HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Finally! Sather calls up some youth!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23704)

Brooklyn Ranger 10-28-2003 07:36 PM

Finally! Sather calls up some youth!!!

Pascal Rheaume has joined the Legion of the hurt by spraining his MCL (I wonder if the fact he started playing without the benefit of training camp or a period of conditioning contributed to the injury) and will be out 2-4 weeks. Chad Wiseman was recalled to take his place (from NYT, Jason Diamos 10/20/2003).

I guess we now have a kid line!?

#37-#93-#27* 10-28-2003 07:40 PM

majicpixie will be happy

:handclap:

majicpixie 10-28-2003 10:18 PM

Good Luck, Chad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
:handclap:

I just read the awesome news! That's so great! I wish Chad a lot of luck and I hope he does well!

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Now, let's hope he gets the ice-time to prove himself!

ihatenewjersey 10-29-2003 01:56 AM

lac-wiseman-lundmark, smells like 3 minutes of ice time to me

Son of Steinbrenner 10-29-2003 04:06 AM

well lundmark and lacoutuoure have been by far the 2 worst players on the team this season. if they get three minutes of ice time they deserve it.

Davisian 10-29-2003 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
well lundmark and lacoutuoure have been by far the 2 worst players on the team this season. if they get three minutes of ice time they deserve it.

Are you actually suggesting with a straight face that they've deserved less time over Hlavac, Ruchinsky, Carter, hell even Holik and Messier????

We get it already Jar Jar, you're resume is on file in the Rangers PR office, expect a call shortly..

Son of Steinbrenner 10-29-2003 04:37 AM

lundmark deserves more ice time than hlavac thats it! how has lundmark looked to you guys? i understand you want to see a young player shine and i do as well but when the young player has looked awful than what? you cant say he is getting shafted with ice time because he was put on the lindros line. i think when lindros comes back lundmark will be playing with him and getting major minutes again. but as for now messiers line is the second best line we have. they look great

Lundyfan 10-29-2003 04:41 AM

Oh great, if Messier's line is the best one on the ice then the Rangers are in more trouble than I thought. How anyone could say Lundmark is worse than Ruchinsky and Hlavac amazes me. WHAT have either one of them done? I swear I haven't even HEARD Hlavac's name mentioned since the season started.

Davisian 10-29-2003 04:42 AM

Quote:

lundmark deserves more ice time than hlavac thats it! how has lundmark looked to you guys? i understand you want to see a young player shine and i do as well but when the young player has looked awful than what? you cant say he is getting shafted with ice time because he was put on the lindros line. i think when lindros comes back lundmark will be playing with him and getting major minutes again. but as for now messiers line is the second best line we have. they look great

No, Lundmark has not "shined" but he's played very solid in his own end and has looked like he's trying to find offense once his defensive assignments are taken care of..

I call that a smart player who deserves more time to find a rhythm.. Nobody's making him out to be a star, but he absolutely deserves more time, and as long as he keeps up his defensive play, then the team is better with him out there more than Hlavac, Rosie and Carter..

33teddy33 10-29-2003 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Pascal Rheaume has joined the Legion of the hurt by spraining his MCL (I wonder if the fact he started playing without the benefit of training camp or a period of conditioning contributed to the injury) and will be out 2-4 weeks. Chad Wiseman was recalled to take his place (from NYT, Jason Diamos 10/20/2003).

I guess we now have a kid line!?

About time he does that. Some hunger. Seems all the "star players" just can't get it together. Might as well go with some young/hungry players who want to be there! Its one thing to be "honored" to wear the NYR jersey, its another to deserve to wear it! Screw the old guys. LOL!

Bluenote13 10-29-2003 05:26 AM

Quote:

"Oh Jar Jar, everyone hates you but me" -Comic Book Guy

;)

Fletch 10-29-2003 05:58 AM

A kid line?

now that's absurb...how 'bout the Rangers sign Graves and have a Graves-Messier-Kovalev line. Bet nobody's thought of that...

I hope Wiseman gets some play. I am very intersted in seeing his game.

DLaCouture39 10-29-2003 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
now that's absurb...how 'bout the Rangers sign Graves and have a Graves-Messier-Kovalev line. Bet nobody's thought of that...

I hope Wiseman gets some play. I am very intersted in seeing his game.

Im shocked Sather did not call up Paul Healey.

Son of Steinbrenner 10-29-2003 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
"Oh Jar Jar, everyone hates you but me" -Comic Book Guy

;)

everybody can hate me i dont care. what im going through on a day to day basis posting here is one of the few good things in my life.

i love the rangers but i think lundmark isnt playing that well and messier is. thats my point

Lundyfan 10-29-2003 06:04 AM

Actually I'm shocked Slats didn't call up Ken Gernander. He and Mess would get along great.

Larry Melnyk 10-29-2003 06:27 AM

Not that it's needed, but here's my take....

Rheume getting hurt was the best thing about last night..But what do you expect when you throw a guy out on the ice who is out of shape, unconditioned, and was just handed a job? Recalling Wiseman is what should have been done in the first place (letting Rheume work out the kinks in Hartford)..Just hope the injury is longer then 2-4 weeks..:)...

As for Lundmark and the LWs..I love Lundmark, but don't think he has done much at all for the Rangers , especially since his line-up yo-yo started..But he has been no worse then the veteran pieces of fecal matter named Jan Hlavac and Martin Rucinsky..These guys add absolutley zilch to the team, but what do you expect with sloppy thirds......

What I would do is give lundmark one more shot by putting his darting speed on the wing of Nedved and Kovalev and see what happens---It can't be worse, right?..Hlavac has done zilch and almost looks like Brent Fedyk out there.....It doesn't work, send him down to Hartford where, all things considered, he might be better off..

Move Hlavac and Rucinsky down the line-up somewhere, or even let them take a seat and reflect on their performance and pitiful production..

Son of Steinbrenner 10-29-2003 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Not that it's needed, but here's my take....

Rheume getting hurt was the best thing about last night..But what do you expect when you throw a guy out on the ice who is out of shape, unconditioned, and was just handed a job? Recalling Wiseman is what should have been done in the first place (letting Rheume work out the kinks in Hartford)..Just hope the injury is longer then 2-4 weeks..:)...

As for Lundmark and the LWs..I love Lundmark, but don't think he has done much at all for the Rangers , especially since his line-up yo-yo started..But he has been no worse then the veteran pieces of fecal matter named Jan Hlavac and Martin Rucinsky..These guys add absolutley zilch to the team, but what do you expect with sloppy thirds......

What I would do is give lundmark one more shot by putting his darting speed on the wing of Nedved and Kovalev and see what happens---It can't be worse, right?..Hlavac has done zilch and almost looks like Brent Fedyk out there.....It doesn't work, send him down to Hartford where, all things considered, he might be better off..

Move Hlavac and Rucinsky down the line-up somewhere, or even let them take a seat and reflect on their performance and pitiful production..

larry you and i agree on something. just a word or warning when you say lundmark hasnt been playing well on these boards. you bound to get flamed

Fletch 10-29-2003 07:36 AM

I don't think anybody's been praising...

lundmark's play to date. I do believe many have said it's improved, which is more than you can say for a couple other left wingers and thus the question as to why Jamie isn't getting a shot in an offensive role on a team that is struggling mightily to score.

Larry Melnyk 10-29-2003 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
lundmark's play to date. I do believe many have said it's improved, which is more than you can say for a couple other left wingers and thus the question as to why Jamie isn't getting a shot in an offensive role on a team that is struggling mightily to score.

I agree, especially when compared to the veteran dregs, and why I suggested a Lundie-Nedved-AK27 try-out....Because while I don't think Lundmark has been any grerat shakes, the way Sather has handled him has been wrong and the kid has never really been put in the best position to suceed..Give it to him already!

Barnaby 10-29-2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I agree, especially when compared to the veteran dregs, and why I suggested a Lundie-Nedved-AK27 try-out....Because while I don't think Lundmark has been any grerat shakes, the way Sather has handled him has been wrong and the kid has never really been put in the best position to suceed..Give it to him already!

They had him with Lindros and he'll likely be back there when Lindros is okay, but how about this? Lundmark EARNS ice time. He's made almost no impact. I think putting him with Lindros is the right move, but you guys act like Lundmark is like Heatly..... guess I can understand it tho with him being our lone young player....

True Blue 10-29-2003 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
but how about this? Lundmark EARNS ice time. He's made almost no impact. I think putting him with Lindros is the right move, but you guys act like Lundmark is like Heatly..... guess I can understand it tho with him being our lone young player....

How exactly is Lundmark supposed to earn his ice time? If you mean by playing hard, skating hard, and playing well defensively, then hasn't he done that? If you mean by showing up on the score sheet, isn't that a little hard to do when you linemates are Lacoutre & Rheuame. Nobody short of TGO & Lemieux would be able to create offense with those 2 as linemates. He got a little over 1 period with Lindros as his center. Again I ask you, don't you think that there a reason that when Drury, Hejduk, and Tanguy came up that they played with either Sakic or Forsberg? Isn't there a reason that Detroit had Datsyuk and Zettenberg play with Yzerman, Shanahan, Hull, & Federov when they started? Philly had Justin Williams play with Prims. Gomez did not languish on the 4th line. Heck, while Heatly did not have a great player, he still managed to play w/ Kovulchuk in his first year and with Savard and Kozlov in his second. Who does Jaime get to play with to EARN his ice time? Rheuame and Lacoutre. Lots of luck making offensive contributions with those linemates.

Larry Melnyk 10-29-2003 11:54 AM

Quote:

They had him with Lindros and he'll likely be back there when Lindros is okay, but how about this? Lundmark EARNS ice time. He's made almost no impact. I think putting him with Lindros is the right move, but you guys act like Lundmark is like Heatly..... guess I can understand it tho with him being our lone young player....

One other question is that EARNING ICE TIME like the worthless Rucinsky, Hlavac, Carter, lacouture, Rheaume...All 5 were handed jobs, all 5 are also zeroes..

Barnaby 10-29-2003 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
How exactly is Lundmark supposed to earn his ice time? If you mean by playing hard, skating hard, and playing well defensively, then hasn't he done that? If you mean by showing up on the score sheet, isn't that a little hard to do when you linemates are Lacoutre & Rheuame. Nobody short of TGO & Lemieux would be able to create offense with those 2 as linemates. He got a little over 1 period with Lindros as his center. Again I ask you, don't you think that there a reason that when Drury, Hejduk, and Tanguy came up that they played with either Sakic or Forsberg? Isn't there a reason that Detroit had Datsyuk and Zettenberg play with Yzerman, Shanahan, Hull, & Federov when they started? Philly had Justin Williams play with Prims. Gomez did not languish on the 4th line. Heck, while Heatly did not have a great player, he still managed to play w/ Kovulchuk in his first year and with Savard and Kozlov in his second. Who does Jaime get to play with to EARN his ice time? Rheuame and Lacoutre. Lots of luck making offensive contributions with those linemates.

Like I said... Put him with Eric. My point is that everyone acts like this kid is Heatly or Gaborik... I guess I'm the only one missing is stellar play thus far. If he does nothing with Eric then try something different. What about his time with Holik? Lets see him play well eough when hes on the ice so that Sather cant afford to play him with D-LAC and Rheaume... throw some hits.. take some shots... I'm not talking aout a Hat-Trick.

Son of Steinbrenner 10-29-2003 12:18 PM

why not put kovalev with lindros and lundmark with nedved and hlavac?

True Blue 10-29-2003 12:30 PM

Quote:

Like I said... Put him with Eric. My point is that everyone acts like this kid is Heatly or Gaborik... I guess I'm the only one missing is stellar play thus far. If he does nothing with Eric then try something different. What about his time with Holik? Lets see him play well eough when hes on the ice so that Sather cant afford to play him with D-LAC and Rheaume... throw some hits.. take some shots... I'm not talking aout a Hat-Trick.

Throw some hits? How may hits did Hedjuk throw to skate with Sakic? How about Tanguy? Maybe I missed all the physical play that Datsyuk or Zettenberg obviously had that forced Detroit to play them with top 2 line players.
Take some shots? That involves offense, and again I challenge you to come up with ANY player that can come up with an offensive game when your linemates are Lacoutre and Rheueme. Unless you suddenly think that Jaime is a Jagr type who can just instantly create offense. Put him with Lindros? They did. It lasted for a little over 1 period. Put him with Holik? Whom did Jackass tab as going to that line? Rucinksy, who obvioulsy has been throwing his body around and creating shots.