HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Mellanby Update (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=24185)

Goil 10-29-2003 03:30 PM

Mellanby
 
What happened to him tonight? I noticed that he only played one shift in the first period.

Unthinkable 10-29-2003 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goil
What happened to him tonight? I noticed that he only played one shift in the first period.

Fischer caught him with a good hit near the goal line. It didn't look that bad, but with his ribs still being sore, I'm sure it was pretty painful.

degroat* 10-30-2003 01:44 PM

Mellanby Update
 
Scott Mellanby left the game after taking a hit
during his first shift. He sustained a mild concussion and is questionable
for Saturday's game vs. Chicago. This information was in the newspaper, but
did not make the online edition for some odd reason. Such is the drawback
of having instant information on the web and not being able to purchase the
paper, I guess.

Hope the information helps.

Thanks for writing,

Derrick
-30-

execwrite 10-30-2003 02:53 PM

Thanks for passing along the info.

Guess they'll hold him out of Saturday's game. Maybe Eric Nickulas gets to play a game.

c-carp 10-30-2003 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by execwrite
Thanks for passing along the info.

Guess they'll hold him out of Saturday's game. Maybe Eric Nickulas gets to play a game.

Also maybe Pohl gets caled back up and gets a look.

topshelf331 10-30-2003 03:54 PM

I thought that check looked more on the chin than the ribs.

Unthinkable 11-04-2003 07:32 PM

Any new updates as to when he'll be back in the lineup?

execwrite 11-05-2003 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unthinkable
Any new updates as to when he'll be back in the lineup?

The paper today says he could play Saturday but it doesn't sound likely. He's not even skating yet. They said it's not a severe concussion but he still is fatigued.

Irish Blues 11-05-2003 05:24 AM

If it's a concussion he has to be symptom-free for *at least* 7 days....meaning the earliest he could come back is Thursday vs. Vancouver. If his brain scans don't match up with the baseline scans taken at the start of training camp, it'll be even longer.

Rageinthecage 11-10-2003 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Blues
If it's a concussion he has to be symptom-free for *at least* 7 days....meaning the earliest he could come back is Thursday vs. Vancouver. If his brain scans don't match up with the baseline scans taken at the start of training camp, it'll be even longer.

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed elsewhere or if there hasn't been an update in the last week, but how soon is Mellanby expected back in the lineup? Has he been skating with the team? Thanks.

topshelf331 11-10-2003 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rageinthecage
Apologies in advance if this has been discussed elsewhere or if there hasn't been an update in the last week, but how soon is Mellanby expected back in the lineup? Has he been skating with the team? Thanks.

Probably thursday he will be back. Sorry no links. Just saw an interview on tv. He has been riding the bike. And says he feels fine but the blues were being careful. But with concussions, I guess its always day to day.

Rageinthecage 11-10-2003 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf331
Probably thursday he will be back. Sorry no links. Just saw an interview on tv. He has been riding the bike. And says he feels fine but the blues were being careful. But with concussions, I guess its always day to day.

Thanks for the quick reply. The dreaded "day to day" term in the injury list (especially with regards to concussions, day?, week?, month?) is a hockey pool killer. My fantasy team needs your #2 power forward back in the lineup asap. Excellent season so far for the Blues. Too bad about all your injuries. Just think how far you can leave the Wings behind in the dust once healthy (with the obvious exception of MacInnis unfortunately). If the Canucks were missing over half of their defense and a couple top six forwards, we'd probably be in serious trouble.

c-carp 11-11-2003 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf331
Probably thursday he will be back. Sorry no links. Just saw an interview on tv. He has been riding the bike. And says he feels fine but the blues were being careful. But with concussions, I guess its always day to day.

At the Blues Dream Factory benifit Monday he said he thought he would play Thursday.

Irish Blues 11-12-2003 05:40 AM

With Martins being sent down looks like he'll be in the lineup. (That matches everything I've heard on the radio as well.)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.