HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Who Wants Him? Sean Avery Is No Longer a Los Angeles King (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=241008)

CBGB 04-13-2006 03:14 AM

Who Wants Him? Sean Avery Is No Longer a Los Angeles King

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

The Times reports he is a unrestriced FA, but he is a RFA

TOPGUN 04-13-2006 03:18 AM

To be honest I am not surprised.

Avery needs to grown up and just play the game. I am glad that Detoit got ride of him

Patty Ice 04-13-2006 03:20 AM

One team will be happy they got the guy you love to play with but hate to play against. He really gets under the opposition's skin.

vcx* 04-13-2006 03:29 AM

I say he becomes a Sen, after they get ousted in the 1st round and snap becauase of it they will go out and sign him to be the official agigtator of the Senators.

:D

JK

i bet he goes to Toronto and becomes romantically linked to Tucker, forming the famed Brokeback mountain line.

exporta 04-13-2006 03:33 AM

I say he ends up in toronto (though i don't want him) or ottawa

golfmade 04-13-2006 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Ice
One team will be happy they got the guy you love to play with but hate to play against. He really gets under the opposition's skin.

SJ should go after him, Avery and Ville on the same team :eek:

Patty Ice 04-13-2006 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade
SJ should go after him, Avery and Ville on the same team :eek:

Only if Elisha Cuthbert centers that line naked...if not, funk Avery.

vcx* 04-13-2006 03:47 AM

Quote:

Only if Elisha Cuthbert centers that line naked...if not, funk Avery.

With her at centre, Avery and Nieminen would score a lot...but then how would they be out on the ice?

oiler-dude 04-13-2006 03:58 AM

Maybe Avery joins the Oilers and plays on a line with old pal Georges Laraque.

I'd shoot myslef if Avery dawns the copper & blue.

Wondercarrot 04-13-2006 08:15 AM

Quote:

One team will be happy they got the guy you love to play with but hate to play against.
you are half right anyway
Avery is such a loser.

Alberta Yote 04-13-2006 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondercarrot
you are half right anyway
Avery is such a loser.

I agree. With everything that's gone on this year I would expect the majority of his now ex-teammates aren't crying in their beer over his departure.

The Fuhr 04-13-2006 08:35 AM

I want the Sens to get him.

Sotnos 04-13-2006 08:39 AM

Quote:

Normally I'd say that's true, but he's getting dismissed for fighting with the coaching staff. For a lot of teams, that'll kill their interest right there. The article says his play has tailed off also, don't know if that's true or not.

Walzy 04-13-2006 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBGB
http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

The Times reports he is a unrestriced FA, but he is a RFA

of course he's a UFA, because it doesn't seem like the Kings will give him a qualifing offer :teach:

davenash 04-13-2006 09:13 AM

Maybe he'll end up in the Habs, learn french, and rename himself Jean Avery.

NFITO 04-13-2006 09:14 AM

who wouldn't want this guy???

move over Larionov, the league finally has today's version of "The Professor"!!!

the smartest man in hockey that can school anyone!

:sarcasm:

GoneAway 04-13-2006 09:18 AM

I say he ends up in TO

timlap 04-13-2006 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordchezz
I say he ends up in TO

Doubtful. He will be lucky to play anywhere in the NHL if he doesn't mature really quickly.

GKJ 04-13-2006 10:31 AM

Quote:

by all accounts, he gets under the skin of members of his own team while the opposition laughs at him

btn 04-13-2006 10:40 AM

He will show up somewhere. I suspect it will be a bottom feeder team that would want to sell a bunch of jerseys. But I highly doubt any team with hopes for the playoffs next year will sign him. He takes too many silly penalties and riles up the opposition too often.

kingsfan25 04-13-2006 10:40 AM

He'll find a home somewhere.

He's a good hockey player and a good agitator. He just needs to learn to shut up in front of cameras and to respect his coaches.

Alan Jackson 04-13-2006 10:44 AM

I hope Avery ends up in the East Coast League - though that's probably better than he deserves.

Darth Milbury 04-13-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan25
He'll find a home somewhere.

He's a good hockey player and a good agitator. He just needs to learn to shut up in front of cameras and to respect his coaches.

Completely agree.

discostu 04-13-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn
He will show up somewhere. I suspect it will be a bottom feeder team that would want to sell a bunch of jerseys. But I highly doubt any team with hopes for the playoffs next year will sign him. He takes too many silly penalties and riles up the opposition too often.

Yeah. It's a shame, because he's a decent hockey player, and, agitators can serve a purpose on a team. But, he's taken it to an extreme. In his next opportunity, if he doesn't learn how to become a team player, then his career will be done, and, I suspect that there won't be much sympathy for him.

mooseOAK* 04-13-2006 10:51 AM

Maybe he can just disappear, a la Steve Webb.