HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Stirling (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23736)

can_m_2001 10-29-2003 02:47 AM

Stirling

I watch the Islanders from the start of the season, and the new system is a approvement from last year. Stirling did his homework and right from the start showed the team he was in charge and this is how we are going to play.

This is a great system if you can get a early lead. Now our power play sucks big time, but he doesn't seem to want to change the power play line up witch are our first two lines. Yesterday when playing NJ the fans were booing the power play and the way we were playing. Stirling is quick to change the 3-4 th line but not the first two.

From what I hear and see, Stirling is a little afraid of the players on the first two lines, intimidated maybe? examples: I never saw Peca-Parish and Papineau once this year. what does he have to lose if the power play suck already, or put Bergeinhen with Yashin and kavasha or last game when Hunter was Hot or that line was hot, take a chance and put the line on the PP.

Maybe he's a little scare to try things with the player on the two first lines, I hope he doesn't scare himself out of a coaching job.

Dale 10-29-2003 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by can_m_2001

From what I hear and see, Stirling is a little afraid of the players on the first two lines, intimidated maybe? examples: I never saw Peca-Parish and Papineau once this year. what does he have to lose if the power play suck already, or put Bergeinhen with Yashin and kavasha or last game when Hunter was Hot or that line was hot, take a chance and put the line on the PP.

Maybe he's a little scare to try things with the player on the two first lines, I hope he doesn't scare himself out of a coaching job.

Maybe that's why Aucoin and Hamrlik are the only two D that see any real PP time? Very odd and must be irritating to the other dmen.

CREW99AW 10-30-2003 02:53 AM

can-m

I think Sterling's got a 1 yr deal.He needs to win.I don't think he's playing favorites,worried about being liked.At 50- something he must realize this will be his best/only chance to headcoach in the nhl.

Sterling and MM have a 25- 30 yr friendship.Last yr MM basically told Peca to shut up and do his job.Are you saying Sterling's kowtowing to Peca, so that Peca doesn't go running to tattle to the gm?

Parrish who the nyi have been shopping on an off the last yr intimidates Sterling?

Chow(8 goals in 9 games), who's been on waivers twice in the last yr and who's furiously playing for his nhl career, intimidates Sterling?

Easy going Kvasha who's off to the best start of his career intimidates Sterling?

:shakehead

btw,Chow leads the team with 8 goals.He's making an effort in both ends of the ice.What kind of message does demoting him for a 19 yr old rookie with 1-2 goals,send to Chow?Play hard and get demoted to a lesser line?