HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hawks\Preds GDT (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=239449)

barrytrotzsneck 04-08-2006 12:36 PM

Hawks\Preds GDT

Hope this one goes better than the last one ;)

SmokeyClause 04-08-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
Hope this one goes better than the last one ;)

No excuse not to pummel them. They just finished a hard-fought game last night. They just got done embarrassing us. Our win against STL was hardly satisfying. And they aren't very good to begin with. A passionate Predator team snuffs out this fire in the first period.

Basher 04-08-2006 01:16 PM

Yea, I foresee some inspired play from our Preds. No way do we let them come into Nashville and win, much less even get close after what happened last week. Heres to cotinuing beating the teams we have to beat...

PeterSidorkiewicz 04-08-2006 03:04 PM

Wondering if you guys knew if it was Mason starting tonite, didnt know when Vokoun was planning on coming back.

barrytrotzsneck 04-08-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz
Wondering if you guys knew if it was Mason starting tonite, didnt know when Vokoun was planning on coming back.

Mason is listed as the expected starter.

barrytrotzsneck 04-08-2006 07:09 PM

ugh, well, i'd love to be watching this...but since center ice shares channels with MLB extra innings...I'm getting the Red Sox\Orioles game, since it was pushed back due to rain delay on the channel that's supposed to have the Preds\Hawks.

Unbelievable.

TUQ 04-08-2006 07:50 PM

Hey guys, ahat are you doing out there ? I really ned your win tonight :) ... come on, this is Chicago :dunno:

Enoch 04-08-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUQ
Hey guys, ahat are you doing out there ? I really ned your win tonight :) ... come on, this is Chicago :dunno:

We always have a rough time with Chicago AND we are in the midst of one of the worst stretches of hockey for our team of the year. ;) Baby steps! Baby Steps!

barrytrotzsneck 04-08-2006 08:26 PM

finally got the game.

we need to stop even bothering with the one-timers. not ONE of them came anywhere near the net.

barrytrotzsneck 04-08-2006 08:28 PM

i'd have rather played khabibulin. every time we play andersson, we make him look like roy.

Hawkhead 04-08-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
Yea, I foresee some inspired play from our Preds. No way do we let them come into Nashville and win, much less even get close after what happened last week. Heres to cotinuing beating the teams we have to beat...

Nashville's so intimidating its hard to come in there and win :sarcasm: ;)

barrytrotzsneck 04-08-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkhead

well, in all fairness, nashville has the best home record in the western conference, so his statement has some merit. it just happens that we're playing the worst hockey we've played all year and have our two best players out and one of our better players out, as well.

barrytrotzsneck 04-08-2006 09:35 PM

to the shootout we go. wonder who gets the nod with sullivan out. I'd like to see Hartnell get a shot.

barrytrotzsneck 04-08-2006 09:41 PM

Little did the Hawks know that Mason is the better shootout tender of the two :)

Barnaby- Stopped
Erat- Score
Sharp- Stopped
Kariya- Score

Good to come out of it with two points, considering that was near domination.

And with that win, we're officially in the playoffs, and stay up on the Ducks.

vopatsrash 04-08-2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkhead

29-8-1 ;)

Congrats to anderson and the hawks, who played hard despite their season circumstance.

Congrats to Mason for hanging in there and turning it around after that first period in Chicago earlier in the week. :bow:

Congrats to Trotz and Poile and the Preds team on their second playoff appearance. It's not always been pretty, but it's been effective. Now get healthy, and build this little 2 game streak into a season peak around 4/20. :yo:

dulzhok 04-08-2006 10:43 PM

Playoffs, yeah.

It's easy to lose sight of this accomplishment, but it is significant. Look at recent expansion.. ATL, CBJ, and MIN. None are in the playoffs, and only Minnesota has ever been the playoffs (and they haven't been able to maintain that success). I don't get the feeling that they're going to be that much better next year.

Granted, we have a year or two on them, but credit does need to be given. And we don't have a Kovalchuk, Nash, or Gaborik to work with either.

Goals for the rest of the season:
Maintain 4th place
Get healthy
Gain Confidence
Cheer Colorado
Wish evil upon Anaheim

dulzhok 04-08-2006 10:51 PM

Anaheim is up two points on Colorado, but Colorado holds the tie breaker right now in the event they are tied. Both have five games left. Anaheim has 4 of 5 on the road, and the play some pretty tough opposition.

So, realistically, we need Colordo to go 4-1, and Anaheim to go 3-2.

Edmonton and SJ aren't totally out of the 5th spot either.

Enoch 04-08-2006 11:00 PM

Theodore may start tomorrow for the Avs...I will be keeping my eye to see how that lockerroom responds. A hart trophy winner 5 games before the playoffs being added to the roster could make that team extremely dangerous....We match up very well against the Avs style, though. I just DO NOT want to face Joe Sakic, probably the best goal scorer in the playoffs.

Great game out of the Preds. We were pretty much dominating the play, but part of that could be due to the Hawks sitting back. I enjoyed watching it, and I loved the emotion after Eaton got the goal!

Anderson - played a heck of a game
Hamhuis - probably the best game he has played in awhile
Weber :bow::bow:

Lars 04-09-2006 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Theodore may start tomorrow for the Avs...I will be keeping my eye to see how that lockerroom responds. A hart trophy winner 5 games before the playoffs being added to the roster could make that team extremely dangerous....We match up very well against the Avs style, though. I just DO NOT want to face Joe Sakic, probably the best goal scorer in the playoffs.

Great game out of the Preds. We were pretty much dominating the play, but part of that could be due to the Hawks sitting back. I enjoyed watching it, and I loved the emotion after Eaton got the goal!

Anderson - played a heck of a game
Hamhuis - probably the best game he has played in awhile
Weber :bow::bow:

Why all this praise for a defenseman who got a -1 on the scoresheet, and got 2 PIM?

What am i missing here ?

JussiM 04-09-2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vopatsrash
Congrats to Trotz and Poile and the Preds team on their second playoff appearance. It's not always been pretty, but it's been effective. Now get healthy, and build this little 2 game streak into a season peak around 4/20. :yo:

My thoughts exactly. :handclap:

vopatsrash 04-09-2006 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44_bertuzzi_44
Why all this praise for a defenseman who got a -1 on the scoresheet, and got 2 PIM?

What am i missing here ?

It's possible to play a good game with a -1 and 2 PIMs. You can be on the ice when a fluke goal is scored through no fault of your own and you're -1 and dominate the rest of the time you're out there.

Not that Weber dominated tonight and not to speak for Enoch, but I suspect that some praise for Weber tends to go beyond the statsheet and is based on what he brings in size and physicality, neither of which has been a trait of many Predators in franchise history.

As a matter of fact, there have been a couple of games this season where I've see Weber make about 5 rookie mistakes, but the 5 other times he nails someone or stands up for the goalie or shows glimpses of what should be a very effective point shot in years to come, leave me with a solid :bow: :bow: , solely because what he brings and will continue to improve on is something that we have yet to see in this franchise. Regardless of his stats, I think most Preds fans are extremely excited about what they've seen of Shea Weber so far.

You've got to keep in mind we've spent much of the past 7 seasons watching the likes of Drake Berehowsky, Bill Houlder, and Dan Keczmer.

PeterAngelo 04-09-2006 01:18 AM

In the recap that Associated Press released it said Kariya headed to the dressing rooms after his shootout goal rather than staying out on the ice to celebrate with his teammates. What was that about?

Enoch 04-09-2006 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vopatsrash
It's possible to play a good game with a -1 and 2 PIMs. You can be on the ice when a fluke goal is scored through no fault of your own and you're -1 and dominate the rest of the time you're out there.

Not that Weber dominated tonight and not to speak for Enoch, but I suspect that some praise for Weber tends to go beyond the statsheet and is based on what he brings in size and physicality, neither of which has been a trait of many Predators in franchise history.

As a matter of fact, there have been a couple of games this season where I've see Weber make about 5 rookie mistakes, but the 5 other times he nails someone or stands up for the goalie or shows glimpses of what should be a very effective point shot in years to come, leave me with a solid :bow: :bow: , solely because what he brings and will continue to improve on is something that we have yet to see in this franchise. Regardless of his stats, I think most Preds fans are extremely excited about what they've seen of Shea Weber so far.

You've got to keep in mind we've spent much of the past 7 seasons watching the likes of Drake Berehowsky, Bill Houlder, and Dan Keczmer.

Exactly. I love his game. He is a natural bruiser, and adding him to the PP has changed it subtley (but effectively). Yes he is a rookie, and yes he makes mistakes.....but he doesn't take crap from anyone, plays good defense, and seems like a true warrior out there. I'm excited about him, what can I say ;).

I did notice that about Kariya, but I'm not sure its anything big.

predperson 04-09-2006 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AusPredsfan
In the recap that Associated Press released it said Kariya headed to the dressing rooms after his shootout goal rather than staying out on the ice to celebrate with his teammates. What was that about?

Didn't see that but not surprised. Kariya marches to the beat of his own drummer.

vopatsrash 04-09-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AusPredsfan

Check out the picture on the front page of the Tennesseean...the team is celebrating with Kariya skating off alone. odd.

maybe he's one of those "i wouldn't touch the president's trophy" type of guys and doesn't believe in making a big deal about celebrating a mere clinching.

Or, per handtrick/pred303's road trip thread, maybe Paul needed to get into his postgame ritual for fear of screwing up any chance of success for the Blues game. ;)