HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Great mcammond deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23980)

st_roland 10-29-2003 08:45 PM

Great mcammond deal

God, giving mcammond back to Calgary last year is looking dumber and dumber. I think he'd fit our needs right now perfectly. He would certainly be better on our second line than kono.

Foppa2118 10-29-2003 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st_roland
God, giving mcammond back to Calgary last year is looking dumber and dumber. I think he'd fit our needs right now perfectly. He would certainly be better on our second line than kono.

Kono is only playing on the second line because Kariya is injured, and I would take Kono over Mcammond on either the second or third line. I think he is a better all around player, brings a heck of a lot more leadership and experience, plus Mcammond never really seemed to fit in on the team. He played great at first, but then fell into a slump, and looked lost for a long time. Plus Mcammond isn't playing well this season anyway, he has one point, and was a healthy scratch against the Avs on tuesday. Konowalchuk only has two points himself, but is playing a huge roll for the Avs on the PK, and in the physical department.

Zodiac 10-29-2003 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa2118
Plus Mcammond isn't playing well this season anyway, he has one point, and was a healthy scratch against the Avs on tuesday.

McAmmond is injured.

I would rather Kono over McAmmond though.

Foppa2118 10-29-2003 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloydianSlip
McAmmond is injured.

Is he? Tuesday's broadcast of the Av-Calgary game said he was a healthy scratch.

imagine29028 10-30-2003 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa2118
Konowalchuk only has two points himself, but is playing a huge roll for the Avs on the PK, and in the physical department.

hasn't he only played in 2 games? :dunno: dunno about you...but 2 pts in 2 games is ok in my book.

DarioinDenver 10-30-2003 05:37 AM

This is what happened to McCammond:

http://mostokes.valuehost.co.uk/flamedrilled.mpg

Av-merican 10-30-2003 06:28 AM

McAmmond's injured, and he was useless while he was here. I think the year he had with Calgary two seasons ago was more of the exception rather than the rule. The guy can't stickhandle to save his life, and while he does possess speed and a wicked shot, I just don't see him as much more than a 3rd liner at best.

McAmmond's spot has been taken by Reinprecht. I doubt he'll be getting it back.

Mr. Avalanche 10-30-2003 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av-merican

McAmmond's spot has been taken by Reinprecht. I doubt he'll be getting it back.

Rhino was traded to Buffalo then dealt to Calgary :)

Gumballhead 10-30-2003 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Avalanche
Rhino was traded to Buffalo then dealt to Calgary :)

Meaning that both McAmmond and Rhino are in Calgary. Wake up! :D

looooob 10-30-2003 08:03 AM

McAmmond got his bell rung hard by Hereema 3 games ago and hasn't played since

He had already lost his job on the first line to Reinprecht, but he was slowly starting to contribute.

He's overrated by some Flames fans due to his big year with Iginla and Conroy 2 years ago. This year I suspect he'll bounce between playing with Conroy and Iginla(1st line), Lombardi and Kobasew (2nd line)and Betts and Clark
(4th line)
he's a useful player for us given that we only gave you guys a midround pick, but I'm not expecting another 20 goal year from him

Drury_Sakic 10-30-2003 08:35 AM

I think PL rushed in trading McAmmond back for a 5th round pick.. but I also think he did the right thing for McAmmond... MC wanted to go back..he had been happy there and never really wanted to leave... good form by PL.. but a bad trade..

Qubax 10-30-2003 11:19 AM

Yeah McAmmond's out for awhile...I'm a flames season ticket holder...he went failing intoe boards like neck first about a week ago..

Class21 10-30-2003 11:31 AM

Mcammond

Now i am a stars fan but just because a guy leaves and does well where he goes doesnt mean he would have gotten to that level with their former team sometimes a player just needs a change to kick start their career...It happened to Langenbrunner from Dallas, he leveled off in D for years till they moved him and he has been playing at a much higher level for NJ.

Freudian 10-30-2003 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic
I think PL rushed in trading McAmmond back for a 5th round pick.. but I also think he did the right thing for McAmmond... MC wanted to go back..he had been happy there and never really wanted to leave... good form by PL.. but a bad trade..

Yes, I think that was the player agent in PL showing up there. But I don't think it (not getting very much for McAmmond) has to be negative in the long run. PL has a good reputation among the players because of stuff like that, and Colorado being a good organization to come to never hurts. I'm not saying Kariya and Selšnne chose Avs because of PL, but him being sort of a players GM can't hurt.

Ozy_Flame 10-30-2003 03:06 PM

You know, I thought that because he really didn't fit into the system, you guys would be happy for us to take him off your hands! He hardly made an impact, so how is this much of a loss? I can understand for a team like Calgary, but Colorado? They have the big guns who can make do without a player like Dean O'Mac.

Foppa2118 10-30-2003 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imagine29028
hasn't he only played in 2 games? :dunno: dunno about you...but 2 pts in 2 games is ok in my book.

He's played in 10 games including his time with Washington. I wasn't saying it was bad, I was just saying point wise, he isn't much better than Macammond this year, but he brings a lot more to the table.