HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Poll: Should Picard play Game 3 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=245780)

DXFlyers 04-25-2006 10:16 AM

Poll: Should Picard play Game 3

He is young. Yes he lacks NHL experience on a long term. But this kid is young, fast, and an asset to scorers. Should he play Game 3 and salvage what is our D?

MojoJojo 04-25-2006 10:18 AM

Well, if the goat is suspended he might have to. I consider that an improvement BTW.

GKJ 04-25-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Well, if the goat is suspended he might have to. I consider that an improvement BTW.

Randy Jones is next in line

pelts35.com 04-25-2006 10:35 AM

How about moving Kapanen to the blueline? If Primeau is truly coming back, he needs a roster spot.

RoDu 04-25-2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Randy Jones is next in line

:thumbd:

VaFlyer 04-25-2006 10:46 AM

Game 3 - No. If we lose Game 3, I think we need to look at it as an opportunity to get as many young guys into their first playoff game as possible in Game 4. Use game 4 as prep for the guys for next year.

GKJ 04-25-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaFlyer
Game 3 - No. If we lose Game 3, I think we need to look at it as an opportunity to get as many young guys into their first playoff game as possible in Game 4. Use game 4 as prep for the guys for next year.

or you can not quit and continue to put their best foot forward. I wonder what the 20,000 people that will be at Game 4 think of your suggestion after paying pretty good money to go to a playoff game, should we lose game 3

RoDu 04-25-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
or you can not quit and continue to put their best foot forward. I wonder what the 20,000 people that will be at Game 4 think of your suggestion after paying pretty good money to go to a playoff game, should we lose game 3

Quit? How about just playing with some heart and pride?

jb** 04-25-2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com
How about moving Kapanen to the blueline? If Primeau is truly coming back, he needs a roster spot.

Take it for what it is worth but Al Morganti said last night he thinks they should . Not sure if he said he thinks they will. But yes I put in Picard. Let him play they stuck in in the AHL finals last year right out of juniors. Something needs to be done to add a little speed.

chthonic 04-25-2006 11:03 AM

jones sucks. i like kapanen back there. he did good last playoffs, and we need his speed.

FlyersHomer DM03 04-25-2006 11:04 AM

Picard is a step or two quicker than the rest of our defense and maybe we can put his awesome shot on our blueline for some PP's

South Beach 04-25-2006 11:10 AM

Go with Jones.

Meathead 04-25-2006 11:14 AM

nm

BringBackStevens 04-25-2006 11:40 AM

if i see jones playing in these playoffs im going to puke. if gauthier is out play picard. play picard even if gauthier is in, and tell ratchje to go get his surgery so hes not awful next season

Kruschiki 04-25-2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com

I hear this a lot and question it's wisdom. Why would you move a natural forward to a defensive position against a team that just turned every defensive miscue in the 1st period into a goal?

It's rare that a forward can move back to that spot and make the transition smoothly. I seem to remember Federov doing it a couple years back, but it was during the regular season, and for Bowman.

TheKingPin 04-25-2006 12:24 PM

It sucks, and i never thought id ever say this, byt Rico has to be benched he is just out of this world bad in the alst few games. HE has to be hurt or distarcted.

I say start Eager and Radio once Umberger gets back and put Kapanen on Dfence, thier forwards arnt that big anyway Meyer seems effective against them. Then put Picard in for Rathje, he is also out there for too many goals.

TheKingPin 04-25-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
I hear this a lot and question it's wisdom. Why would you move a natural forward to a defensive position against a team that just turned every defensive miscue in the 1st period into a goal?

It's rare that a forward can move back to that spot and make the transition smoothly. I seem to remember Federov doing it a couple years back, but it was during the regular season, and for Bowman.

kapanen already did it smoothly and he plays the point on the PP anyway.

South Beach 04-25-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylez19
if i see jones playing in these playoffs im going to puke. if gauthier is out play picard. play picard even if gauthier is in, and tell ratchje to go get his surgery so hes not awful next season

Don't watch then and here's the kleenex.

BringBackStevens 04-25-2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South Beach
Don't watch then and here's the kleenex.

what?

NJFlyer42 04-25-2006 12:59 PM

No way. First, why throw the kid into this mess right now. Second, they're problem has more to with being out of position and making the wrong decisions, something he would be more prone to.

HoverCarle* 04-25-2006 01:13 PM

hitch should sit every vet hes angry with put in potulny and ruzicka and jones and picard.

Roger's Pancreas* 04-25-2006 02:20 PM

Simply put, hell no.

MojoJojo 04-25-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj@jj.com

Kapanen is very competent at the position. The knock on him is that he is too small to be an NHL defenseman, but in today's game, his speed might be the more important asset on the blue line. If he played over Jones I would not mind at all.

chthonic 04-25-2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovercraft
hitch should sit every vet hes angry with put in potulny and ruzicka and jones and picard.

a bad attempt at humor?

DeleteThisAccount 04-25-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chthonic
a bad attempt at humor?

Probably. A four-man AHL team wouldn't go very far. ;)