HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Shafigulin/Sulzer signings to come this summer?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=238798)

LadyByngJeanRatelle 04-06-2006 01:39 PM

Shafigulin/Sulzer signings to come this summer??

Anyone know what the chances that either Grigory Shafigulin or Alex Sulzer will be signed to contracts for next year?

Sulzer made the German Olympic team and had a decent year in Germany. Seems to be over the violent mugging that happened years back.

Shafigulin played very well at the WJC in 2004, and could end up being a very good 3rd/4th line centre for the Preds. He's got size, speed and great defensive awareness.

Anyone care to share their opinions on these two?

barrytrotzsneck 04-06-2006 01:55 PM

i'd like to see them both signed in milwaukee next year, but we've seen no indication of either.

keep in mind, poile likes to keep that stuff close to his sleeve.

Innovius 04-06-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
...close to his sleeve.

:biglaugh:

Good one...been listenin' to Crispy a bit eh?

barrytrotzsneck 04-06-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innovius
:biglaugh:

Good one...been listenin' to Crispy a bit eh?

;)

dulzhok 04-06-2006 05:05 PM

They should be serious targets.

I'm still not 100% on this rule... but I think if we don't sign them, they can re-enter the draft.

We should make a serious play for the following:
Sulzer, Stehlik, Setzinger, Shafigulin, Widing, and a few others I can't think of.

SmokeyClause 04-06-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
They should be serious targets.

I'm still not 100% on this rule... but I think if we don't sign them, they can re-enter the draft.

We should make a serious play for the following:
Sulzer, Stehlik, Setzinger, Shafigulin, Widing, and a few others I can't think of.

Milwaukee needs the talent and we have a good track record of bringing in youth to play at the NHL level. I sure hope we make it happen.

jstreet 04-07-2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Milwaukee needs the talent and we have a good track record of bringing in youth to play at the NHL level. I sure hope we make it happen.

Enter Rads! Can't wait!

PredDave 04-07-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
Enter Rads! Can't wait!

Anyone else think that Radulov totally bypasses Milwaukee and jumps straight to the Preds' roster next year from the QMJHL ?

:) Not sure where he would be plugged in, but the first line with "Paully-Want-A-Cracker" Kariya would be sweet!

habs9 04-07-2006 01:24 PM

Was Very impressed with Shafigulin in 2004

Never hear much about him. Has he progressed since 2004. Loved his size and hands.

Alessandro Seren Rosso 04-08-2006 05:37 AM

Shafigullin's contract with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl runs out in 2007.