HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What R The OIL Waiting For? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23537)

Copper&Blue4Life 10-28-2003 08:50 AM

What R The OIL Waiting For?

You are all talking about the oilers trying to acquire a good solid defenseman in a trade swap involving comrie. KLowe should be trying to sign Bryan Berard. Berard is said to be not worth more than 2.08 (last figure i heard), beat the canucks and the flames to the punch and at least try to make look like you are making an effort to clinch a playoff spot this year. As far as Comrie goes, I would like to see him back in the Oiler silks, but it ain't going to happen. Finally, arent we all glad that Salo is getting so much money to SUCK. However, i think we might have to bite the bullet on Salo, because no team is going to trade for a goalie who is last in pretty much every goalie statistic, except for losses which he will soon be first.

Oilers Hockey 10-28-2003 08:55 AM

I would love to see the Oil sign Bread, but apprently Calgary and Vancouver are more interested. I won't be mad if Lowe doesn't try, but I'm still wondering where all the supposed money is...he won't pay Comrie what he wants, yet he will shell out almost 2 million for Isbister...

dawgbone 10-28-2003 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copper&Blue4Life
You are all talking about the oilers trying to acquire a good solid defenseman in a trade swap involving comrie. KLowe should be trying to sign Bryan Berard. Berard is said to be not worth more than 2.08 (last figure i heard), beat the canucks and the flames to the punch and at least try to make look like you are making an effort to clinch a playoff spot this year. As far as Comrie goes, I would like to see him back in the Oiler silks, but it ain't going to happen. Finally, arent we all glad that Salo is getting so much money to SUCK. However, i think we might have to bite the bullet on Salo, because no team is going to trade for a goalie who is last in pretty much every goalie statistic, except for losses which he will soon be first.

Berard doesn't help the Oilers defensive issues at all.

Slats432 10-28-2003 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemskyfan
I would love to see the Oil sign Bread, but apprently Calgary and Vancouver are more interested. I won't be mad if Lowe doesn't try, but I'm still wondering where all the supposed money is...he won't pay Comrie what he wants, yet he will shell out almost 2 million for Isbister...

It has been said about 1000 times in the media that the issue between the Oilers and Mike Comrie is not about money.

thome_26 10-28-2003 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copper&Blue4Life

All these topics have been discussed at great length in other threads - search them out and share your opinion there. But yes, I'd like to see Berard signed to, but as mentioned, he won't help our team in our own end where we need it the most. If the Flyers would eat some of his salary, I think Therien would be a decent type of player for us. Smith, Therien, Cross, and Staios woul be VERY steady. But then again - you wouldn't think we need ANOTHER one of them would you. That would leave Bergeron, Semenov, Brewer, and Ferguson two spots. I dunno - I think we just have to hope that everybody starts playing like the can. I have faith that they will turn it around.