HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Break up the Forsberg/Gagne/Knuble line -- they're awful (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=235957)

GKJ 03-28-2006 09:59 PM

Break up the Forsberg/Gagne/Knuble line -- they're awful
 
It's terrible. They no longer generate sustained pressure, all of Gagne's shots and passes are muted because when Forsberg passes the puck to him everyone gets into all of his shooting and passing lanes. Forsberg almost never shoots (although I see he had 5 of them tonight, I'd be willing to bet the under of real quality shots) and the defense automatically go and cancel out Gagne and Knuble and let Forsberg pass to a defenseman who then can't hit the net, and almost every time its 1 shot and out of the zone.



5 on 5, the game against the Leafs, this line was the 4th best line on the team.



It's time to swallow some pride and let all 3 of them play with new linemates. If they're waiting for Branko Radivojevic to come back and add some scoring tough to the top lines, the joke is not on us

The Mailman* 03-28-2006 10:15 PM

I love you, Stacey Farber

Pantokrator 03-28-2006 10:29 PM

I would love to switch it up and see how everyone does. They can't do worse.

Ex Storm 03-28-2006 10:43 PM

Alright, I love the line game! Here's what I'm thinking:

Gagne-Nedved-Kapanen
Handzus-Forsberg-Knuble
Brashear-Richards-Savage/Radio
Umberger-Carter-Dimitrakos

You know, when you break up the top line, it really makes it hard to put anything together that makes sense. No matter what combination I try, it just looks stupid.

The problem is that the other three lines have been working well.

goodrev 03-28-2006 10:49 PM

you know for a fact that "Mr.Minus" brian savage is going to find his way to forsberg's wing if the lines are shaken up.... i just dont get hitch's fascination with this sorry excuse for a AHL'er but he will be there if the lines are shaken up... maybe he wants forsberg to know that he HAS to take shots because he can hand savage a goal and he will be shoot it into the rafters or whiff

Synthetic 03-29-2006 02:06 AM

I say we throw Esche to wing on Forsberg's line, take Gags out and put him in goal.

Forsberg wouldn't have to pass it to Esche's stick, if the puck hits anywhere on Esche, it's gonna ricochet off and rebound into the net at a blazing speed. No one except Lalime could stop that.

Viberg 03-29-2006 04:13 AM

I would like to see Zeus on a line with Gagne and Forsberg. Gags need someone to give him the puck and Forsberg need someone who can score on his line, Zeus would do a great job in defence and in the corners...

Gagne - Handzus - Forsberg
Kapanen - Nedved - Knuble
Brashear - Richards - Radivojevic/Savage
Umberger - Carter - Dimitrakos

It works on NHL06 ;)

The Kingslayer 03-29-2006 04:22 AM

Why dont they try Umberger- Forsberg- Carter

Winston Wolf 03-29-2006 05:07 AM

Gagne-Richards-Kapanen
Carter-Forsberg-Nedved
Umberger-Handzus-Knuble
Brashear-Dimitrakos/Radivojevic-Dimitrakos/Radivojevic

:dunno: I'm drunk, but it looks good to me. Carter's shot on the off-wing sounds good and Knuble and Handzus work well together. Could definitely double shift a center on that last line, though.

TheKingPin 03-29-2006 05:10 AM

i like a lot of the ideas posted. Especially zues with Forsberg. It is obvious that Foppa is less than 100%. He needs time to recover and playing center against the other teams top line isnt going to do that. He played wing in the olympics and said he liked it a lot. Plus imagine Nedved with his wrist shot and Kunuble in front...that could be real good.

JXC 03-29-2006 08:24 AM

I'll never understand injury management at this time of year. One game in the six days between last Saturday v Ottawa and this coming Saturday v Devils. Why not give a guy like Forsberg six days off? I think he has the type of injury that might benefit from five days off the ice, unlike Rathje and Hatcher (it appears to me) who both have tears that require surgery.

Hmmmmm.

Try to win the division and get home ice advantage over Tampa with Forsberg at 75% or yield the division and play Buffalo with four games in their barn with Forsberg at 90%?

Real tough call. :rolleyes:

GameFace247SON 03-29-2006 08:25 AM

i think this is a bit of a surprising overreaction, GKJ. I think that the top line's style of play and creativity needs work, but the scoring results of those three playing together, when they've all been healthy, is pretty hard to argue with. I wouldn't mind seeing Richards or Carter get some first line minutes, but other than that I think that those guys just need to loosen up.

Broad st phantom 03-29-2006 08:58 AM

well something has to be done with this line, there not producing as much, but knowing hitch he probally wont break them up. Id love to see them come out next game n knock some in. but i dunno about that
hopefully they can find a way around it. its hard though cause all the other lines are working pretty good together

steve32 03-29-2006 09:29 AM

you know why they aren't producing? because gagne isn't playing like a first line player. he takes way too many shots from bad angles. from watching all of the possible games it can easily be seen that simon is not as good as they lead him to be. he should be brought down to a second line winger so he can appreciate his linemates more

Cmoneyflyguy 03-29-2006 10:59 AM

Seems pretty rash to me.
In the 4 game win streak, I'm pretty sure they had points in every game.

Ex Storm 03-29-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve32
you know why they aren't producing? because gagne isn't playing like a first line player. he takes way too many shots from bad angles. from watching all of the possible games it can easily be seen that simon is not as good as they lead him to be. he should be brought down to a second line winger so he can appreciate his linemates more

Soooo...who do you suggest IS a first line winger on this team? Gagne shoots a lot because he's got a great shot. He's got 40+ goals because of that shot. If he doesn't shoot, who will? Knuble can barely handle the puck to save his life and Forsberg always passes.

GKJ 03-29-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy
Seems pretty rash to me.
In the 4 game win streak, I'm pretty sure they had points in every game.

Let's not count power play goals, since last night we really only had 3 pp's (4th with 30 seconds left)


2 goals, both by Gagne, and one of them was a terrible giveaway. We had a lot of other guys step up, the Carter line had another goal, Nedved's line was good I thought, and Richards was on the 4th line, I never expect much from the 4th line

BringBackStevens 03-29-2006 04:18 PM

i want to see richards on this line in some way.

bodangleroo28 03-29-2006 04:25 PM

we need to load up 3 lins then put the worst three guys on the last line


my personal opinion would be


Gagne-Forsberg-Carter
Umberger-nedved-Knuble
Handzus-richards-kapanen
dimebag-savage-brashear

i am dave 03-29-2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
It's terrible. They no longer generate sustained pressure, all of Gagne's shots and passes are muted because when Forsberg passes the puck to him everyone gets into all of his shooting and passing lanes. Forsberg almost never shoots (although I see he had 5 of them tonight, I'd be willing to bet the under of real quality shots) and the defense automatically go and cancel out Gagne and Knuble and let Forsberg pass to a defenseman who then can't hit the net, and almost every time its 1 shot and out of the zone.



5 on 5, the game against the Leafs, this line was the 4th best line on the team.



It's time to swallow some pride and let all 3 of them play with new linemates. If they're waiting for Branko Radivojevic to come back and add some scoring tough to the top lines, the joke is not on us


Were you sitting behind me last night?

Obviously not, you would never have asked if the referees were "the ones wearing orange." But still!

I agree with you and I disagree with you. Long-term break-up is not the solution. Maybe just a little shake-up, but overall I'd say no, don't break this line up, especially not on the PP.

Right now the 20-17-15 line is the one line I feel is working hardest and being most consistently productive lately. Was it just me, or did they not see action the first 12 minutes-or-so in the 2nd last night?

Let's face it. J.S. Aubin? Vezina now.

HoverCarle* 03-29-2006 04:38 PM

nedved-foppa-knuble
gagne-richards-kapenan
brashear-zeus-radio
umberger-carter-dimebag

would be my take on it

FlyersFanJS 03-29-2006 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovercraft
nedved-foppa-knuble
gagne-richards-kapenan
brashear-zeus-radio
umberger-carter-dimebag

would be my take on it

i'd rather keep gags on a line with forsberg...how bout...

Gagne-Forsberg-Kapanen
Nedved-Richards-Knuble
Brashear-Handzus-Savage
Umberger-Carter-Dimitrakos

GKJ 03-30-2006 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
i'd rather keep gags on a line with forsberg...how bout...

Gagne-Forsberg-Kapanen
Nedved-Richards-Knuble
Brashear-Handzus-Savage
Umberger-Carter-Dimitrakos


My whole point is to break up Gagne and Forsberg. Gagne gets taken out of far too many plays anymore. Part of it is that he tries to make a spactaculat play because he plays with Forsberg and he thinks he can be Forsberg. Both of these guys need to dumb their game down.

FlyersFanJS 03-30-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
My whole point is to break up Gagne and Forsberg. Gagne gets taken out of far too many plays anymore. Part of it is that he tries to make a spactaculat play because he plays with Forsberg and he thinks he can be Forsberg. Both of these guys need to dumb their game down.

the problem with breaking up foppa and gags is that the flyers don't have another true playmaker (except maybe carter), and granted the tandem is in a rut, but they have some real chemistry together, and imo it is important to keep them together, but as well as knuble has been playing, bring someone else up to shake up the line

GKJ 03-30-2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
the problem with breaking up foppa and gags is that the flyers don't have another true playmaker (except maybe carter), and granted the tandem is in a rut, but they have some real chemistry together, and imo it is important to keep them together, but as well as knuble has been playing, bring someone else up to shake up the line

So does that mean if Forsberg gets hurt in the playoffs, we can absolve Gagne from any lack of production that would ensue because he doesn't have anyone to play with?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.