty was for. Going after Luc after he had dropped the gloves with Parros.
Cheap shotted him? Since when is 2 players running into each other a " cheap shot"?