HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers' most exciting player... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23688)

NJDevs430 10-28-2003 06:39 PM

Rangers' most exciting player...

Hey guys...
I was talking today to one of my friends who's a Rangers fan, and he commented that the Rangers have no exciting players.
Who would you guys say is the most exciting player on your roster right now?
}:-)>

#37-#93-#27* 10-28-2003 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDevs430
Hey guys...
I was talking today to one of my friends who's a Rangers fan, and he commented that the Rangers have no exciting players.
Who would you guys say is the most exciting player on your roster right now?

I would say Leetch and Kovalev are two of the most exciting in the league. If Bure counts he's arguably the most exciting of this era.

DLaCouture39 10-28-2003 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I would say Leetch and Kovalev are two of the most exciting in the league. If Bure counts he's arguably the most exciting of this era.

I think Nedved, Leetch, Kovalev, Poti and Lindros when healthy are the top 5 to watch.

RangersFan 10-28-2003 07:53 PM

Bure if healthy, but as of now Kovalev, and Leetch when he returns...

LeServ 10-28-2003 09:00 PM

Well gosh, I just got back from the game tonight and I would ... have to concur with your friend. For the first time in my life I left before the game ended. I've seen more spark in a bucket of ice. This is just an extraordinarily uninteresting team. (When did Mess cease to be able to hold a pass?) :dunno:

NJDevs430 10-29-2003 06:44 PM

Thanks...I appreciate all the responses.

Shadowrunner 10-30-2003 02:28 AM

Ben Stein.

Bacchus 10-30-2003 07:34 AM

Brian Leetch

Shadowtron 10-30-2003 08:00 AM

Mike Comrie :dazzle:

LiquidClown 10-30-2003 09:33 AM

I'd have to go with Poti. Yes Poti.

Why? He makes the game exciting to watch, all the turnovers, rushes into the offensive zone with no one covering.... poke checking everything in site and creating chances for the OTHER team. He may not make the Rangers exciting but he sure as hell makes the game exciting (Especially if you're a fan of the opposition)

Son of Steinbrenner 10-30-2003 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidClown

Why? He makes the game exciting to watch, all the turnovers, rushes into the offensive zone with no one covering.... poke checking everything in site and creating chances for the OTHER team. He may not make the Rangers exciting but he sure as hell makes the game exciting (Especially if you're a fan of the opposition)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JCProdigy 10-30-2003 09:55 AM

Quote:

That's certainly the case last year but I have to admit that I think his defensive play has improved this year. He's tending to take the body more and has not been caught out of position as much in the past. Case in point the other night where he used his body on an opposing foward, swatted the puck away and then continued to rough him up a little. I was wondering who put a bug up Poti's :moon: . Now if he can continue that kind of play then he's much improved. Whether he does that or not is a whole other can of worms.

True Blue 10-30-2003 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCProdigy
I was wondering who put a bug up Poti's :moon: . Now if he can continue that kind of play then he's much improved. Whether he does that or not is a whole other can of worms.

Agreed. I have no idea who the guy wearing #3 was the other night, but it was certainly NOT the Poti we've come to know and loathe. Not only did he rough up somebody behind the Rangers net, but he also threw a pretty good hit into a Ducks player who was rushing into the zone along the boards. The type of hit that we are still waiting for Kasper to deliver.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-30-2003 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Agreed. I have no idea who the guy wearing #3 was the other night, but it was certainly NOT the Poti we've come to know and loathe. Not only did he rough up somebody behind the Rangers net, but he also threw a pretty good hit into a Ducks player who was rushing into the zone along the boards. The type of hit that we are still waiting for Kasper to deliver.

Yeah. And I hear he's a game time decision because of it. ;)

LiquidClown 10-30-2003 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCProdigy
That's certainly the case last year but I have to admit that I think his defensive play has improved this year. He's tending to take the body more and has not been caught out of position as much in the past. Case in point the other night where he used his body on an opposing foward, swatted the puck away and then continued to rough him up a little. I was wondering who put a bug up Poti's :moon: . Now if he can continue that kind of play then he's much improved. Whether he does that or not is a whole other can of worms.

Oh I know I'm just busting his balls, he's done a decent job so far this year, as should be noted by the LACK of threads, topics on his play. I hope he develops into a poor man's leetch or something of that sort, someone that can play a good offensive role from the defense but also be at least responsible on defensive side of things. I did see that hit on the ducks player, my mouth was wide open and i had to clear my eyes.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-30-2003 10:28 AM

Quote:

Oh I know I'm just busting his balls, he's done a decent job so far this year, as should be noted by the LACK of threads, topics on his play. I hope he develops into a poor man's leetch or something of that sort, someone that can play a good offensive role from the defense but also be at least responsible on defensive side of things. I did see that hit on the ducks player, my mouth was wide open and i had to clear my eyes.

50 years from now, they'll still be writing songs about that hit.