HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Gameday thread: Capitals @ Wild, Nov. 1 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=24525)

theo6060 10-31-2003 08:52 PM

Gameday thread: Capitals @ Wild, Nov. 1

Minny record 4-6-1.
Washington record 1-7-1.

I'll go with the obvious prediction, since Gaborik signed the team will now be pumped and have confidence beaming from them. They'll think that with Gaborik back they'll have to play better defense and Gaborik and Dupuis will get some timely goals. Get back to last season (as far as winning is concerned).

Washington 1 Minnesota 4

Goals by Dupuis (2), Brunette and Daigle.

DW 11-01-2003 06:33 AM

Well, Washington is playing a home-away back-to-back with the Wild. The Wild just signed Gaborik, the team should be juiced. However, the Caps played well last night. So 3-3 is what I'm predicting. I wonder if Gabs will play though, the paper made it sound like he was out of shape. What I'm really wondering is if Manny will play again tonight. That would make it 4 nights in a row.

Goals by PMB, Kuba, Dupuis.

Kristofer 11-01-2003 06:40 AM

Wild 3 Caps 2

Goals by Brandner, Brunette and Bouchard.

MN_Gopher 11-01-2003 06:49 AM

Wild 5 WAS 3

Dupuis, Gab, Roche, Brunno 2

ceber 11-01-2003 08:36 AM

Haven't paid much attention to the Caps this season. Has their goaltending been OK?

I'm guessing Gabby plays, limited ice time.

Wild 3 (Park, Brunette, Kuba), Caps 2 (Gonchar and Bondra)

DW 11-01-2003 12:49 PM

Until there game last night, the Caps had an 8 game winless streak. I watched them last night for some reason and they played well. Goaltending was average before last night IMO.

To be honest, this should be a stomping type game with all that's going on around this area the last couple of days. We'll see in a few hours.

Foppa_Rules 11-01-2003 07:35 PM

Too bad your gabs wasn't in the lineup. I hope he's there on tuesday, cuz the Avs need to beat him.

Surly Furious 11-02-2003 07:01 AM

Well, after my first look at the Wild this season, I have to say I am impressed. Granted, the Caps were tired and aren't the best team, but I thought the Wild had some great energy and created a lot of good chances. Brandner-Chouinard-Daigle is a great addition. Man, Marc Chouinard is strong - he doesn't do a lot of grinding, but the few times i saw him go at it last night people were falling off him like nothing. Bouchard, WOW, that moves he put on behind the net before the disallowed goal by Park, the guy is insanely quick. He seemed totally fearless going into the corners as well, and his quickness allowed him to come out with the puck on numerous occasions. Once Gaborik and Dupuis get back into game shape, thses guys could be dangerous.