HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The "new" NHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=245706)

donelikedinner 04-25-2006 01:38 AM

The "new" NHL
 
does it stand for National Ringette League? and what the f^&k is the nhl telling its ref's? :madfire:

the ************* of the nhl in the name of a friendlier game is insult to all previous generations of players who gave their blood, sweat and tears :shakehead

bettman, dig out the rule book marked 19-whatever and bring back hockey to its roots - skate, hit, shoot, & score because todays game is skate, powerplay, powerplay, score, hit and get a penalty, powerplay & more powerplays :madfire:

Dirk316 04-25-2006 01:50 AM

i disagree the new NHL is just spectacular i love 5-3's so much and its great they want to take hitting and fighting out because my mom hates that. :sarcasm:

chi777 04-25-2006 01:55 AM

ask umberger where the hitting is. maybe if your team could keep up you could hit somebody. instead of getting them when their back is turned or after the whistle.

donelikedinner 04-25-2006 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk316
i disagree the new NHL is just spectacular i love 5-3's so much and its great they want to take hitting and fighting out because my mom hates that. :sarcasm:

don't worry, when your mom's other testical drops she'll want the hitting and fighting back :D

PRB 04-25-2006 06:10 AM

I like the new NHL and the higher scoring. The rules are the same for everyone and everyones had the same amount of time to adapt. The NHL is no excuse.

capn89* 04-25-2006 10:19 AM

Brashear is right, the new nhl is "gay."

jcpenny 04-25-2006 11:16 AM

I know its hard when your team loses but ive seen some awsome games with plenty of physical play: OTT-Bolts, MTL-Car, EDM-DET, COL-DAL and even BUF-PHI
the difference now is just that u cant cheat to hit anymore, if u cant skate u get burn and philly is just too slow.

toeknee24 04-25-2006 11:18 AM

Every team has had to adapt why is it that the Flyers have had such a hard time?

The new NHL is great, just ask Gagne, when was the last time he had a season this good?

BringBackStevens 04-25-2006 11:38 AM

i don't like it one bit. and i'll admit its mostly because i have to watch this flyers team play in it.

aki 04-25-2006 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
Brashear is right, the new nhl is "gay."

That's because he can't play in it. Like Hatcher. And Rathje. And Therrien. etc. etc. etc.

Takeo 04-25-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donelikedinner
the ************* of the nhl in the name of a friendlier game is insult to all previous generations of players who gave their blood, sweat and tears :shakehead

Actually, it's a detriment to teams that were constructed in the name of size, physicality, and puck control which seems to be the real reason why you're angry. The Buffalo/Philly series is far from over, but at this point I think criticism would be better directed toward Bobby Clarke who continues to acquire a certain brand of player. The league has introduced a new framework in which every team is adjusting. It's the organization's responsibility to use insight when making those adjustments.

stazza18 04-25-2006 02:12 PM

Cmon, you can't say the new NHL stinks because of the defense our team has. I mean that is the whole problem. The hitting is still there as is the other great aspects of the game. All the hooking and holding that defined the 90's made the league a joke. If you need to wrap your stick around someone to keep up with him instead of skating and checking him, then maybe it is time to start finding another line of work. Maybe Clarke should've believed the league when they said that they were going to call this stuff from here on out.

Steve L* 04-25-2006 02:22 PM

The new NHL might actually be good if we had competent officials.

All thats happened if that they are making 10 times as many mistakes as before. Right now, Im baffled by the officiating in all games Ive watched, I literally dont know what is and what isnt a penalty anymore.

Its a lot worse to call a phantom penalty than it is to not call something that could have been a penalty. Especially when our PK sucks donley balls. :D

CNote 04-25-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo
Actually, it's a detriment to teams that were constructed in the name of size, physicality, and puck control which seems to be the real reason why you're angry. The Buffalo/Philly series is far from over, but at this point I think criticism would be better directed toward Bobby Clarke who continues to acquire a certain brand of player. The league has introduced a new framework in which every team is adjusting. It's the organization's responsibility to use insight when making those adjustments.

True. I like the new brand of hockey (except for the excessive amount of 5-3's). That Colorado-Dallas game last night was frickin' fantastic! Pure skill!

The Flyers will be ok, there's a reason it's a best of seven. It seems like hockey is the only sport where you're "out of it" if you're down 2 games heading home...weird. It could be worse, we could be Carolina!

If it doesn't work out this year, we re-tool for next year.

Broad st phantom 04-25-2006 02:32 PM

i think they have been going over the edge with it. yes our team plays old school hockey and there revolving the rules under the superstars. I see it as a joke from "some" of the calls the past 2 nights. We just need to learn how adapt because complainig is not going to get us anywhere.

c3po 04-25-2006 02:39 PM

The new NHL sucks period. There's no five on five hockey anymore, the majority of the games are powerplays. That's not hockey, european pansys are the only ones who enjoy this new NHL.

usual suspects 04-25-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo
Actually, it's a detriment to teams that were constructed in the name of size, physicality, and puck control which seems to be the real reason why you're angry. The Buffalo/Philly series is far from over, but at this point I think criticism would be better directed toward Bobby Clarke who continues to acquire a certain brand of player. The league has introduced a new framework in which every team is adjusting. It's the organization's responsibility to use insight when making those adjustments.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I had this convesation this morning with a couple Flyer fans in my office. They feel the same way.

The physical play is still there, there have been some great hits. (Ask RJ) I agree though there have been some bad calls but that's not anything new even under the "old" rules. Bad calls is always happen, get used to it. If you can't skate you can't play, the slow and stong player is being replaced with the fast, strong and creative player. The Flyers have skilled and fast players but there are some players who are a liability because they are not. The teams with the best balance will suceed.I just think there are too many powerplays but this is year 1 and teams will be built to better play within the newer rules unlike other teams. I understand if you are frustrated, hey Im a Bruins fan.

FlyersFanJS 04-25-2006 02:44 PM

why is that people who support the new NHL believe that those of us who do not do so because the Flyers aren't good at it???

I HATE IT!! and it has NOTHING to do with the Flyers! If you like the new NHL, FINE...but stop using the argument that "oh just cuz you guys can't keep up with the sabres blah blah blah" make a rational point and don't incorrectly characterize the proponent as doing so ONLY because of the Flyers!!!

(sorry for the rant, but that irks me to no end)

Takeo 04-25-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
why is that people who support the new NHL believe that those of us who do not do so because the Flyers aren't good at it???

I HATE IT!! and it has NOTHING to do with the Flyers! If you like the new NHL, FINE...but stop using the argument that "oh just cuz you guys can't keep up with the sabres blah blah blah" make a rational point and don't incorrectly characterize the proponent as doing so ONLY because of the Flyers!!!

(sorry for the rant, but that irks me to no end)

I didn't mean to over-generalize. But it seemed as though the criticism herein surfaced at a convenient time.

That being said, it's completely understandable that not everyone will like the 'new NHL' in general.

Jarko2004 04-25-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belfast Giants
I like the new NHL and the higher scoring. The rules are the same for everyone and everyones had the same amount of time to adapt. The NHL is no excuse.


Why do people think there is more scoring. There is just more powerplays. It's articial scoring.

Lupul* 04-25-2006 03:01 PM

There needs to be a compromise between the old and new NHL. I love that teams can come back from two and three goal deficits, but I hate all the penalties. I'm not sure what could be done though.

joshjull 04-25-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarko2004
Why do people think there is more scoring. There is just more powerplays. It's articial scoring.

:huh: Artificial? There were no PP in the old NHL? Its an adjustment period for the players, coaches, management and officials. Some team adjusted better than others. In a 1 or 2 years many of the slower and one dimensional players will be gone. As for those who say the physical element is gone, IMO your wrong. There have been a lot of big hits this year. Mostly because forcheckers aren't held up and can come in at full speed. I don't like the drop in fighting. But about halfway through the season fighting picked up a bit. The guys that are fighting are actually guys that can play on Buffalo it was Mair and Gaustad, Peters rarely played. Philly's issues to me are less "new" NHL and more lack of discipline. Also, not having KP and KJ are two very large holes that haven't been filled.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.