HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   TSN.ca's Ice Chips : Gainey to call 3 from Hamilton after their season will be over (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=240426)

habsprospects 04-11-2006 02:17 PM

TSN.ca's Ice Chips : Gainey to call 3 from Hamilton after their season will be over
 
Bob Gainey said he's planning on calling up three players from the Hamilton Bulldogs once they finish their season on Saturday. Maxime Lapierre is already with the team, but expect goaltender Yann Danis, defenceman Jean-Phillipe Cote and probably forward Andrei Kostitsyn, to join him as well

DerekT 04-11-2006 02:19 PM

Good for them!

I hope they all get some jewlery for their trip.

Shabutie 04-11-2006 02:19 PM

Saweet, I think Perez will be seeing some of the bench.

Habs 04-11-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thief50
Bob Gainey said he's planning on calling up three players from the Hamilton Bulldogs once they finish their season on Saturday. Maxime Lapierre is already with the team, but expect goaltender Yann Danis, defenceman Jean-Phillipe Cote and probably forward Andrei Kostitsyn, to join him as well

Why on earth would they call up Danis, it doesn't make any sense. You can only dress two goaltenders. What would Cote do, besides sit in the stands? Simpson is already the odd man out.

Matrix 04-11-2006 02:22 PM

I don't know but for the type of season he had, even though he's not going to see any icetime, I would call up Francis Lemieux as well. Nice season for the rookie, was not expected to do so well, and deserves to be on the list.

RC51 04-11-2006 02:24 PM

So I guess Sundstrom will sit until hell freezes over.

417 04-11-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie
Saweet, I think Perez will be seeing some of the bench.

Doubt it...there just getting a call up because there's no roster limit this time of year, they get to practice with the team and soak in the atmosphere...that's all it'll be.

Roke 04-11-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs
Why on earth would they call up Danis, it doesn't make any sense. You can only dress two goaltenders. What would Cote do, besides sit in the stands? Simpson is already the odd man out.

He'll be practicing with the pro club and if Huet or Abby need a day off of practice Danis can jump right in. Cote can also get some experience in practice with the pro club.

habsprospects 04-11-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Doubt it...there just getting a call up because there's no roster limit this time of year, they get to practice with the team and soak in the atmosphere...that's all it'll be.

and for injury, the guys are already here, so they are ready to go right when it's needed

Shabutie 04-11-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Doubt it...there just getting a call up because there's no roster limit this time of year, they get to practice with the team and soak in the atmosphere...that's all it'll be.

I know but still, I have a gut feeling. I don't get why he wouldn't get benched at least 1 game, it's not as if he has any more playoff experience than Kost and if Lapierre does a good job at replacing Begin, maybe he'd be more useful then Perez on the third line.

Habber 04-11-2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs
Why on earth would they call up Danis, it doesn't make any sense. You can only dress two goaltenders. What would Cote do, besides sit in the stands? Simpson is already the odd man out.

What if Abby or Huet gets hurt? If we don't call up Danis, his season is over. At least if he's called up he's practising with the team and would be ready if another guy goes down.

wholeshow* 04-11-2006 02:35 PM

for injury purposes in the playoffs i believe a team is allowed to have a certain number of non-dressed players that should be able to jump into action on short-term notice.
so if god forbid, huet or aebischer go down to injury danis will just need a tap on the shoulder and be able to play as backup. the aforementioned 3 players will practice with our regulars and should be in game shape if needed. :)

417 04-11-2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie
I know but still, I have a gut feeling. I don't get why he wouldn't get benched at least 1 game, it's not as if he has any more playoff experience than Kost and if Lapierre does a good job at replacing Begin, maybe he'd be more useful then Perez on the third line.

Well Perezhogin has been with the team and has been part of this playoff run, he deserves to be here...these guys are a unit right now, i'm of the opinion that you can't just insert a guy who's team has been out of the playoff hunt for a few weeks (Bulldogs) into the lineup.

Guy Germaine 04-11-2006 02:41 PM

I don't see Danis getting called up to sit in the box.
Bringing up Cote makes some sense, since Streit's defensive play hasn't been too good the last few games.He'd bring more size and toughness than Streit, and better skating than Simpson.
Maybe Gainey will give Chipchura a shot.Anyone know how he's been playing in Hamilton?

Shabutie 04-11-2006 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Well Perezhogin has been with the team and has been part of this playoff run, he deserves to be here...these guys are a unit right now, i'm of the opinion that you can't just insert a guy who's team has been out of the playoff hunt for a few weeks (Bulldogs) into the lineup.

He definitely hasn't been a big part. He's certainly one of the few players (actually I think he's the only one) who I can say don't really make a difference in our team. If Kost or Lapierre prove that they can do more, why not bench him?

Teufelsdreck 04-11-2006 02:44 PM

Why the hesitation about calling up Danis? Aside from being available in the event of an injury to Huet or Aebischer, he'd be able to practice with the team. Same with the other call-ups.

wholeshow* 04-11-2006 02:49 PM

if the team feels that they need toughness more than potential scoring, lapierre will get the start over perezhogin. if they feel that kosty would be a better scorer than he'll get the start over perezhogin...they're all youngsters...and any type of playoff experience will be good for them. But even though they're all young, they all play smart hockey so it's not like we're going to be throwing fresh meat into the lions.
gainey knows what the team will need come playoffs, and will give the ice time accordingly.
perezhogin has played well, just hasn't been able to score...
i'm sure he'll break out soon and hopefully he can do it in the playoffs! Perhaps a first round series against a carolina team might do him good, the combination of gerber and cam ward are perhaps the worst tandem of goaltenders in the eastern playoff race.

habsfan11 04-11-2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mother_pucker
I don't see Danis getting called up to sit in the box.
Bringing up Cote makes some sense, since Streit's defensive play hasn't been too good the last few games.He'd bring more size and toughness than Streit, and better skating than Simpson.
Maybe Gainey will give Chipchura a shot.Anyone know how he's been playing in Hamilton?

Would you rather he sit at home or in the pressbox, at least if he is in the pressbox it means he has been practicing with the team and can step in for an injured player... all these guys know that they are only here to play if their injuries or if the habs clinche a spot and want to rest some bodies before the playoffs

habsprospects 04-11-2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mother_pucker
I don't see Danis getting called up to sit in the box.
Bringing up Cote makes some sense, since Streit's defensive play hasn't been too good the last few games.He'd bring more size and toughness than Streit, and better skating than Simpson.
Maybe Gainey will give Chipchura a shot.Anyone know how he's been playing in Hamilton?

Yes, 5 games, 2 assists

417 04-11-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie
He definitely hasn't been a big part. He's certainly one of the few players (actually I think he's the only one) who I can say don't really make a difference in our team. If Kost or Lapierre prove that they can do more, why not bench him?

Disagree...he hasn't produced, but I wouldn't say he's hurt us either, he's been buzzing alot, but the puck just won't sit for him, the effort is there.

jcpenny 04-11-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Disagree...he hasn't produced, but I wouldn't say he's hurt us either, he's been buzzing alot, but the puck just won't sit for him, the effort is there.

The effort is there but when the games get too physical, he tend to disapear, same with Plekanec lately...

Shabutie 04-11-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Disagree...he hasn't produced, but I wouldn't say he's hurt us either, he's been buzzing alot, but the puck just won't sit for him, the effort is there.

The effort is there some nights, and it isn't on others. It's really just a matter of consistency imo, and if either of Lapierre or Kost get a chance to play with us at any point, I think they'll exert more effort than Perez has. Just a matter of opinion, probably won't happen.

eddy 04-11-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Doubt it...there just getting a call up because there's no roster limit this time of year, they get to practice with the team and soak in the atmosphere...that's all it'll be.

Exactly, and I really like the idea there season is over why not bring up a couple guys who have seen a little NHL action already and have a shot at the team next year to give them a little more experience even if it is just practises.

Habsaku 04-11-2006 03:16 PM

Perezhogin deserves to be there, he's been looking more and more comfortable and he's a lot more consistent then at the start of the year. He's been working real hard and his great offensive rush yesterday was a good indication of his work ethic.

Nobak 04-11-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Disagree...he hasn't produced, but I wouldn't say he's hurt us either, he's been buzzing alot, but the puck just won't sit for him, the effort is there.

That's pretty close to the definition of not making a difference though, isn't it?

As much as I'd like to be saying otherwise, I agree with Shabutie about Perezhogin's play. He just doesn't seem to be very noticeable at all. Like you could put a random player in his place and not see a difference.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.