HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sitting Jagr and the Big Boys (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=238824)

HockeyBasedNYC 04-06-2006 02:51 PM

Sitting Jagr and the Big Boys

Now im not all for sitting your best players the few games before playoffs... (look what happened to the Indy Colts..)

But what would you think about sitting Jagr (once hes passed Graves) a few games and maybe some other important players (Lundqvist, Prucha, Straka, Nylander, Malik, Kaspar...ect...)

Personally i'd dress everyone unless they asked for it, just limit their ice a little.

Crease 04-06-2006 02:52 PM

Unfortunately it's extremely important to win the division, because if not, we fall to 5th place and lose home ice in the playoffs. So until that is locked up, which probably won't be until the last day of the regular season, we should play everyone to win.

Fletch 04-06-2006 03:06 PM

No to sitting Jagr...

yes to him playing less than the ridiculous 27 minutes he played against Philly. A few games with 12-14 minutes may not hurt (but not missing a power play beat).

Nich 04-06-2006 03:09 PM

i would say yes to resting ruchin and his 80 yo back

NYR94 04-06-2006 03:13 PM

Don't wanna bench guys with the division on the line.

RangerBoy 04-06-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crease29
Unfortunately it's extremely important to win the division, because if not, we fall to 5th place and lose home ice in the playoffs. So until that is locked up, which probably won't be until the last day of the regular season, we should play everyone to win.

It's not extremely important to win the division.It would be nice to win the division but the Rangers chance of playoff success doesn't rest with winning one battle rather than winning the war

Ola 04-06-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
Now im not all for sitting your best players the few games before playoffs... (look what happened to the Indy Colts..)

But what would you think about sitting Jagr (once hes passed Graves) a few games and maybe some other important players (Lundqvist, Prucha, Straka, Nylander, Malik, Kaspar...ect...)

Personally i'd dress everyone unless they asked for it, just limit their ice a little.

I think thats what we are dooing with Rucchin, Kaspar, Lundqvist and Malik. I doesn't sound like thoose guys would have missed a minute if we were fighting for a PO spot.

On sitting Jagr, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea. But its a stretch.

HockeyBasedNYC 04-06-2006 04:02 PM

Like i said... i wouldnt sit anyone at all. Limit their ice time yes.. too much on the line.. thats a big #3 spot.

Fletch 04-06-2006 04:39 PM

Winning the division is important...

it's a psychological boost - and it gives them home ice advantage (would hate to not win it and fall behind Buffalo and play them without home ice advantage).

robertch 04-06-2006 04:42 PM

Winning the division and getting home ice is also a big FINANCIAL boost, let's not forget.

If we lock up the division before the end of the regular season, I totally rest Jagr for a couple games.

shoothepuck 04-06-2006 05:31 PM

Win the division. They could sit Poti, so that his legs are rested when he walks far away next season

TheRedressor 04-06-2006 10:18 PM

the only guys they should rest are Rucchin, Kasper, Straka and Lundqvist. Reguarding Jagr limit his ice time dramatically so he's fresh.

nyr2k2 04-07-2006 12:37 PM

I'd sit guys with 2 games left. I don't think the division is that important, though I still think we'll win it. I also think we'll pass Buffalo within the next 2 or 3 games, in which case we'll have home ice in the first round regardless of whether we win the division.

BigCanada77 04-07-2006 01:50 PM

Like some posters above, ONLY if we win the division before the reg season ends.

True Blue 04-07-2006 02:05 PM

Depends on whom. Rucchin and Kasper have no need to be in a game until the last 2 or 3. And even then, it would only be so that they can get their wind back. Last game of the season, I would start as many back-ups as possible (providing that the division is already won).

Rangers_23 04-07-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Win the division. They could sit Poti, so that his legs are rested when he walks far away next season

:biglaugh:

How I hope that is true.

MisterUnspoken 04-07-2006 02:12 PM

Isn't our record at home like 25-8-3.... and you guys want to rest Jagr and Co for the last two games and possibly lose out on that kind of advantage? :loony:

bobbop 04-07-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy
It's not extremely important to win the division.It would be nice to win the division but the Rangers chance of playoff success doesn't rest with winning one battle rather than winning the war

Oh yes it is. It is the difference between home ice for at least one playoff round (and possibly more) and it means avoiding a very dangerous Buffalo team in the first round. Win the division, rest those who need it and most importantly, roll 4 lines until the playoffs start.

schmieder44 04-07-2006 02:58 PM

I've been pleased with Poti, He's throwing the body a bit. Granted the give away was bad on the Satan goal. But every player makes a bad pass from time to time. I'll im saying is he's been consistently solid most of the year. It seems he was affected by the lay off more than most to start the year. Wether or not to keep him i think depends on who the options are that you may be looking to bring in. Changing gears, As frustrating as i am at times with Roszival, his + - speaks volumes.

Rangers_23 04-07-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmieder44
I've been pleased with Poti, He's throwing the body a bit. Granted the give away was bad on the Satan goal. But every player makes a bad pass from time to time. I'll im saying is he's been consistently solid most of the year. It seems he was affected by the lay off more than most to start the year. Wether or not to keep him i think depends on who the options are that you may be looking to bring in. Changing gears, As frustrating as i am at times with Roszival, his + - speaks volumes.

The way I look at it is you keep 1 of Rozsival or Poti.

Right now I keep Rozsival.

Ola 04-07-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertch
Winning the division and getting home ice is also a big FINANCIAL boost, let's not forget.

If we lock up the division before the end of the regular season, I totally rest Jagr for a couple games.

Only if it gets to 5 or 7 games. Besides, let say two equal teams play each other. I am not so sure how much of a advantage home ice really is.

I mean the other teams starts with 2 games away, thats tough. But if they win the first game away the other team is in tremendous trouble. All because of one game.

Lets say we play NJD and looses the first game. There would be tremendous pressure on us in the 2nd game and they would have nothing to loose at all. They are either gooing home with homeice advantage or beeing up 2 games. Would be interesting to see some statics of how a team does that looses that first game home.

Though of course I want to win the division. But I am not sold on the home ice advantage is such a big advantage.

True Blue 04-07-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers_23
The way I look at it is you keep 1 of Rozsival or Poti.

Right now I keep Rozsival.

Not that this is what this thread is about, but why is it necessary to keep either of them?

nyr2k2 04-08-2006 11:43 AM

I'm telling you guys, by seasons end, we will have passed Buffalo.