HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Personnel changes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=245228)

TheKingPin 04-23-2006 08:09 PM

Personnel changes

After the game Hitch said that he wold be making personnel changes to get his team up to speed. To me that means a literal change to get speeder players. I see Brasher comming out for Eager and savage for Radio... Any other ideas/ predictions? Potulny?

GKJ 04-23-2006 08:22 PM

Eager's *** will be firmly planted on the bench if he is dressed, same with Potulny. Hitchock NEVER plays rookies in the playoffs and only plays Carter, Richards, Umberger and Meyer because he has to

TheKingPin 04-23-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Eager's *** will be firmly planted on the bench if he is dressed, same with Potulny. Hitchock NEVER plays rookies in the playoffs and only plays Carter, Richards, Umberger and Meyer because he has to

thats true but with our team as hurt as they are and with a long series possible we cant have people just sitting on the bench, i think Eager should at least dress and try him if he proves well then go with him.

capn89* 04-23-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514

I'm glad you know what he's going to do, we'd be absolutely lost without your insight Nostradamus. :)

sansan 04-23-2006 08:49 PM

Face it guys, we see something in Eager that Hitch clearly doesn't. I don't know why that would change now when the stakes are even higher than before.

RoDu 04-23-2006 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyersphan
After the game Hitch said that he wold be making personnel changes to get his team up to speed. To me that means a literal change to get speeder players. I see Brasher comming out for Eager and savage for Radio... Any other ideas/ predictions? Potulny?

Links?

TheKingPin 04-23-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
Links?

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/spo...y/14409308.htm

BobbyClarkeFan16 04-23-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
I'm glad you know what he's going to do, we'd be absolutely lost without your insight Nostradamus. :)

Yeah, but GKJ is right though. Hitch's reluctance to use rookies is going to be his downfall. You never know what these kids can do and it isn't as if these kids don't have any sort of talent. These are talented youngsters who are stapled to the bench because Hitch has to use his grizzled veterans because they've been there. Just to give an example, look how poor Desjardins played in game one. He was absolutely terrible. Yet, there he is on the ice for the game winner and if the puck didn't go in, he was going to go off for a hooking infraction anyways. As well, Hitch always seems to make time for a stiff like Brashear, who has absolutely 0 value during the playoffs. Yet, someone like Potulny, who sits on the bench or in the press box, is left to watch as that moron continues to get a chance to play. Why do you think that is? Andrew Peters? Please.

Nope, Hitch is once again trying to prove to all the hockey critics out there that his outdated system will still work in the new NHL and will continue to prove just how much of a horse's *** he is as he continues to sit some of our talented youngsters just so that his prized veterans or 'boys' continue to log all sorts of minutes.

BringBackStevens 04-23-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Yeah, but GKJ is right though. Hitch's reluctance to use rookies is going to be his downfall. You never know what these kids can do and it isn't as if these kids don't have any sort of talent. These are talented youngsters who are stapled to the bench because Hitch has to use his grizzled veterans because they've been there. Just to give an example, look how poor Desjardins played in game one. He was absolutely terrible. Yet, there he is on the ice for the game winner and if the puck didn't go in, he was going to go off for a hooking infraction anyways. As well, Hitch always seems to make time for a stiff like Brashear, who has absolutely 0 value during the playoffs. Yet, someone like Potulny, who sits on the bench or in the press box, is left to watch as that moron continues to get a chance to play. Why do you think that is? Andrew Peters? Please.

Nope, Hitch is once again trying to prove to all the hockey critics out there that his outdated system will still work in the new NHL and will continue to prove just how much of a horse's *** he is as he continues to sit some of our talented youngsters just so that his prized veterans or 'boys' continue to log all sorts of minutes.

do you just want to make a sticky post, and link to it everytime you talk, since its the same thing everytime anyway? At least it would save me some reading time

BringBackStevens 04-23-2006 10:52 PM

i want to see radio in, wouldnt mind eager but i think it's a lot to ask of him to come in and play mistake free hockey in such an intense environment when he hasnt play much with the big club

VIVASAINTMARTIN30 04-23-2006 11:03 PM

It does not matter what changes Hitchcock makes. Desjardins has been done for years, the game now is much to fats for Hatcher to handle and bottom line their goaltending is average at best. Miller and Biron are both better than any goaltender on the Flyers roster. If you know hockey, you would know this to be true.

Keep praying that the Sabres Power Play stays in a funk.

1975 FOREVER!

Dig Out Your Soul 04-23-2006 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylez19
i want to see radio in, wouldnt mind eager but i think it's a lot to ask of him to come in and play mistake free hockey in such an intense environment when he hasnt play much with the big club

I want them both in, Brashear and Savage out. But, that will never happen.

King Fish 04-24-2006 07:06 AM

I would assume Radio will be in for Brash. Although I'd rather see Eager as he is faster, much more physical, can fight if necessary.

Lupul* 04-24-2006 12:01 PM

TSN reports that Eager will take the place of Brashear.

CharlieGirl 04-24-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COTA
TSN reports that Eager will take the place of Brashear.

I can live with that... as long as Benji doesn't start taking stupid penalties. I love the energy he brings to the table.

bioman85* 04-24-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl
I can live with that... as long as Benji doesn't start taking stupid penalties. I love the energy he brings to the table.

Even if he does take bad penalties, so does Brashear - and Eager has more heart than Brash does, so it's a win-win I think.

TheKingPin 04-24-2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bioman85
Even if he does take bad penalties, so does Brashear - and Eager has more heart than Brash does, so it's a win-win I think.

Its been a little bit since ive seen Eager play multiple games for us. I dont remember him taking any penalties other than fighting majors. Brasher has gotten a lot better in that area but he is still prone to it, more so than Eager id say. I say great move by the Flyers as Eager could be our version of Grier and could lay some hurting on Maxim, Briere, Drury, Connolly and the bunch. Not to mention he had 8 points while he was up here and i could see him getting more as he should help our forchecking game.

sansan 04-24-2006 01:09 PM

Eager will not get penalties because he is Eager while Brash will often get penalties simply because he is Brash. I think it's a good move.

Roger's Pancreas* 04-24-2006 01:24 PM

Eager and Umberger are in, fantastic.

RoDu 04-24-2006 01:29 PM

On a side note, in my NHL PS2 playoff sim, Ben Eager scored the 4-2 GWG in my game 2, on a brake away feed from Zeus

jb** 04-24-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
On a side note, in my NHL PS2 playoff sim, Ben Eager scored the 4-2 GWG in my game 2, on a brake away feed from Zeus

I glad he is in there as well. Ben Eager will not be the difference between the Flyers winning or losing so lets not get to carried away. Hopefully in the limited shifts that he has he can throw his body around hopefully get his team going.

bioman85* 04-24-2006 01:44 PM

Hmm, when I simmed it on my PC, I pulled Buffalo's goalie and scored 15 empty net goals, won 15-2

Flyer4Life 04-24-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO
I glad he is in there as well. Ben Eager will not be the difference between the Flyers winning or losing so lets not get to carried away. Hopefully in the limited shifts that he has he can throw his body around hopefully get his team going.

:clap: Good point. Although it's nice to speculate on whats going to happen after all thats why were all here

HoverCarle* 04-24-2006 03:36 PM

you know hes goinjg after cambell. id say he and RJ are friends from phantoms and this year on philly when we had the eager-carter-umberger line.

jb** 04-24-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovercraft
you know hes goinjg after cambell. id say he and RJ are friends from phantoms and this year on philly when we had the eager-carter-umberger line.

That would be stupid and dumb unless the outcome of the game is already decided. Killing off 9 penalties was great. We know this team lack any sense of consistency so I wouldn’t press my luck with a parade to the penalty box.