HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Semin,10 shots, #1 star (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=24490)

txpd 10-31-2003 04:34 PM

Semin,10 shots, #1 star

I guess Semin won't be scratched for a while. That might well be the swan song for Kip Miller. 13:41 ice time and 10 shots on goal. I guess I am now asking, if he had that kind of game in him why has been watching from the press box?

st_roland 10-31-2003 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd
I guess Semin won't be scratched for a while. That might well be the swan song for Kip Miller. 13:41 ice time and 10 shots on goal. I guess I am now asking, if he had that kind of game in him why has been watching from the press box?

Because Bruce Cassidy sucks. 'nuff said

CapitalsCupFantasy 10-31-2003 05:42 PM

I was there (2-0 now while I'm at MCI)

A lot of those shots were not quality shots, but he played very well. Great move on the goal. Nobody expected that.

Is it just me or does he look slow out there? I guess he has a deceptive stride.

I was really impressed in the first period. 20 shots has to be a long time high in shots for one period. Also the crowd while small, was pretty vocal. Last 1:30 of the game we were all standing and cheering. Good moment for the Caps. Makes me feel a little better.

ashaddcola 11-01-2003 01:59 AM

What were the "real"...."announced"....and "official" attendance figures?

txpd 11-01-2003 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanwon
A lot of those shots were not quality shots, but he played very well. Great move on the goal. Nobody expected that.

Is it just me or does he look slow out there? I guess he has a deceptive stride.

I was really impressed in the first period. 20 shots has to be a long time high in shots for one period. Also the crowd while small, was pretty vocal. Last 1:30 of the game we were all standing and cheering. Good moment for the Caps. Makes me feel a little better.

quality shots?
1. one was a rebound at the doorstep, one was from the slot on the pp, one a loose puck in the slot, one was the goal, one was the two on one with Jagr, one of his 3rd period shots was on the doorstep. That's 6 and doesn't count the shot at the far top corner that he missed high.
I think 10 shots on goal when it taken some of our best players 6 games to get that many, quality or not is impessive.
when he flashed thru the entire thrashers pk squad he didn't look slow at all. what i also noticed was no hesitation what so ever. I have read where Bondra has told him not to think twice. Shoot the puck. Bondra was passing up chances to pass him the puck. I could see where that line could be dangerous every night.

NHL2Nite 11-01-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd
quality shots?
1. one was a rebound at the doorstep, one was from the slot on the pp, one a loose puck in the slot, one was the goal, one was the two on one with Jagr, one of his 3rd period shots was on the doorstep. That's 6 and doesn't count the shot at the far top corner that he missed high.
I think 10 shots on goal when it taken some of our best players 6 games to get that many, quality or not is impessive.
when he flashed thru the entire thrashers pk squad he didn't look slow at all. what i also noticed was no hesitation what so ever. I have read where Bondra has told him not to think twice. Shoot the puck. Bondra was passing up chances to pass him the puck. I could see where that line could be dangerous every night.

sounds to me like he should of had a 4 goal game. how can you miss that many quality scoring chances? its ok though i love semin(the player)

CapitalsCupFantasy 11-01-2003 10:12 AM

Not that I want to argue

But,

"he flashed thru the entire thrashers pk squad "

He actually made it past one guy when he had the puck.

He had a good game, and hopefully many more. 10 shots were impressive, and he did hit one post on the 2 on 1 with Jagr (Semin should have shot earlier IMO though). He was pretty much left alone by Atlanta. He should start to get more defensive coverage now. We'll see how he handles that.

As far as the attendance figures. I didn't hear the anounced, but I bet the place was just over half full.

txpd 11-01-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL2Nite
sounds to me like he should of had a 4 goal game. how can you miss that many quality scoring chances? its ok though i love semin(the player)

He is a rookie. thats a good reason. nurminin played well, too.
but yes, it could have been a hat trick game for sure.