HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   make your rangers trade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23855)

Son of Steinbrenner 10-29-2003 12:09 PM

make your rangers trade

here are a few of my ideas

poti to calgary for gautier

lampman and lundmark to edmonton for comrie
(flame away on this one but comrie has big time talent.)

sign gaborik and give up the 5 first round picks.

i know none of these will happen but im bored

please be kind

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-29-2003 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
lampman and lundmark to edmonton for comrie
(flame away on this one but comrie has big time talent.)

Don't think that gets it done.

Barnaby 10-29-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

If their desperate then it might

tony 10-29-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

i wouldn't mind trading someone else for comrie and then pair comrie with lundmark.

Fletch 10-29-2003 12:28 PM

I'll flame away...

Edmonton wouldn't want Lundmark and Lampman for Comrie.

Poti for Gauthier..not bad, but I don't see it as a move that gets this team any better.

Not worth giving up picks, which never would happen anyways.

What gets this team better is being able to move Malakhov and possibly Carter for something useful. What makes this team better is Tjutin showing he can play in the NHL and saying goodbye to BoBo. What makes this team better is Murray competing hard, scoring, and playing some hard-nosed hockey and replacing Rucinsky (on Holik's left, with Lundmark on Lindros' when he returns). Right now, except for trades we will eventually regret, I don't see much else helping this team.

Leetchie 10-29-2003 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
If their desperate then it might

Kevin Lowe said he wasn't in a hurry. Edmonton wants Lundmark and Blackburn, and we're not gonna make that trade.

He ends up playing in Edmonton...

Jackson Ranger 10-29-2003 12:44 PM

I'll throw out a Sather type trade that will happen in late November, early December if this team doesn't start scoring. (BTW, I don't this will happen, I just could see Sather doing this)

Washington - Lindros, Lundmark, Poti and a first next year
New York - Jagr, Gonchar

Breakdown:
Lindros = Jagr (except for the four remaining years on the contract, which might be the sticking point)
Washington rids themselves of Gonchar's salary and receives a young offensive defenseman to take his place and a versatile young forward and a medium to low 1st round draft pick.

The Rangers get two offensive players, one who supposedly WANTS to play here and a defenseman who could be paired with Leetch on the power play point that would remind people of 94 with Leetch and Zubov.

The lines and D could be:

Hlavac Nedved Jagr
Rucinsky Mess Kovalev
Barnaby Holik Carter
Simon Wiseman/Rheaume Hlavac

Leetch deVries
Gonchar Mironov
Malakhov Kasper

Like I said, I wouldn't do this, but I could see Slats hitting the panic button down the road.

RGF 10-29-2003 12:46 PM

mike komiserak(sp?) for 2nd + 3rd rounder(04), anson carter

gives us a great stud for a future blueline to complement tyutin, hopefully jake taylor, lampman, baranka, guenin, potter and whoever else we draft in the future.

mike rathje(sj) - im interested in too, because he will be a free agent and i believe is 29. although maybe we hsould get him later..SJ is an interesting team along with LA to spy on because they will have a lot of positional battles where kids who are on the team now may be uprooted by younger talent.

sundstrom? ive heard him discussed as being traded here..i would offer a pick and decent prospect(whose chances were limited here) like felardeau--well have plenty of kids better than him when hes ready to play--namely jessiman jonasen, crabb (looks good), walsh is gonna have a break out year.

tanner glass(fl) drafted this passed year in 9th...could have a break out yr at dartmouth playing with jessiman and the likes..id offer a conditional or 9th rounder swap

gauthier--comrie--good ideas but id be more concerned with gauthier...but how about trying to pry ryan whitney from pitt? or going after jay mckee outta buff? hes young stay at home..

i see our offense as pretty good..and our defense has been better but these acquistions(if god made it so) would make us into a marginal contender, and if we keep the kids we have and build upon our progresses we might see lord stanley in 5-10 yrs instead of 54..i dont want to be a nyr fan suffering like cubs & redsox fans

Barnaby 10-29-2003 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie
Kevin Lowe said he wasn't in a hurry. Edmonton wants Lundmark and Blackburn, and we're not gonna make that trade.

He ends up playing in Edmonton...

How do you know? Is your last name Sather or Lowe? Maybe EDM loses 5 games in a row and it forces Lowe into rushing a little more then he'd like.

Comrie WILL be moved... after reading comments by both sides I dont see a sudden change of hearts. The question is where... like always the Rangers are a possibility so who knows...

I think theres a good chance Comrie ends up in Calgary or Buffalo.

Bacchus 10-29-2003 12:53 PM

My trades:

1) I wouldn't touch Comrie. Yes, he's got great talent, but he's small, would cost a lot (think nearly every NHL team wants him) and takes a hold out from his HOME team although his father should have enough money (for him).

2) I'd try to get rid of the M&M sisters. Both for a 9th to the Caps, whatever. :p

3) Trade Poti.
3a) Poti & Carter to the Flames for Warrener, Gauthier and a pick to even it out (better).
3b) Poti to Vancouver for Bryan Allen (not as good as 3a)).

I know this would leave a very defensive minded D-corps. But we have a guy called Tjutin who could take a spot on a regular basis and we still have a guy called Leetch who hopefully will be back soon.

Leetch - Warrener
Tjutin - Gauthier
DeVries - Kasparaitis

At least one offensive and one hard-nosed defensive minded d-man on each pairing.

4) I can hardly imagine that anyone would touch Hlavac or Rosie, so I'd bench them 'till the start playing hockey...

Bacchus 10-29-2003 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGF
mike komiserak(sp?) for 2nd + 3rd rounder(04), anson carter

Yeah! That would be great for us. But the Habs won't move Komisarek.

Quote:

gauthier--comrie--good ideas but id be more concerned with gauthier...but how about trying to pry ryan whitney from pitt? or going after jay mckee outta buff? hes young stay at home..
Gauthier: See my post.
Comrie: Same.
Whitney: I believe he was drafted too high but more important: I guess we'd have to move Tjutin for him. :dunno:
McKee: He's Buffalo's only hard hitting d-man, so they won't trade him. Therefore: Warrener! :)

#37-#93-#27* 10-29-2003 01:17 PM

deVries is certainly better then Gauthier and Warrener.

My trades..

<b>to ATL:</b> Carter, Malakhov
<b>to NYR:</b> Safronov, first '04
- Atlanta has already shopped their first for a top 6 forward.

<b>to TOR:</b> Dan Lacouture, Boris Mironov
<b>to NYR:</b> Darcy Tucker, 6th '04</b>
- need defense, have been looking to trade Tucker, a line of him-Holik-Barnaby intrigues me.

<b>to TOR:</b> Eric Lindros
<b>to NYR:</b> Nik Antropov
- Antropov's value is rapidly declining, he's a good young player but oft injured. Leaf fans would be 50/50 but it would be something Quinn would do.

<b>to VCR:</b> Martin Rucinsky
<b>to NYR:</b> third '04
- trade deadline, Vancouver's always looking for a capable forward that's not tied up long term.

<b>1.</b> Hlavac - Nedved - Kovalev
<b>2.</b> Moore - Antropov - Lundmark
<b>3.</b> Tucker - Holik - Barnaby
<b>4.</b> Simon - Messier - Wiseman

<b>a.</b> Leetch - deVries
<b>b.</b> Poti - Safranov
<b>c.</b> Lampman - Kasparitus

DLaCouture39 10-29-2003 01:20 PM

Anson Carter to Vancouver for RW Jason King and D Bryan Allen

Malakhov and Mironov (rangers pay salary) to Sharks for Rob Davison, Lynn Loyns and mid round pick

Tom Poti and Martin Rucinsky to Toronto Maple Leafs for Darcy Tucker and Matt Stajan...

Dagoon44 10-29-2003 01:56 PM

trades

poti and a pick to leafs for antropov and domi

lundmarlk purninton and lampman to oilers for comrie larouque stios sp?

carter to any one who will take him please boston again ? mybe?

Leetchie 10-29-2003 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
How do you know? Is your last name Sather or Lowe? Maybe EDM loses 5 games in a row and it forces Lowe into rushing a little more then he'd like.

Comrie WILL be moved... after reading comments by both sides I dont see a sudden change of hearts. The question is where... like always the Rangers are a possibility so who knows...

I think theres a good chance Comrie ends up in Calgary or Buffalo.

No, my name is not Sather or Lowe. Did you even read the article on tsn about this? Kevin Lowe said himself he's made his offer and he's in no hurry. That's how I know.

How many times have teams and players vowed that this player will never play for that team again? And how many times has that actually held true? :teach:

If Edmonton can't afford Comrie, what makes you think Calgary can?

barnaby63 10-29-2003 02:20 PM

i know it is useless to argue on these boards cause of the stigmas and mindsets here, but why trade poti? all off-season i said give him this year to prove himself. most of your complaints were about not hitting enough and playing the body instead of the poke-check, well guess what? he is playing a physical game this year(not scott stevens physical but hitting nonetheless) and he even led the team in hits last night. and trading him for gauthier helps this team how? the guy is a injury-prone defenseman that has no offensive upside. poti is showing he can adapt his game while still having the tools on offense. poti for bryan allen? wow that one blows.

here is my deal:
to washington:
darius kasparaitis and anson carter

to new york:
jaromir jagr,mike grier,nolan yonkman and 2004 1st round draft pick

-by getting rid of kaspar's contract which is 4.5 million per year it actually makes jagr's salary 7 million per year instead of 11. dont know if that makes sense or not to you.

-carter really isnt doing anything in new york and by getting grier to play shotgun with holik on a real checking line it helps the team. also yonkman and the 1st help the deal too.

hlavac-nedved-kovalev
just give it some time it will work.

lundmark-lindros-jagr
jagr and lindros should play well together since lindros plays well with a big winger and a guy that carries the puck(jagr) and lundmark should benefit from the setups by jagr with the open space lindros-jagr creates.

rucinsky-holik-grier
grier and holik should complement each other well and rucinsky adds some speed and scoring ability to the line

simon-messier-barnaby
this line seems to play well together when getting 4th line minutes.

i wont even post my defensive pairings cause i know i would get burned by the "real rangers fans" on these boards.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-29-2003 02:34 PM

I have a feeling that Comrie will be a Ranger.

L.I.RangerFan 10-29-2003 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnaby63
i know it is useless to argue on these boards cause of the stigmas and mindsets here, but why trade poti? all off-season i said give him this year to prove himself. most of your complaints were about not hitting enough and playing the body instead of the poke-check, well guess what? he is playing a physical game this year(not scott stevens physical but hitting nonetheless) and he even led the team in hits last night. and trading him for gauthier helps this team how? the guy is a injury-prone defenseman that has no offensive upside. poti is showing he can adapt his game while still having the tools on offense. poti for bryan allen? wow that one blows.

here is my deal:
to washington:

to new york:

-by getting rid of kaspar's contract which is 4.5 million per year it actually makes jagr's salary 7 million per year instead of 11. dont know if that makes sense or not to you.

-carter really isnt doing anything in new york and by getting grier to play shotgun with holik on a real checking line it helps the team. also yonkman and the 1st help the deal too.

hlavac-nedved-kovalev

lundmark-lindros-jagr
jagr and lindros should play well together since lindros plays well with a big winger and a guy that carries the puck(jagr) and lundmark should benefit from the setups by jagr with the open space lindros-jagr creates.

rucinsky-holik-grier
grier and holik should complement each other well and rucinsky adds some speed and scoring ability to the line

simon-messier-barnaby

i wont even post my defensive pairings cause i know i would get burned by the "real rangers fans" on these boards.

Yonkman tore up his knee the other day. ACL out for the year

Son of Steinbrenner 10-29-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

here is my deal:
to washington:

to new york:

hlavac-nedved-kovalev

lundmark-lindros-jagr

rucinsky-holik-grier

simon-messier-barnaby

i would trade poti for a hard hitting defenseman. bouchard has looked really good with kasper. with bouchard leetch and tjutin on the horizon poti is one of the few guys that we can trade to fill a need. a hard hitting defenseman would like nice next to leetch.

Brock 10-29-2003 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
- need defense, have been looking to trade Tucker, a line of him-Holik-Barnaby intrigues me.

- Antropov's value is rapidly declining, he's a good young player but oft injured. Leaf fans would be 50/50 but it would be something Quinn would do.

Except that Pat Quin isn't the General Manager of the Leafs anymore, John Ferguson Jr. is.

Toronto gets absolutely killed on both of those deals.

#37-#93-#27* 10-29-2003 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Except that Pat Quin isn't the General Manager of the Leafs anymore, John Ferguson Jr. is.

Toronto gets absolutely killed on both of those deals.

:shakehead

Tucker one is fair value, both deals are assuming Toronto wants to win something this season.

Dorthmall 10-29-2003 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
<b>to ATL:</b> Carter, Malakhov
<b>to NYR:</b> Safronov, first '04

<b>to VCR:</b> Martin Rucinsky
<b>to NYR:</b> third '04
\

Wow, I think I would do everyone of those trades.

barnaby63 10-29-2003 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
i would trade poti for a hard hitting defenseman. bouchard has looked really good with kasper. with bouchard leetch and tjutin on the horizon poti is one of the few guys that we can trade to fill a need. a hard hitting defenseman would like nice next to leetch.

bouchard is a journey-man defenseman and shouldnt be counted on for regular minutes for a team.

although tjutin is a really good defenseman, i read reports he is more of a defensive-defensman that chips in on offense, although he is lighting up the AHL right now i believe.

sorry but unless i get nick boynton or someone of that calibar in return i am not trading poti.

#37-#93-#27* 10-29-2003 03:21 PM

Quote:

bouchard is a journey-man defenseman and shouldnt be counted on for regular minutes for a team.

although tjutin is a really good defenseman, i read reports he is more of a defensive-defensman that chips in on offense, although he is lighting up the AHL right now i believe.

sorry but unless i get nick boynton or someone of that calibar in return i am not trading poti.

I agree with what you said about Bouchard and a little on Tjutin but that still wouldn't stop me from trading Poti for a McKee type defenseman.

Barnaby 10-29-2003 03:23 PM

Quote:

I agree. I actually like the Poti-Devries pairing. It's not a top pairing but I am fine with them as my 3-4 defensman for now when Leetch returns.

I agree that we shouldnt dump Poti for a mediocra d-man just cuz he can hit.... look where Kaspar and Purinton have gotten us.