HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   We saw there best So dont worry (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=246493)

#44_delivers 04-27-2006 02:20 AM

We saw there best So dont worry

just a little note, its wednsday, were up 2-0 in the series canes NEED to win or else there pretty much toast.

so what you saw on wednsday night was there absolute best (and we still out played them)

without a 22 year old goalie named ward and an intangible zebra advantage we would have killed them.

now lets look at where this series has brought us for game 4

were up 2-1 in the series

we completely took over home ice advantage

we took there number one goalie and turned him into an ahl backup

now heres what i think will happen HABS in 5
next game we will destroy Ward, which will cuase another goaltending controversy for game 5 and we will destroy Gerber in that game

HAVE NO WORRY CANES SUCK. HABS IN 5

Galchenyuk x 27 04-27-2006 02:24 AM

u must be smokin some good stuff

this series aint over, not by a long shot!

Mike8 04-27-2006 02:28 AM

I don't think we saw Carolina's best. Some good things Carolina started doing in the third (on occasion):

- started using their outside speed coming down on Souray's side of the ice, exposing his lack of mobility (and his injury)

- their defensemen started holding the line in the offensive zone with a forward in support. This meant they did a better job of hemming the Habs in their own zone, and took away the quick-pass that Montreal wingers had been doing to the center

- started forechecking with more authority. Not enough yet, but more.

If they build on these three, and especially start forechecking harder, I expect Montreal defensemen to have serious issues when moving the puck.

Mike8 04-27-2006 02:30 AM

Oh, and for all the easy skating Montreal did in the Carolina zone, how many of those shots were entirely visible to Ward? I'd wager most if not all were visible. There was no traffic in front. This is where Ryder, Higgins, even Bulis need to step up.

When Zednik's driving the net, Perezhogin or Plekanec need to trail him to look for rebounds.

As usual, the best way to beat a hot goaltender is to get traffic in front of him, shoot to create rebounds and get the puck top shelf on the rebound opportunity.

Stefan 04-27-2006 02:39 AM

If only Ryder's shot in first, or Bouillon's breakaway went in. We wouldn't have to talk about the Koivu non-call... ah well life goes on, Habs in 6.

Galchenyuk x 27 04-27-2006 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
If only Ryder's shot in first, or Bouillon's breakaway went in. We wouldn't have to talk about the Koivu non-call... ah well life goes on, Habs in 6.

if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle

cant live life by saying IF

Stefan 04-27-2006 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96

No.... obviously not. But we all sit here saying what IF the Koivu high stick was called. I'm saying if the Habs burried their chances it'd be a non-issue...

Galchenyuk x 27 04-27-2006 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
No.... obviously not. But we all sit here saying what IF the Koivu high stick was called. I'm saying if the Habs burried their chances it'd be a non-issue...

I didnt say what IF the high stick was called, so we are not all sitting here saying that.

I know, it was obvious he got high sticked, the ref didnt see it, and he didnt call it after he saw the blood either. He made a mistake. He's a human, none of us are pefect. Does it suck that it happend against us? yes for sure, but we cant do nothing about it.

and since ur on topic of IF.. what if it was called? we go on a 4 minute PP, ok and? does this mean we score 2 goals and win the game? no, it doesnt. the game is 60 minutes long, We only played 40. we didnt deserve to win because we didnt finish our chances.

#44_delivers 04-27-2006 02:52 AM

Quote:

what IF she is a hermaphrodite? So i guess you can live life with ifs :dunno:

Stefan 04-27-2006 03:10 AM

Quote:

I didnt say what IF the high stick was called, so we are not all sitting here saying that.

I know, it was obvious he got high sticked, the ref didnt see it, and he didnt call it after he saw the blood either. He made a mistake. He's a human, none of us are pefect. Does it suck that it happend against us? yes for sure, but we cant do nothing about it.

and since ur on topic of IF.. what if it was called? we go on a 4 minute PP, ok and? does this mean we score 2 goals and win the game? no, it doesnt. the game is 60 minutes long, We only played 40. we didnt deserve to win because we didnt finish our chances.

Right again, but a key problem with your post - I never talked about what IF the Koivu penalty was called... I more blamed tonight on not being able to burry our chances. Just scroll up and you'll see that. I haven't blamed tonight on the officials, not once.

Rather Gingerly 1* 04-27-2006 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
just a little note, its wednsday, were up 2-0 in the series canes NEED to win or else there pretty much toast.

so what you saw on wednsday night was there absolute best (and we still out played them)

without a 22 year old goalie named ward and an intangible zebra advantage we would have killed them.

now lets look at where this series has brought us for game 4

were up 2-1 in the series

we completely took over home ice advantage

we took there number one goalie and turned him into an ahl backup

now heres what i think will happen HABS in 5
next game we will destroy Ward, which will cuase another goaltending controversy for game 5 and we will destroy Gerber in that game

HAVE NO WORRY CANES SUCK. HABS IN 5

I don't know they came back strong in Game 2 also. That team must have a lot of character to come back like that. Somehow I get the feeling we are going to end up losing this series. Reminds of the Molson Meltdown series actually. When Weeks replaced Irbe and it turned all around.

We'll see but if we lose tomorrow night all of a sudden it is tied and headed back to Carolina

Netro 04-27-2006 07:35 AM

The Habs have not seen Carolina's best. Carolina now believes it can win the series. Their best is still to come.

The coaching staff has a big task ahead of them to prepare for game 4.

Pat 04-27-2006 07:46 AM

Habs can hang with the Canes no problem. 5 on 5, Habs played better hockey so far. I still think Habs will beat Canes in 6.
Ward played awesome yesterday, no arguement there. BUT Ward was beaten on some occasions, the puck just didn't roll Habs way yesterday.

-the 3 on 1 on the penalty, Sundstrom shoots instead of passing
-Bouillon's break, shoots instead of trying to make Ward make the first move
-the shot were the Carolina's D (don't remember who it was) stopped the puck from going into the net.
-which Hab hit the post in the first period???

Habs can beat Canes, no doubt in my mind. yesterday was one just one of those games you can't no matter what

HABS IN 6 :yo:

TheDamned 04-27-2006 08:57 AM

Kovalev didn't do **** yesterday, he needs to step up, esp. when Koivu is not there.

Anksun 04-27-2006 09:39 AM

We beat Ward 3 times yesterday. An inside post that goes into the corner and another post which the defenseman save.

Habs PP is almost at 30% against the Canes, 4 mins for the Koivu injury and a 2 mins elsewhere ('cause honestly, they missed a hell of a lot of calls), and we got another statistic goal...

Luck and PP time won the game for the Canes yesterday. I'm not worry.

jcpenny 04-27-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netro
The Habs have not seen Carolina's best. Carolina now believes it can win the series. Their best is still to come.

The coaching staff has a big task ahead of them to prepare for game 4.

We wont see more from Carolina than weve seen in the past three games. The Habs elevated their level of play and Carolina cannot handle it, period.

HabsBaby18* 04-27-2006 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
I don't know they came back strong in Game 2 also. That team must have a lot of character to come back like that.

same thing for us ... we came back from a 4*3 deficit in the 3rd to take the lead in least than 36 seconds (2 quick goal) we got scored in the last 1:30 min of the 3rd ans we scored in 2nd OT. We have as much or more caracter thsn Carolina. We aint no *******

Capitano 04-27-2006 10:12 AM

We need all of our passion on friday.

Cap

ti-vite 04-27-2006 10:35 AM

I'm not worried.

Gainey/Carbo/Jarvis > Laviolette/whoever
:banana: :banana: :banana: > :dunce: :dunce:

#44_delivers 04-27-2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8
I don't think we saw Carolina's best. Some good things Carolina started doing in the third (on occasion):

- started using their outside speed coming down on Souray's side of the ice, exposing his lack of mobility (and his injury)

- their defensemen started holding the line in the offensive zone with a forward in support. This meant they did a better job of hemming the Habs in their own zone, and took away the quick-pass that Montreal wingers had been doing to the center

- started forechecking with more authority. Not enough yet, but more.

If they build on these three, and especially start forechecking harder, I expect Montreal defensemen to have serious issues when moving the puck.

buddy they were down 2-0 in the series, theres no issue of "we didnt see there best"
becuse if we didnt see there best, than we absolutly have nothing to worry about.
theres no building on anything what you saw last night from carolina is there best.

CrazyShea 04-27-2006 01:21 PM

I think we need to get some offense out of markov right about now. Don't get me wrong hes been awesome on d but i think we need him and souray to work the powerplay and get a few goals off of it. I'm also worried about whos going to be winning faceoffs against brindamour and who is going to be stepping into the habs lineup in place of koivu. Big game friday GO HABS GO

HabsBaby18* 04-27-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyshea
I think we need to get some offense out of markov right about now. Don't get me wrong hes been awesome on d but i think we need him and souray to work the powerplay and get a few goals off of it. I'm also worried about whos going to be winning faceoffs against brindamour and who is going to be stepping into the habs lineup in place of koivu. Big game friday GO HABS GO

Habs have prove to have ALOT of character. I'm not worry on Friday, we will not be scared.

Habsfan18 04-27-2006 01:25 PM

in my opinion the series isn't even close to being over.....

Mike8 04-28-2006 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
buddy they were down 2-0 in the series, theres no issue of "we didnt see there best"
becuse if we didnt see there best, than we absolutly have nothing to worry about.
theres no building on anything what you saw last night from carolina is there best.

The proof is in the pudding.

Seriously, Carolina's adjusted their game in the ways I listed earlier in this thread. In addition, Carolina's collapsing around their net and breaking out of their zone as a five-man unit. Good work by Carolina's coaches to identify the flaws in their game and move on.

Now Carolina was beating Montreal in the first period because Montreal continued to keep two forwards deep after losing the puck. They'd pinch a defenseman, put a forward back and they'd have some serious issues stopping the Carolina five-man unit coming out of the zone.

And Carolina forced turnovers in the offensive zone because they played as Montreal does: collapsing around the slot.

In the second period, the Habs adjusted by feeding the puck to the point. With Carolina collapsing around the slot, that meant more traffic in front of Ward and more time for Montreal defensemen to make a play--possibly have a shooting lane open. That's why both Hab goals came off point-shots, and why MTL defensemen took so many shots this game.

Anyway, I think we saw Carolina at close to their best in the first. Not quite their best yet, because I think Weight, Staal and Williams can be better. But it was pretty damn good.

Now Montreal needs to make some adjustments in their game and get production from more than just one line.

Begin coming back Sunday would be a massive boost to Montreal's overall gameplan, depth and attack.

LesHabsRock 04-28-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

Begin coming back Sunday would be a massive boost to Montreal's overall gameplan, depth and attack.
Agreed. Begin brings grit and energy; and is also a center. This will enable Gainey to have more options as Koivu (Center) is out.