HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Need #1 or #2 Defencemen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23915)

Blackhawkpride 10-29-2003 03:51 PM

Need #1 or #2 Defencemen
 
What defenceman would you trade to the Blackhawks? And what would you want in return, within reason? We sorely need a true #1 or #2 to steady our defence.

neelynugs 10-29-2003 04:27 PM

you'd have to think that kyle calder and mark bell would be what teams would want. i was interested in a kyle mclaren/mark bell swap last season, but obviously that's not gonna happen anymore.

Blackhawkpride 10-29-2003 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelynugs
you'd have to think that kyle calder and mark bell would be what teams would want. i was interested in a kyle mclaren/mark bell swap last season, but obviously that's not gonna happen anymore.


There is no way I'd give up Bell or Calder, unless its for a proven player.

FacelessButcher 10-29-2003 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkpride
There is no way I'd give up Bell or Calder, unless its for a proven player.

How can a true no.1 or 2 defence man not be a proven player?I would call McLaren quite proven what trading chip R u willing to put on the table?

nathan 10-29-2003 04:40 PM

If you really want a #1 or #2 defenseman, you have to give up something of value in return. Goes both ways.

Obviously, those 2 players are of most value.

Kritty 10-29-2003 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkpride
What defenceman would you trade to the Blackhawks? And what would you want in return, within reason? We sorely need a true #1 or #2 to steady our defence.

I would think that the Flames could be of interest. They have a few guys that have been rumoured to be on the block for some time now. If Bell and/or Calder are antied up, I could see the Flames being interested. Both would be exactly what the Flames need.

CREW99AW 10-29-2003 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkpride
There is no way I'd give up Bell or Calder, unless its for a proven player.


With the lack of quality defensemen in the watered downed league,you're not getting a #1 or #2 defenseman without trading away something of quality.

If your team doesn't want to move key players,they should sign a ufa. Berard,Yushevich and Tverdovsky are all still unsigned.

Blackhawkpride 10-29-2003 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
How can a true no.1 or 2 defence man not be a proven player?I would call McLaren quite proven what trading chip R u willing to put on the table?

McLaren's OK, but seems to be injured often. Don't get me wrong, he'd definately be the best Dman on the Hawks, but I was thinking about someone who is maybe older. I would give up Daze and Zhamnov in a hartbeat, and yes I know they are injured. Who do you want from the Hawks?

Blackhawkpride 10-29-2003 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritty
I would think that the Flames could be of interest. They have a few guys that have been rumoured to be on the block for some time now. If Bell and/or Calder are antied up, I could see the Flames being interested. Both would be exactly what the Flames need.


Are Bell and Calder all people are interested in from the Hawks? There are other decent players too.

FacelessButcher 10-29-2003 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkpride
Are Bell and Calder all people are interested in from the Hawks? There are other decent players too.

Montreal might have some interest in Daze still need a bigger deal though they need to drop some forwards too. Zhamnov might draw a little interest from the Devils need some scoring and could use a veteran centreman. I don't think either of these would get u a 1-2 defence man but its a good start and you could definetly grab someone who could easily fit into your current d set-up.

Kritty 10-29-2003 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkpride
Are Bell and Calder all people are interested in from the Hawks? There are other decent players too.


Zhamnov-very little value at this point, aging and costly

Daze-I'm sure lots of teams would like to have him, not sure of his price tag though, meaning salary.

The reason teams are interested in Calder and Bell is because they are still young and developing while being cheap. The Flames would be interested in those two because that's what they're looking for. They don't want aging, pricey players. They can't afford to have them on the roster. Aside from Bell, Calder, Arnason, Daze and probably Sullivan, few other Hawks have much value. Especially not in a deal for a #1 or #2 dman. Those are the elite dmen in the league. You can't expect the Hawks to pick someone like that up without giving something of pretty high quality. Ie. Bell, Calder. etc.

Blackhawkpride 10-29-2003 05:05 PM

Now that Pulford is going to finish the year as GM, I would expect him to make some kind trade or trades. Hopefully they will help the team. We have plenty of young defencemen in the minors (Babchuk, Barinka, Kieth) but we have knowone to teach them at the NHL level, unless you consider Klemm.

CREW99AW 10-29-2003 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritty
Zhamnov-very little value at this point, aging and costly

Daze-I'm sure lots of teams would like to have him, not sure of his price tag though, meaning salary.

The reason teams are interested in Calder and Bell is because they are still young and developing while being cheap. The Flames would be interested in those two because that's what they're looking for. They don't want aging, pricey players. They can't afford to have them on the roster. Aside from Bell, Calder, Arnason, Daze and probably Sullivan, few other Hawks have much value. Especially not in a deal for a #1 or #2 dman. Those are the elite dmen in the league. You can't expect the Hawks to pick someone like that up without giving something of pretty high quality. Ie. Bell, Calder. etc.


I read Daze is facing another back surgery.If that's true,don't expect any to give team to give up a #1 or a #2 for Daze.

FacelessButcher 10-29-2003 05:30 PM

Why did u guys trade Mirinov if ur defensive core was so hurting he could give some leadership, I know he is not a #1 or #2 d-man but still he can help and not horrendously expensive or anything.

RoyIsALegend* 10-29-2003 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Why did u guys trade Mirinov if ur defensive core was so hurting he could give some leadership, I know he is not a #1 or #2 d-man but still he can help and not horrendously expensive or anything.

...'but still he can help and not horrendously expensive or anything.'

We're not talking about the same Boris Mironov, are we?

Hawkalyzer 10-29-2003 05:35 PM

we traded Mironov cause hes a whiney little b*tch
get?

RoyIsALegend* 10-29-2003 05:37 PM

If he doesn't get his contract extension...

To Chicago: D Roman Hamrlik
To Islanders: F Kyle Calder, 3rd round pick

The Islanders acquire a good young winger with legitimate offensive capabilities to play alongside Yashin, Peca, Parrish, etc. and the Blackhawks get a very underrated #1 defenseman in Hamrlik. All that would need to be done is Wirtz shelling out the cash to re-sign Hammer longterm.

FacelessButcher 10-29-2003 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
...'but still he can help and not horrendously expensive or anything.'

We're not talking about the same Boris Mironov, are we?

haha probably I know he is not great(top 4 at best) and not many like him but still if u look at Chicago's d pairings I don't see how he couldn't help atleast a little $1.9mill is a little pricey(100,000 over league average) but Chicago is a big market I don't get how they don't spend more money for a competitive team.
edit-whiney little ***** I get it ;)

thome_26 10-29-2003 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW
With the lack of quality defensemen in the watered downed league,you're not getting a #1 or #2 defenseman without trading away something of quality.

If your team doesn't want to move key players,they should sign a ufa. Berard,Yushevich and Tverdovsky are all still unsigned.

It's not that the league is really watered down - it's that teams like Detroit, Colorado, and the Isles have three or four top pairing Dmen each. I mean heck, you know there is a real lack of parity in the league when a team has Lidstrom, Hatcher, Schnieder, and Chelios. All who would be number ones on about half of the leagues other teams. If Chicago has the money and are willing to give up assets, then they could find a #1.

CREW99AW 10-29-2003 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
If he doesn't get his contract extension...

To Chicago: D Roman Hamrlik
To Islanders: F Kyle Calder, 3rd round pick

The Islanders acquire a good young winger with legitimate offensive capabilities to play alongside Yashin, Peca, Parrish, etc. and the Blackhawks get a very underrated #1 defenseman in Hamrlik. All that would need to be done is Wirtz shelling out the cash to re-sign Hammer longterm.


no thanks.Hamrlik's made the all-star team twice in the last 3 yrs.He immediately becomes Chicago's #1 d-man.Calder's not worth Hamrlik and that 3rd doesn't come close to evening out this deal.Hamrlik's pressing to get an extension signed,avoiding becoming a ufa with a cap in place.

Calder's stats:
1999-2000 Blackhawks 8 1 1 2 2 -3 0 0 0 0 5 20
2000-2001 Blackhawks 43 5 10 15 14 -4 0 0 1 0 63 7.9
2001-2002 Blackhawks 81 17 36 53 47 8 6 0 3 0 133 12.8
2002-2003 Blackhawks 82 15 27 42 40 -6 7 0 2 0 164 9.1
2003-2004 Blackhawks 10 3 3 6 7 2 1 0 0 0 24 12.5

NHL Totals 224 41 77 118 110 -3 14 0 6 0 389 10

Jeffrey 10-29-2003 06:21 PM

What about Rivet for Matt Keith or 3rd pick

??

Ajacied 10-29-2003 06:25 PM

Janne Niinimaa and Trent Hunter for Eric Daze and Steve Poapst..

CREW99AW 10-29-2003 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
Janne Niinimaa and Trent Hunter for Eric Daze and Steve Poapst..


One of the hockey site's(TSN.ca i think),reported that Daze is facing more back surgery.

Isles won't go near him.

Darth Milbury 10-29-2003 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
If he doesn't get his contract extension...

To Chicago: D Roman Hamrlik
To Islanders: F Kyle Calder, 3rd round pick

The Islanders acquire a good young winger with legitimate offensive capabilities to play alongside Yashin, Peca, Parrish, etc. and the Blackhawks get a very underrated #1 defenseman in Hamrlik. All that would need to be done is Wirtz shelling out the cash to re-sign Hammer longterm.


Would you do Morris for Calder and a 3rd? That is about equal to what you are suggesting here.

Enoch 10-29-2003 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Would you do Morris for Calder and a 3rd? That is about equal to what you are suggesting here.

except Morris is 24 and is a RFA for another 6 years


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.