HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   McKeenshockey: Strange Happenings in Detroit and Elsewhere! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23731)

sparkle twin 10-28-2003 11:55 PM

McKeenshockey: Strange Happenings in Detroit and Elsewhere!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher

rumour pretty sure you won't like it open at your own risk

edit- maybe more like stupid speculation, makes sense [size=0.4]kinda[/size] but would be very very disappointed if Nashville went threw with it

This was from FacelessButcher (obviously) but I thought it deserved it's own thread!

I don't understand why we would go out and get Cujo when Vokoun is our #1 guy. Would Cujo be our backup? What would that do to Vokoun? :confused:

Hmm, now I'm scared. :dunno:

edit: Click the link in the quote!

V for Voodoo 10-29-2003 12:14 AM

LOL. Oh Where to start?

1. Vokoun is playing at an elite level. Screw Cujo he is not required and will -not- make Nashville a better team

2. Cujo could have been had for FREE and the Preds passed on him, TWICE.But now he costs Upshall, or anything for that matter? Nah

messy_eh 10-29-2003 03:59 AM

before you crucify me

before you crucify me since i wrote the original post on McKeen's, the trade proposals are more for illustrations than actual rumors. My post was merely pointing out some "interesting coincidences" and I even made on one of the other boards as an "inside source" there could be just a 2 team trade either way. so look at the proposal as more of a guide line than an actual proposal. But as far as Cujo coming to Nashville it would be more for Public perception than for necesity. the smart hockey fan realizes Vokun is doing a good job and the upgrade Cujo brings doesn't warrant a trade. But the problem is that smart hockey fans are only buying 6 000 of the 18,000 seats ( numbers just to illustrate my point) and they need to get the average fan or the new fan to buy tickets and the things that sell tickets are Big names, New found excitement, winning and scoring goals. Cujo can bring 3 of the 4 and that starts in the dressing room. Comrie could bring the other. the other possability is that there might be a team looking for a cheaper goalie like vokun and the preds could do another seperate deal (mmmm Washington if Kolzig is dealt as rumored) I am sure if the Preds did aquire Cujo they wouldn't be paying all 16 million. But the more they pay the less they would have to give up. just thought i would give you a chance to blast me personally rather than behind my back, take care.....

triggrman 10-29-2003 05:21 AM

No offense Canuck but Vokounís name in Nashville is bigger than Cujoís and I'd love to know where we all the sudden got this extra money, we just let Skrastins go because he wanted 1.2M a season, now we're going to downgrade our goalie but increase the payroll, that's insane and even the non-hockey fan would see right through that. If we had a little money we would have a goal scorer, not another goalie.

V for Voodoo 10-29-2003 05:36 AM

crucify... martyr?

Quote:

just thought i would give you a chance to blast me personally rather than behind my back, take care.....
i didn't attack you personally, i attacked the silly proposal.
your theories are really fun and somewhat interesting, but it is illogical in nearly every way

messy_eh 10-30-2003 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
i didn't attack you personally, i attacked the silly proposal.
your theories are really fun and somewhat interesting, but it is illogical in nearly every way

I wasn't talking about anybody in perticular just posters in general will often flame or ridicule a poster. And i would rather argue points in a productive way and give you (or anyone) a chance to debate points. that is why I posted here so anyone could respond that wanted to. Like i said in the original post that this could merely be a coincedence (and in all likelyhood is) but was just to ponder. And in response to Triggerman I won't pretend to know what the general public believes in Nashville but this was just speculation, and I got the money based on some posts i have read here and elsewhere. I do know that nashville has been having attendance problems and A guy like Comrie could be exciting to watch. And Stranger things have happened Toronto signed Cujo when they had an already succesful (somewhat) Felix Potvin that way they could trade Potvin for Bryan Berard. and if it wasn't for the Eye injury that could have been a briliant move. Maybe a team would be interested in Vokun for another scoring player. and if detroit ate about half of Cujo's salary it could be intriguing. But that's just my opinion. Take care.....

gopreds98 10-30-2003 06:05 AM

Hey Canuck, thanks for posting!

Your theory is interesting and makes for good discussion fodder, but to echo the others, the real problem is that from our perspective, trading Vokoun makes little sense. He's cheap (relatively), playing at or near the elite level, and he's still young. And that may be the biggest reason in my mind why we don't bring in Cujo.....his age. How many more years does he really have? And now that we've more or less dumped Lasak, our goaltender of the future is Brian Finley, who I suspect needs another 4-5 years before he's ready to be a number 1.

The Comrie deal seems much more likely, because our team's problem continues to be scoring. And the team has some money to spend....not lots but some. What they can't do is fall into another early season slump where we rattle off 10 consecutive losses. Our season would be sunk then. I think management realizes that they may have to do *something*, even if just to make the fans think they're trying to be competitive while they wait out the CBA.

Here's food for thought: in your three way trade, what if the team that's interested in Cujo isn't Nashville, but Edmonton? Wouldn't that be something to talk about? :)

Slats432 10-30-2003 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds98

Here's food for thought: in your three way trade, what if the team that's interested in Cujo isn't Nashville, but Edmonton? Wouldn't that be something to talk about? :)

If there is a hockey god there is no chance that Curtis Joseph ever comes back here.

messy_eh 10-31-2003 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds98
Hey Canuck, thanks for posting!

I can't see the oilers going back there again. But i could see Vokun interesting them if they had a market for salo, to be honest a young guy like Finley might interest them more. But I would expect a guy like Hurme would be more to there liking, I think Atlanta could have the inside track on comrie. and it might take somthing a little over the top for Nashville to get the player they want and need Comrie. But i will drop the Cujo the pred idea i seem to think the preds were sending a message to the wings about them bieng selected to showcase Cujo, and Good on you guys, you won't beat Detroit at thier game so you made them play your game. I am waiting to see highlights Stevie Y 34 minutes in penalties!!!! don't let it be said the preds can't get under your skin. was Tootoo a big part. I liked him in the world jr's and i love that s**t disturbing super pest type guy and i think Tootoo will be one of the better ones, Not as good as Matt Cooke but good :bow: I still am impressed with the preds take care.....

TomHBlain 11-01-2003 03:07 PM

Quote:

LOL. Oh Where to start?

1. Vokoun is playing at an elite level. Screw Cujo he is not required and will -not- make Nashville a better team

Agreed. Vokoun > Cujo at this point. As a Wings fan, I dont see a reason for Nashville to covet Cujo.

Quote:

2. Cujo could have been had for FREE and the Preds passed on him, TWICE.But now he costs Upshall, or anything for that matter? Nah

IF the preds wanted him, Cujo could be had for "FREE" (meaning 8 million per) or they could "pay" for him (prospects+ wings take half of Cujo's remaning deal). Notice the difference? I am not saying one way is better than the other, but any team that wants CUJO will have to pay in prospects (not necessarily as good as upshall) to get his salary paid for.

WuRtZLeSs 11-03-2003 04:42 PM

I also like how Nashville is referred to as the Thrashers in the beginning, thatís good stuff :joker:

barrytrotzsneck 11-03-2003 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
I also like how Nashville is referred to as the Thrashers in the beginning, thatís good stuff :joker:

believe me, we're used to it.

Enoch 11-03-2003 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomHBlain
IF the preds wanted him, Cujo could be had for "FREE" (meaning 8 million per) or they could "pay" for him (prospects+ wings take half of Cujo's remaning deal). Notice the difference? I am not saying one way is better than the other, but any team that wants CUJO will have to pay in prospects (not necessarily as good as upshall) to get his salary paid for.

I'm going to disagree here. Hasek has already said that Cujo's precense makes him uneasy and he wants him gone. Besides that, no one really wants him. Holland is dying to get rid of him. If he gets moved, it will be for very little regardless of salary being paid.

SmokeyClause 11-04-2003 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
I'm going to disagree here. Hasek has already said that Cujo's precense makes him uneasy and he wants him gone. Besides that, no one really wants him. Holland is dying to get rid of him. If he gets moved, it will be for very little regardless of salary being paid.

I agree, no team is going to do Detroit a favor by taking Cujo and then give them prospects. I wouldn't be suprised if Holland would eat 4 mil of Cujo's salary and accept nothing but future considerations in return.

I love watching them squirm. Holland has the easiest job this side of Cashman and the Yankees. It's only poetic justice that his free spending ways have bitten him in the ass.