HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Luca Cereda injured (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=24283)

devilman 10-31-2003 01:54 AM

Luca Cereda injured

What happened to him, is there any word when he can come back to the Baby Leafs line-up?
Thx for the info!

ULF_55 10-31-2003 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilman
What happened to him, is there any word when he can come back to the Baby Leafs line-up?
Thx for the info!

I believe abdominal injury, and should be back within the next couple weeks, possibly (according the Rock Report at tmlfans) during the 5 game road trip they are starting.

Joey24 10-31-2003 01:11 PM

How did Luca get hurt??

Pinto 10-31-2003 01:18 PM

is he ever going to make the big team?

Stephen 10-31-2003 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinto80

I doubt he'll be a regular.

Joey24 11-01-2003 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinto80

Luca's Roll kinda reminds me of what McCauley was for Toronto a good penalty killer. Luca has a good defensive game and plays well away from the puck something I never would have thought when he first came over. I don't think it is to late for Luca to turn his career around and become the offensive player he was suposto be when he was drafted but there is a extremely thin chance of that happening or at least I think so any how.
Will Luca make it to the NHL. Maybe I think he has a shot as I said he does have a good defensive game so that may land him a 3rd line roll.

sjmapleleafsfan 11-01-2003 06:15 AM

Cereda

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey24
Luca's Roll kinda reminds me of what McCauley was for Toronto a good penalty killer. Luca has a good defensive game and plays well away from the puck something I never would have thought when he first came over. I don't think it is to late for Luca to turn his career around and become the offensive player he was suposto be when he was drafted but there is a extremely thin chance of that happening or at least I think so any how.
Will Luca make it to the NHL. Maybe I think he has a shot as I said he does have a good defensive game so that may land him a 3rd line roll.

Joey24,
I agree Cereda's game does remind me of McCauley's in that he is a good penalty killer, plays a good defensive game and plays well away from the puck. I also agree that Cereda can definitely turn his career around, but I do not think that it is too late. We have to remember that the coaching staff used Cereda in a defensive role, hard to change back and forth. Cereda played great against the Providence Bruins in the playoffs a few years ago, but he was getting the ice time and allowed to create offensively.

sjmapleleafsfan