HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   G'bye OS Attack (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=242033)

Jaysfanatic* 04-15-2006 08:57 PM

G'bye OS Attack

Wow, the Knights really overcame adversity this time with Bolland being gone. Series over.

CofRed 04-15-2006 09:07 PM

Good Stuff. Drummond has really stepped it up. I remember playing against this kid and he was lightning quick but only 85 lbs.
Watched the Knights all of last year when I was in London, but moved out east. Hopefully I see them in Moncton.

Jaysfanatic* 04-15-2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CofRed
Good Stuff. Drummond has really stepped it up. I remember playing against this kid and he was lightning quick but only 85 lbs.
Watched the Knights all of last year when I was in London, but moved out east. Hopefully I see them in Moncton.

You just may. I dunno who the other conference has to offer.

CharlieGirl 04-15-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
You just may. I dunno who the other conference has to offer.

This says so much....

JrHockeyFan 04-15-2006 09:33 PM

And . . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl
This says so much....

So does this

toomanymen 04-15-2006 09:53 PM

I haven't seen Barrie much this year, but did see the Petes in London. I don't know if they had an off night or what, but it wasn't much of a game. Normally I would chalk it up to a long regular season, but they were going for first overall. Regardless, both teams have tough roads ahead if they hope to meet up. Best of luck to all, and for God's sake, let's hope the refereeing is better than what I've seen so far. Yikes.

Jaysfanatic* 04-15-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

This says so much....

I haven't followed the OHL at all this year. Im just impressed they won without Bolland. Don't lump me with Knights fans, because I'll be the first to admit I know nothing.

Dig Out Your Soul 04-16-2006 02:28 AM

Quote:

I haven't followed the OHL at all this year. Im just impressed they won without Bolland. Don't lump me with Knights fans, because I'll be the first to admit I know nothing.

In the East, the Petes and Colts are two great hockey clubs, both offering a different style of play. Some people have said the OHL champ WILL come from the West, but I'm not so sure.

shawnmullin 04-16-2006 04:19 AM

Quote:

Wow, the Knights really overcame adversity this time with Bolland being gone. Series over.

The story of last night's game really was Owen Sound losing both their top defensemen. Once that happened they were finished.

STS44 04-16-2006 06:49 AM

Things have a way evening out don't they? Knights lost Bolland for 4 games then Owen Sound loses a couple of top stars as well. One team overcame the adversity and the other didn't. Is Drummond on fire or what? Hope he keeps this up with Bolland back in the lineup. A VERY tough series with Guelph coming up starting Thursday. The Storm have played London tough all season ....

JrHockeyFan 04-16-2006 07:24 AM

Absolutely

Quote:

Originally Posted by STS44
Things have a way evening out don't they? Knights lost Bolland for 4 games then Owen Sound loses a couple of top stars as well. One team overcame the adversity and the other didn't. Is Drummond on fire or what? Hope he keeps this up with Bolland back in the lineup. A VERY tough series with Guelph coming up starting Thursday. The Storm have played London tough all season ....

Drummond stepped up as did Kosty. Beaulieu and Foreman coming back with injuries and contributing also pllayed a nhuge role. Dennis stopped some scoring at key points that could have tipped the scales. But Ouzas played well too.

Besides not having Bolland, London had to deal with all the distractions that came with it. When you add it all up, it was a great effort on their part.

shawnmullin 04-16-2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STS44

I don't think that's really fair though. London loses Bolland, which is of course a tough break, but at least for the games he was suspended they could replace him in the lineup. When the Attack lost both d-men, they're playing with 4 men on the point for the rest of the game.

Still, London is the better team.

CharlieGirl 04-16-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
So does this

My comment was about the thread title.... sorry if that offends you, but I believe in celebrating a team's achievements vs slamming another team.

Rather than 'goodbye OS' wouldn't it have been (dare I use the "c" word) classier to state that London won their series?

JrHockeyFan 04-16-2006 10:47 AM

Come on, you are better than this.

Quote:

My comment was about the thread title.... sorry if that offends you, but I believe in celebrating a team's achievements vs slamming another team.

Rather than 'goodbye OS' wouldn't it have been (dare I use the "c" word) classier to state that London won their series?

Funny, you replied to:

"Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
You just may. I dunno who the other conference has to offer."

Which slammed his admission of ignorance of the other division, instead of (dare I use the C word) being classy and acknowledging his positive comments that London did well to beat OS without Bolland. Or aren't you going to celebrate London's achievements?

You misread the guy. Why not just admit it.

FearTheFlyers 04-16-2006 10:49 AM

Quote:

Funny, you replied to:

Which slammed his admission of ignorance of the other division, instead of (dare I use the C word) being classy and acknowledging his positive comments that London did well to beat OS without Bolland.

Yeah, and the two comments have absolutely no relation to each other.

JrHockeyFan 04-16-2006 10:56 AM

Not sure where you are coming from

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Yeah, and the two comments have absolutely no relation to each other.

Not following what you are saying

FearTheFlyers 04-16-2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

Not following what you are saying

I think that perphaps C_G is pointing out that for someone who is clearly not a big fan to start a thread like this with a less than positive title is a bit arrogant.

Maybe the reason real Knights fans ( who are great) get a bad rep.

Personally, I couldn't care less. What's the point in winning if you can't gloat a bit.

JrHockeyFan 04-16-2006 12:38 PM

Well

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
I think that perphaps C_G is pointing out that for someone who is clearly not a big fan to start a thread like this with a less than positive title is a bit arrogant.

Maybe the reason real Knights fans ( who are great) get a bad rep.

Personally, I couldn't care less. What's the point in winning if you can't gloat a bit.

I am not much of a gloater, but I am happy they won.

I'm not sure the guy was being arrogant. I am not even sure he is a Knights fan either since he didn't want to be "lumped" with us. But I can see your point.

On the other hand, CG could have made herself clearer. Some times short posts sound clever but start arguments.

firstroundbust 04-16-2006 08:35 PM

from the sounds of it, sanguinetti and sekeraj were taken out by dirty hits...

CharlieGirl 04-16-2006 08:56 PM

Quote:

Funny, you replied to:

Which slammed his admission of ignorance of the other division, instead of (dare I use the C word) being classy and acknowledging his positive comments that London did well to beat OS without Bolland. Or aren't you going to celebrate London's achievements?

You misread the guy. Why not just admit it.

I did grab the incorrect quote. My apologies. My intention was not to slam the poster for not knowing which teams still remain in the east or who might stand between London and a berth in Moncton.

London played very well and earned their way to the next round, while missing one of the top (and in my opinion, the top) players on the team. I admit, I thought that without one of the Big Five, London might struggle. And they did... for a game. The Knights have more depth than a lot of people, including me, have given them credit for.

I'm looking forward to the series vs. Guelph - should be a great one!

Boomhower 04-16-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
from the sounds of it, sanguinetti and sekeraj were taken out by dirty hits...

Sekerej was kicked out for throwing a dirty hit, Belan's hit on Sanguinetti was questionable, but certainly a hockey play.

kov 04-17-2006 10:10 AM

Goodbye OS Attack, and thanks

All I've got to say to OS fans is thanks for the great hockey, hold your heads up high, and stay proud of a great team with a lot of heart.

FearTheFlyers 04-17-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomhower
Sekerej was kicked out for throwing a dirty hit, Belan's hit on Sanguinetti was questionable, but certainly a hockey play.

If by questionable you mean a double elbow to the head....

Anyway...bygones will be bygones.

Just didn't like his teammates congratulating him when Sanguinetti was still lying on the ice.

Boomhower 04-17-2006 12:09 PM

Actually replays show no elbow made contact with Bob's head, Belan's forearm contacted Bob's collarbone and his head hit the seam where the boards and glass meet becuase Bob crouched down. Belan came in and got him from the side, kept his feet planted and his arms down.

It was questionable, because it was by definition boarding, just like about 50% of all hockey hits... but by no means was it a dirty hockey play like Sekeraj's hit on Kell.

London Knights 04-17-2006 12:50 PM

Full marks to the Attack though. They took it to 6 games which is what I figured they would be able to do if they played well. In the end London's ability to score wore them down, but they gave a heck of an effort until the very end.

That being said, the Knights will be joining the Attack on the golf greens in two weeks time if they don't start to play more consistent when they go up against MacDonald. He has had the Knights number ever since that trade and they are going to have to step it up to get past Guelph.