HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hordichuk suspended for three games (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=235483)

Osprey 03-27-2006 05:07 PM

Hordichuk suspended for three games

Odd. I recall the incident, but it didn't seem to me like Hordichuk did anything to warrant a suspension, much less three games. Maybe I just missed it or the NHL is cracking down :dunno:
Quote:

NEW YORK/TORONTO (March 27, 2006) -- Nashville Predators forward Darcy Hordichuk has been suspended for three games, without pay, as a result of an altercation during NHL game #1057 against the Los Angeles Kings on March 25.
NHL.com - Predators' Hordichuk Suspended For Three Games

BTW, if any Kings fans come here, let's keep it civil and analytical. We don't need a flame war.

Beauty, eh? 03-27-2006 05:17 PM

Hordichuk's a *****!

Nitrous Mafia 03-27-2006 05:19 PM

^
Weak!

And weak on the NHL for suspending him for three games. I've seen alot worse.

Beauty, eh? 03-27-2006 05:22 PM

Well, he does have a girl's name.

Osprey 03-27-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?

And you don't, Beauty? ;) (yep, that was a zinger)

Beauty, eh? 03-27-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey
And you don't, Beauty? ;) (yep, that was a zinger)

Well, at least mine's only a pseudonym ;)

Nitrous Mafia 03-27-2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

He does have a non-gender specific name. But at the same time he is a forward for a playoff bound NHL team and he just got suspended for fighting. :yo:
He's a badass in my book.

Beauty, eh? 03-27-2006 05:43 PM

If you saw the fight, you'd surely know he wasn't suspended based on that.

It probably had more to do with him running his mouth while in the box more than anything. Not so badass.

Nitrous Mafia 03-27-2006 05:45 PM

Running his mouth in the box, that gets you suspended, I didn't even know that those old guys in the box could hear.

vopatsrash 03-27-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

If you saw the fight, you'd surely know he wasn't suspended based on that.

It probably had more to do with him running his mouth while in the box more than anything. Not so badass.

If the suspension was for running his mouth in the box, how is it that Chris Chelios ever plays in a game? :confused: ;)

Pred303 03-27-2006 05:54 PM

they must be ruling that hordichuk came off the bench to start the fight... i didn't realize that he was they one ruled for the too many men on the ice penalty that went along with the scuffle...but that is what would explain this

Osprey 03-27-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
they must be ruling that hordichuk came off the bench to start the fight... i didn't realize that he was they one ruled for the too many men on the ice penalty that went along with the scuffle...but that is what would explain this

If I'm not mistaken, leaving the bench to start/join an altercation is an automatic 10-game suspension, not 3-game. Maybe you're right, though, and this is a slightly difference circumstance. Who knows.

jstreet 03-27-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vopatsrash
If the suspension was for running his mouth in the box, how is it that Chris Chelios ever plays in a game? :confused: ;)

:lol:

Bandit 03-27-2006 06:06 PM

As a Kings fan, I too am surprised at this. If they ruled he came off the bench, he should have got 10 games, if not, I have no idea what the suspension is for. Taunting Robitaille after the fight with Parros?

MAYBE I could understand one game, but 3? Seems a bit crazy, and I can't stand the guy. Who knows, maybe he said something? It doesn't make a lot of sense though.

jstreet 03-27-2006 06:08 PM

well it shouldnt affect our game any since Trotz only lets him play 3 minutes per game.

Joe T Choker 03-27-2006 06:09 PM

can i get a huzzah for the pussification of the NHL? :shakehead

a) they make a schedule more condusive to divisional rivalries
b) fighting is a no-no
c) now apparently you can't talk trash anymore? ... awesome job nhl a & c are complete and polar opposites of the spectrum

Pred303 03-27-2006 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey
If I'm not mistaken, leaving the bench to start/join an altercation is an automatic 10-game suspension, not 3-game. Maybe you're right, though, and this is a slightly difference circumstance. Who knows.

remember though... technically it wasn't a "fight", him and parros only got coincidental "roughing" penalties, not fighting majors (even though hordichuk punched him twice)

danaluvsthekings 03-27-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit
As a Kings fan, I too am surprised at this. If they ruled he came off the bench, he should have got 10 games, if not, I have no idea what the suspension is for. Taunting Robitaille after the fight with Parros?

MAYBE I could understand one game, but 3? Seems a bit crazy, and I can't stand the guy. Who knows, maybe he said something? It doesn't make a lot of sense though.

Unless that maybe since neither Parros or Hordichuk got a fighting major, that's why it wasn't the 10 games automatically for coming off the bench. I'm not sure. Either way it didn't look like he did much to deserve a suspension.

Pred303 03-27-2006 06:23 PM

as stupid as this sounds (and god knows i'm a hordichuk fan and hate this)...hordichuk probably got off very lucky here with this ruling... evidently the refs ruled he was the "two many men on the ice" guy at fault (something i certainly didn't know during the game, but i also couldn't understand the 10 minute misconduct), now i understand the 10 minute misconduct...

remember, it's an automatic 10 game suspension for anyone coming off the bench and fighting ...

however, instead of calling it a "fight" the refs simply gave him and parros coincidental "roughing" penalties....(even though we all know hordichuk smashed him twice).. if hordichuk and parros had both been given what they deserved, i.e. fighting majors, and the refs had ruled hordichuk was the 6th man on the ice, which they obviously did, well a suspension of 10 games is automatic with no hope of appeal...

the only other thing i can imagine, is that the league can review players that have more than 3 misconducts in any 41 game period, and suspend them for a period they see fit if desired... only other thing that would make any sense about the suspension if this isn't it

triggrman 03-27-2006 06:33 PM

No consistancy - What was the suspension in the Cairns Chara deal?

Parker goes ape and climbs the glass and gets one game. What joke

homersimpson 03-27-2006 06:37 PM

Thanks, that is the only thing that came to mind. Extra man on the ice (him) and to fight. I remember a few years ago a King's rookie came off of the bench after a whistle to back up a player and he got a suspension for it. I remember some of the players help him pay the fine.

kingpest19 03-27-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
No consistancy - What was the suspension in the Cairns Chara deal?

Parker goes ape and climbs the glass and gets one game. What joke

I believe Cairns got 3 games also. As a Kings fan watching this game it suprised me to see him get the 10. Thought he got for trying to get at Luc. Didnt think hed get a 3 game suspension for it.

willie 03-27-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
as stupid as this sounds (and god knows i'm a hordichuk fan and hate this)...hordichuk probably got off very lucky here with this ruling... evidently the refs ruled he was the "two many men on the ice" guy at fault (something i certainly didn't know during the game, but i also couldn't understand the 10 minute misconduct), now i understand the 10 minute misconduct...

remember, it's an automatic 10 game suspension for anyone coming off the bench and fighting ...

however, instead of calling it a "fight" the refs simply gave him and parros coincidental "roughing" penalties....(even though we all know hordichuk smashed him twice).. if hordichuk and parros had both been given what they deserved, i.e. fighting majors, and the refs had ruled hordichuk was the 6th man on the ice, which they obviously did, well a suspension of 10 games is automatic with no hope of appeal...

Well, firstly, Hordichuk hardly "smashed" him twice unless you are perhaps referring to some of the shots after Parros went down. There weren't any punches that actually connected and resulted in Parros going down. The contributing factor was just Parros awful balance.

But I digress. I think you might have hit the nail on the head. If this is indeed the case, anyone angry about the suspension should actually be quite content. Since the refs didn't call it an "actual fight", he's lucky to avoid the automatic 10 games on a technicalit. But jumping off the bench to start a "roughing" incident - particularly when it clearly was a fight - is certainly not going to sit well with the NHL brass.

Live in the Now 03-27-2006 06:53 PM

Go

Quote:

Originally Posted by homersimpson
Thanks, that is the only thing that came to mind. Extra man on the ice (him) and to fight. I remember a few years ago a King's rookie came off of the bench after a whistle to back up a player and he got a suspension for it. I remember some of the players help him pay the fine.

Adam Mair. He earned much respect for that fight with Chris Neil, because Neil was pounding on Mikko Eloranta, not exactly the fighting type.

Very surprised to see Hordichuk not get the 10 game suspension if it was for him coming off the bench.
________
buy herbalaire vaporizer

TubbyTerrion* 03-27-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homersimpson

That was (now-Sabre) Adam Mair in a game at Ottawa's Corel Center.