HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Germany (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   World Championships Div I (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=236506)

Sanderson 03-30-2006 12:59 PM

World Championships Div I

Germany is starting its pre-tournament program with two games in Hungary next week,

With the DEL-semi-finals starting, lots of players are still missing, but here's the first roster anyway:

Six players will make their debut, the most interesting being Felix Schütz.

T 80 MÜLLER, Robert
T 30 KOTSCHNEW, Dimitrij
V 2 ANCICKA, Martin
V 25 FRANZ, Christian
V 22 BAKOS, Michael
V 33 BADER, Anton
V 43 PETERMANN, Felix
V 76 RETZER, Stephan
V 15 WALTER, Martin
V/S 9 DANIELSMEIER, Collin
S 29 BARTA, Alexander
S 32 MARTINEC, Tomas
S 72 FICAL, Petr
S 47 ULLMANN, Christoph
S 45 WOLF, Michael
S 55 SCHÜTZ, Felix
S 75 KINK, Marcus
S 35 CARCIOLA, Fabio
S 21 WAGINGER, Michael
S 56 POLACZEK, Alexander
S 20 KOFLER, Manuel
S 85 SEIDENBERG, Yannic

MAF 03-30-2006 06:13 PM

The roster is...well, it's only a preliminary roster. I guess, at least 50% or 66% won't make the team for the WCs, since the playoffs are still running and maybe some guys from the NHL will join.

Hellström 03-31-2006 05:06 AM

Yup - at first i´ve been a bit shocked. As much as i like Michael Bakos, he shouldn´t be in there this year. Had an awful season overall.

Anyone got an update on the hungarian roster ? Will Tamas Gröschl play for Hungary ?

Hellström 03-31-2006 05:43 AM

Found the TV broadcasting schedule:

Monday, 24. April, 12.55 Uhr
Germany - Israel

Tuesday, 25. April, 16.25 Uhr
Germany - Japan

Thursday, 27. April, 16.25 Uhr
Germany - Great Britain

Saturday, 29. April, 19.55 Uhr
Germany - Hungary

Sunday, 30. April, 19.55 Uhr
Germany - France

source: www.dsf.de

twelve 04-01-2006 06:07 AM

Quote: Sunday, 30. April, 19.55 Uhr
Germany - France

:jump: :yo: Go Bordeleau!!!! :yo: :jump:

Good luck to team Germany!
(Except against France, cause our topscorer plays there ;) )
I'm sure the German team will win and rise again in the rankings.

Sanderson 04-17-2006 09:03 AM

Some decisions on defense:

Franz, Petermann, Danielsmeier and Köppchen won't be on the German roster.
Kopitz, Renz and Goc join Ancicka, Walter, Retzer, Bakos and Bader for the last two pre-tournament games.

It will be interesting to see who of the last five will remain on the roster, as there are quite a few defensemen joining the team in a few days. Seidenberg and Sulzer are the top two defensemen, they won't be left off the roster. Hördler, Leask and Bazany are the other candidates for a roster spot.

On offense there are quite a few candidates who are playing in the finals right now. Kreutzer, Kathan and Ustorf should make it, but Gawlik and Busch should have a chance as well.
It would be nice to see young guys like Gawlik, Busch, Gogulla or Schütz make the roster.

JVR 04-17-2006 05:47 PM

Surprising that Köppchen didn't make the team.
Even the PREMIERE guys said that he was the best defenseman in the Ingolstadt series.

Great that Seidenberg and Sturm are playing, to be honest I didn't expect it.

Sanderson 04-20-2006 10:18 AM

Seidenberg drops out with an injury. Kathan won't be nominated.

Ustorf, Felski, Hördler, Busch and Gawlik will play in the last pre-tournament game, Kreutzer, Sulzer and Sturm will arrive later.
Talk about an inexperienced forward-core, 8 out of 12 forwards have played 10 or less games for Germany. According to deb-online.de the "first line" for this game will be Gawlik-Schütz-Gogulla who have a combined seven games.

Here are the 28 players currently on the roster, six of them have to be cut for the tournament:

G:
Müller
Greiss

D: (9)
Sulzer
Goc
Kopitz
Renz
Hördler
Bakos
Walter
Bader
Ancicka

F: (17)
Sturm
Ustorf
Lewandowski
Barta
Kreutzer
Boos
Felski
Fical
Ullmann
Busch
Wolf
Y.Seidenberg
Gogulla
Gawlik
Schütz
Waginger
Carciola

Jazz 04-21-2006 02:39 AM

For anyone interested, there is more comprehensive discussion on this tournament here: http://www.internationalhockeygang.o...2&page=1&pp=50

EHCler 04-21-2006 08:58 AM

here is the squad:
Goal:
Robert Müller (Krefeld)
Thomas Greiss (Köln)

Defense:
Michael Bakos (Mannheim)
Sascha Goc (Hannover)
Martin Ancicka (Regensburg)
Andreas Renz (Köln)
Anton Bader (Duisburg)
Frank Hördler (Berlin)
Alexander Sulzer (Düsseldorf)

Forwards:
Sven Felski
Stefan Ustorf
Florian Busch
Christoph Gawlik (all Berlin)
Yannic Seidenberg (Ingolstadt)
Felix Schütz (Saint John/QMJHL)
Marco Sturm (Boston/NHL)
Daniel Kreutzer (Düsseldorf)
Alexander Barta (Hamburg)
Christoph Ullmann (Mannheim)
Petr Fical (Nürnberg)
Tino Boos
Philipp Gogulla (both Köln)

www.hockeyweb.de

Interesting squad, Lets see how they perform

Sanderson 04-21-2006 10:03 AM

Lewandowski wasn't nominated...

On the one hand, it's quite a surprise, as he is easily one of the best German forwards. On the other hand, he hasn't done anything on the international level, always performing way under his level.

Schütz, Gawlik and Gogulla all made the team, nice... :handclap:

Hellström 04-21-2006 10:44 AM

I do worry about the defense and their lack of offensive game. There´s Sulzer and whom ?
Yeah Ancicka, but if Krupp would stick to his guns and let young german talent develop at the international level (like he´s doing with Schütz, Gogulla, etc), then he shouldn´t have nominated Ancicka.

I´m sick and tired of players getting a german passport and playing for the national team. I´m fine with lots of youth on the team but is Ancicka (or Bazany) the right way to help german hockey ?

I agree with most parts of selections (Michael Bakos shouldn´t be in the mix here, too), but although Ancicka might help the team but where is the composition of "young, german talent (let them develop)" and "foreigner, just received a german passport" ?
I´d rather see Köppchen, Walter or Kopitz.
Fical is another example, although he´s played for the german national team here and then.

Dalglish 04-21-2006 01:30 PM

Team Austria - The Squad

Team Austria - The squad:

Goalies:
Reinhard Divis (St. Louis Blues/NHL)
Bernd Brückler (Espoo Blues/FIN)/Gert Prohaska (VSV)

Defenders:
Andre Lakos (Salzburg)
Philippe Lakos (Capitals)
Robert Lukas (Linz)
Thomas Pfeffer (VSV)
Jeremy Rebek (Graz),
Johannes Reichel (KAC)
Mike Stewart (VSV)
Martin Ulrich (Salzburg)

Forwards:
Philippe-Michael Horsky (KAC)
Dieter Kalt (Salzburg)
Roland Kaspitz (VSV)
Thomas Koch (Lulea/SWE)
Markus Peintner (VSV),
Marco Pewal (Salzburg)
David Schuller (KAC)
Jean Selmser (Graz),
Oliver Setzinger (Capitals) :handclap:
Mark Szücs (Linz)
Matthias Trattnig (Salzburg)
Daniel Welser (Skelleftea/SWE)

Sanderson 04-21-2006 01:38 PM

Kopitz is injured and Walter isn't anybody you want to rely on for offense. He has no shot whatsoever and is no great passer either. There was exactly one moment in the whole season where he did an amazing move on offense, the rest of the season it was a big fat nothing.

Goc has a cannon, he should get plenty of PP-time.

Germany didn't produce much even when they had Ehrhoff, Schubert, Seidenberg and Sulzer on the blueline, and those four have good to great offensive instincts. It always seems like Germany has the talent for a successfull powerplay, but plays a tactic which doesn't work. Apart from the first goal against the Czechs during the Olympics, they rarely make use of the great shots which are coming from the defensemen.

SwisshockeyAcademy 04-21-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EHCler
here is the squad:
Goal:
Robert Müller (Krefeld)
Thomas Greiss (Köln)

Defense:
Michael Bakos (Mannheim)
Sascha Goc (Hannover)
Martin Ancicka (Regensburg)
Andreas Renz (Köln)
Anton Bader (Duisburg)
Frank Hördler (Berlin)
Alexander Sulzer (Düsseldorf)

Forwards:
Sven Felski
Stefan Ustorf
Florian Busch
Christoph Gawlik (all Berlin)
Yannic Seidenberg (Ingolstadt)
Felix Schütz (Saint John/QMJHL)
Marco Sturm (Boston/NHL)
Daniel Kreutzer (Düsseldorf)
Alexander Barta (Hamburg)
Christoph Ullmann (Mannheim)
Petr Fical (Nürnberg)
Tino Boos
Philipp Gogulla (both Köln)

www.hockeyweb.de

Interesting squad, Lets see how they perform

Wow, the young guns are in the squad!! Hopefully they get back to where they should be- top flight.

Belizarius 04-21-2006 03:17 PM

Here's France roster vs Poland last night:

Goalie: Fabrice Lhenry.

Defensemen: Nicolas Besch - Baptiste Amar ; Guillaume Karrer - Stéphane Barin ; Simon Bachelet - Jean-François Bonnard.

Forwards: Sébastien Subit - Julien Desrosiers - Maurice Rozenthal ; Julian Marcos - Anthony Mortas - Brice Chauvel ; Luc Tardif Jr - Laurent Meunier - Olivier Coqueux ; Kevin Hecquefeuille.

Backup Eddy Ferhi.

Out: Vincent Bachet (finger), Antoine Lussier (head), François Rozenthal (rest), Laurent Gras (injured TBD), Sebastien Bordeleau (injured), Pierre-Edouard Bellemare (wrist), Cristobal Huet (G, NHL playoffs with Montreal).
Source : http://www.hockeyarchives.info/match...ce-Pologne.htm

SwisshockeyAcademy 04-21-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belizarius
Here's France roster vs Poland last night:

Goalie: Fabrice Lhenry.

Defensemen: Nicolas Besch - Baptiste Amar ; Guillaume Karrer - Stéphane Barin ; Simon Bachelet - Jean-François Bonnard.

Forwards: Sébastien Subit - Julien Desrosiers - Maurice Rozenthal ; Julian Marcos - Anthony Mortas - Brice Chauvel ; Luc Tardif Jr - Laurent Meunier - Olivier Coqueux ; Kevin Hecquefeuille.

Backup Eddy Ferhi.

Out: Vincent Bachet (finger), Antoine Lussier (head), François Rozenthal (rest), Laurent Gras (injured TBD), Sebastien Bordeleau (injured), Pierre-Edouard Bellemare (wrist), Cristobal Huet (G, NHL playoffs with Montreal).
Source : http://www.hockeyarchives.info/match...ce-Pologne.htm

Where is Treille?

Belizarius 04-21-2006 03:50 PM

I forgot him : also injured... :(
Good training camp. 1W vs Austria and 1 loss, a win vs Poland and a tie.
Means a 2-1-1 record in exhibition vs 2 good teams... :)

Hellström 04-21-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanderson
Kopitz is injured and Walter isn't anybody you want to rely on for offense. He has no shot whatsoever and is no great passer either. There was exactly one moment in the whole season where he did an amazing move on offense, the rest of the season it was a big fat nothing.

You mixed something up here.
I had two different points with no direct connection:
Defense lacks offensive touch.
Critizism of the selection of Ancicka.

I do not expect Köppchen, Bakos, Walter or Renz (etc) to join the rush and be an offensive defenseman, but if you`re going with all those youngsters what´s the need for selecting Ancicka ?
Isn´t that the lack of 'support' for the german talent the DEB reminds all the german teams of all year long ? Doesn´t the DEL teams get critized for trying to hand out passport to every player who has slim slim slim german roots ? The DEL teams get critized for bringing 'german foreigners' in and what´s the DEB doing here ? Passing up on many german player to go with Ancicka (and Fical).
Stick to your guns DEB and don´t go out on a limb that often with demands.

Quote:

Goc has a cannon, he should get plenty of PP-time.

Sure - but he lacks precision for years now, although he´s had more luck this year. Overall he hasn´t been a powerplay contributor for years nor does he possess the vision to run a powerplay. I wouldn´t count on his luck for a longer distance - would be like counting on Daniel Kunce, who´s about the same player Goc is (and Kunce has a cannon too) and Kunce has been solid for years, but nothing more. Speaking about the offensive output Kunce has been way more sturdy than Goc (i´m not denying the great year of Goc here, but he´s been everything but not sturdy).

Quote:

Germany didn't produce much even when they had Ehrhoff, Schubert, Seidenberg and Sulzer on the blueline, and those four have good to great offensive instincts. It always seems like Germany has the talent for a successfull powerplay, but plays a tactic which doesn't work. Apart from the first goal against the Czechs during the Olympics, they rarely make use of the great shots which are coming from the defensemen.

Just because Ehrhoff & friends didn´t produce (when they were younger and not that impressing as of late (atleast Sulzer)) means that we´re giving up on an offensive flow from the blueline ?
We shouldn´t care about the talent of running a powerplay, cause obviously we can´t run a powerplay - we´d better care about the tactics and the selection of the players to have a good powerplay instead of having lots of talent for a potential good powerplay.

rbeeler 04-22-2006 10:39 AM

While I am excited that Reindl and Krupp are giving the young forwards (Gawlik, Gogulla, Shuetz) an opportunity, I am slightly confused at the defense selection. What happened to Schauer, Koeppchen and Petermann? Watching Schauer at the olympics, he appeared to hold his own against great competition (Leask was beaten like a rented mule, and Goc had a number of breakdowns).

MAF 04-22-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbeeler
While I am excited that Reindl and Krupp are giving the young forwards (Gawlik, Gogulla, Shuetz) an opportunity, I am slightly confused at the defense selection. What happened to Schauer, Koeppchen and Petermann? Watching Schauer at the olympics, he appeared to hold his own against great competition (Leask was beaten like a rented mule, and Goc had a number of breakdowns).

Pittsburgh fan, eh ?

rbeeler 04-23-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAF
Pittsburgh fan, eh ?

Nah, though I was raised and lived near Washington, which thankfully never brought Leask up to the big club.

I just held my breath every time the opposing team was in Germany's zone with Leask on the ice. He seemed to be out of position quite often. On top of everything, he is a old, imported passport German, taking a spot that could have been given to a youngster (Hoerdler) or another deserving German d-man (Koeppchen).

Maverick41 04-24-2006 07:45 AM

Not a bad start for the young german team 9-0 after 2 Periods against Israel.

But a terrible start in the third, now its 9-2.

Sturm and Fical make it 11-2.

Maverick41 04-24-2006 08:34 AM

The scorers for Germany in the game vs. Israel:

Sasha Goc 1 G 1 A
Alexander Sulzer 0 G 1 A
Tino Boos 1 G 1 A
Anton Bader 2 G 0 A
Christoph Gawlik 2 G 0 A
Daniel Kreutzer 1 G 1 A
Christoph Ullmann 0 G 2 A
Michael Bakos 0 G 1 A
Felix Schütz 0 G 2 A