HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Comrie (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23851)

Advocate 10-29-2003 10:42 AM

Comrie

I posted this on the Oilers board and was looking for a Minni perspective.

Comrie + Dvorak for Gaborik.

Thoughts????

Dan-o 10-29-2003 11:28 AM

Well, is Comrie's attitude as bad as everybody seems to think it is? The guy's talented, but I doubt very much that he'll ever have a comparable effect as Gaborik. And we'd have two very small centers on our top-2 lines. So the big question is: Does Dvorak make up the difference. Frankly, I'm not sure. I liked what I saw of Dvorak in Edm. after the trade. I did not like what I saw in N.Y. before the trade. Based on his past, I would not be inclined to make that deal. Seems a bit too risky to me.

How about Comrie and Isbister

for

Gaborik and a mid-round pick.

I don't do these very often. Would that be close value-wise?

theo6060 10-29-2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan-o
Well, is Comrie's attitude as bad as everybody seems to think it is?

If Comrie has an attitude, what about Gaborik? It could very well be close to the same. Gaborik's asking for a lot of money and maybe it's just ego, but I get the impression Gaborik may be developing a bit of an attitude with the holdout continuing. ie) his contract demands.

s7ark 10-29-2003 12:27 PM

Comrie is actually a really good kid and a FIERCE competitor on the ice. He plays about 6 inches bigger then he is. Remember he dropped gloves with Kovalchuk last year, check out the size difference. As an Oiler fan, I would really prefer to keep him, but he wants to play somewhere he didn't grow up. So as to not live in a fishbowl. The attitude thing is totally wrong, just ask his teammates, Smyth and Laraque have nothing but nice things to say. If you guys get him you'll love him, I promise.

And are you sure you want Isbister over Dvorak? Dvorak is better defensively and is faster too. But if you want Isbister that would be fine too. To have a top line of Gaborik - Smyth - Hemsky I would sacrifice either player.

I actually think this trade would really help both teams.

Dan-o 10-29-2003 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7ark
Comrie is actually a really good kid and a FIERCE competitor on the ice. He plays about 6 inches bigger then he is. Remember he dropped gloves with Kovalchuk last year, check out the size difference. As an Oiler fan, I would really prefer to keep him, but he wants to play somewhere he didn't grow up. So as to not live in a fishbowl. The attitude thing is totally wrong, just ask his teammates, Smyth and Laraque have nothing but nice things to say. If you guys get him you'll love him, I promise.

Okay, I was about to ask whether my impressions were wrong, right up to when I read this post. I've been under the impression for the past 2-3 years that Comrie was a selfish, me-first player on the ice, virtually uncoachable and unable to take criticism, even if it was meant to help his game. I knew how competitive he was, but I never thought he channeled it properly. Maybe my perceptions of Comrie have been completely inaccurate. Any other opinions about Comrie's on-ice attitude, or lack thereof.

fuhr 10-29-2003 01:15 PM

Comrie's attitude throughout this ordeal has been pathetic but other than that i have no complaints with him. He's a tough kid and i also feel he has always had a good attitude on and off the ice with his teammates and he's always been a team guy. Some fans here are starting to look at Mike being a baby now and confusing that with what he has brought this team on the ice...which was hard work and a lot of points. I'd also like to keep him here but if he wants out than why keep him? The problem with Gaborik is he wouldn't sign here,correct? While i think Gaborik will be a great player in this league for a long time,i don't think he's in the same class as Kovalchuk,Heatly,Havlat,Hossa type players. At $3-$4 million the Oilers could do it but not much more.

Colorado_Starsfan 10-29-2003 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuhr
Comrie's attitude throughout this ordeal has been pathetic but other than that i have no complaints with him. He's a tough kid and i also feel he has always had a good attitude on and off the ice with his teammates and he's always been a team guy. Some fans here are starting to look at Mike being a baby now and confusing that with what he has brought this team on the ice...which was hard work and a lot of points. I'd also like to keep him here but if he wants out than why keep him? The problem with Gaborik is he wouldn't sign here,correct? While i think Gaborik will be a great player in this league for a long time,i don't think he's in the same class as Kovalchuk,Heatly,Havlat,Hossa type players. At $3-$4 million the Oilers could do it but not much more.

If the Oilers can't pay Comrie, they certainly can't afford Gaborik either

Dan-o 10-29-2003 05:02 PM

Well if you figure that Edm. would lose Dvorak or Isbister's salary as well, they could probably find enough.