HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Deader/Miller/Norstrom/Cammy Update (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23835)

kingbrath 10-29-2003 10:47 AM

Deader/Miller/Norstrom/Cammy Update

Deader is taking part in more vigorous practices
Miller & Norstrom should be ready for the Nucks on Thursday
Cammy is ready to go!!
get healthy and stay healthy dammit!!!!!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

agentfouser 10-29-2003 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brath
Deader is taking part in more vigorous practices
Miller & Norstrom should be ready for the Nucks on Thursday
Cammy is ready to go!!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

so where does everyone think that cammalleri will be worked into the lineup? whose spot will he take? my guess is brennan's, but whether he'll get prime icetime i'm not so sure.

Old Hickory 10-29-2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentfouser
so where does everyone think that cammalleri will be worked into the lineup? whose spot will he take? my guess is brennan's, but whether he'll get prime icetime i'm not so sure.

My guess would be Sims/Pirnes.

Scottkmlps 10-29-2003 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brath

Oh man, you had to say that now didn't you?

IGM 10-29-2003 12:55 PM

I think he will be the top line center. Why not, let stympy go back to number two and put the Frolov Stympy Palffy line together and LEAVE THEM ALONE. Let the Kid build some more time with those guys and we will see dividends.

Luc/Cammo/Brown,Klatt. Alternate Army in with Cammo and Klatt for Brown once in awhile and let Ebell center a line with Klatt and Palffy for his double shift line. Good God could you imagine how great it would be to get Cammo AND Deader back along with Milsy and Matty? I would crap myself.

Frolov 6'3 10-29-2003 01:08 PM

Seriously, some people are so wrong about Cammalleri and his potential. He's has all the tools to be a regular 20+ goalscorer in the NHL.

wabwat 10-29-2003 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3
Seriously, some people are so wrong about Cammalleri and his potential. He's has all the tools to be a regular 20+ goalscorer in the NHL.

yeah, and that kid Luc Robitaille will never skate regularly in the NHL!

*cough* Hall Of Fame *cough*

mark my words... whether Cammy plays in L.A. or elsewhere... his heart alone already outweighs the narrow skill edge Comrie has on him. and that's who he's always been compared with.

LuckyLUC20 10-29-2003 05:54 PM

I'm going to sleep better tonight knowing Matty and Miller are going to be back.

I'm glad Deader is practicing hard again... hopefully he won't have anymore relapses. I'll be praying for him. Come back soon, Deader!!

Also, I'm glad to hear Cammy is ready to go! Go Cammy!

agentfouser 10-29-2003 06:34 PM

wasn't a line of robitaille/armstrong/cammalleri playing well in preseason (so long ago)?

how about:
robitaille/armstrong/cammalleri
palffy/stumpel/klatt
avery/belanger/lapperierre
frolov/pirnes/brown

actually i'd be pretty surprised if cammalleri got first line ice right away; that spot may be up for whoever of frolov, brown or cammalleri is playing best.

kingbrath 10-30-2003 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarface
Cammalleri beats Comrie anyday when you compare heart. MC is a gutsy player and i agree with you that guy will be one helluva player some day.

Edit: Not a troll, just a fan of some Kings players.

I think when using initials you should make sure that the names arent the same (MC=Mike Comrie, Mike Cammalleri)
although i am pretty sure you were talking about cammo, in which case i totally agree :D

MOOSE55 10-30-2003 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentfouser
wasn't a line of robitaille/armstrong/cammalleri playing well in preseason (so long ago)?

how about:
robitaille/armstrong/cammalleri
palffy/stumpel/klatt
avery/belanger/lapperierre
frolov/pirnes/brown

actually i'd be pretty surprised if cammalleri got first line ice right away; that spot may be up for whoever of frolov, brown or cammalleri is playing best.

I disagree with these lines, I think Frolov should be on the top 2 lines.

IGM 10-30-2003 07:16 AM

Me too. Either Frolov is on teh top two lines or he should be dealt. (I wouldn't deal him as I think that once the lines get back to regular and he can get the protection that he needs by playing on the second line with Stumple and Palffy that he will only get better and suprise us all.

Mr Sakich 10-30-2003 07:30 AM

you guys are completely wrong when it comes to comrie. Here are the facts:

1 he was born rich. He had all sorts of options including harvard, taking over dad's business, or just being a rich euro bum. Instead, he makes the NHL as a 5'9" player. He has always been the "little" guy on the team and has had to fight for everything.

Doug weight gets traded and, after 42 games, comrie is forced into a 1st line centre role in his hometown and in front of his friends and family. Most kids would have crumbled under the pressure but he outscores weight by 12 points that year.

2 In his first full year, he had 33 goals (8th highest for nhl centres) and 60 points. In his second full year, he was on pace for 68 points when he broke his arm. That would have him finsih ahead of guys like gaborik, yashin, and selane who all played 81/82 games.

I don't know a lot about cammerilli but if his "skill set" is close to that level, then you better hang on to him.

agentfouser 10-30-2003 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGM
Me too. Either Frolov is on teh top two lines or he should be dealt. (I wouldn't deal him as I think that once the lines get back to regular and he can get the protection that he needs by playing on the second line with Stumple and Palffy that he will only get better and suprise us all.

has he been playing well enough to earn a spot on the top two lines? i think at times yes, but certainly not consistantly. and what about brown? that's a kid who needs playing time and who has been effective more consistantly. should frolov get good icetime ahead of him?

as for the "play him on the top tw o lines or trade him," relax. he's not a hot potato.

IGM 10-30-2003 06:35 PM

I know. Its just that I am trying to make the point that he isn't a guy that you want on your third line as an energy guy. It was more of a statement about how quickly AM likes to yank people from the top six than anything else.

God forbid he just leave Frolov alone to play with Stympy and Ziggy for the entire season. If he would Frolov would get his share of goals and assists. I just mean to make the point that if you aren't going to use him as the talented forward that he is then why not move him to a team like Pitts for say Straka and Kraft. I bet a deal of Frolov and a fifth would get the job done.

I for one though wouldn't deal the kid. He is young and when given the stability and consistancy that he is due he always seems to play really well. AM isn't good at coaching his young talent but that is my one area that I don't like his style so I wouldn't really do anything about it.

By the way, Do you know when Deader and Ally are coming back?

I have decided to end every post of mine with that question for the rest of my life. It is my own form of protest against the vapid "Kings fans" who are too lame to take the time to look for themselves are actually listen to what our team has to say.

I know its a different subject but I had to get on the soap box as I am on my way to the game and won't post until afterwards. Late tonite.

agentfouser 10-31-2003 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGM
I know. Its just that I am trying to make the point that he isn't a guy that you want on your third line as an energy guy. It was more of a statement about how quickly AM likes to yank people from the top six than anything else.

i'm picking up what you're putting down. he's not an energy or checking type guy much, if at all.

but still, as much as i hate to say it, frolov has been showing a lack of assertiveness at times this season. if reducing his icetime gets him to play harder, and i won't disagree.

as for trading frolov, there is no way i would trade him for straka at all. because: frolov has so far demonstrated that he can play at least 78 games in a season. he's been durable so far, and as that is now what i feel should be the primary quality the los angeles kings look for in players, he stays. aulin for straka? done.

and lastly, in response to your question about deadmarsh and allison, i'm going to adopt a mindlessly optimistic stance:
"i expect them both back VERY soon!"