HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Inline Hockey Skates (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=246796)

2x4* 04-27-2006 08:08 PM

Inline Hockey Skates
 
Im starting Roller Hockey up again, and need new skates.

How much of a difference do bearings make?

Im looking at these 2 pairs.

http://www.hockeygiant.com/ccm5pf4sktsr.html

http://www.hockeygiant.com/rbk4kinlsktsr.html

sc37 04-27-2006 08:15 PM

They both Abec5, shouldn't be a big diff if any. Those two pairs look pretty nice. Don't know much about CCM or RBK ones, I see a lot of Mission and Tour for inline.

The Tikkanen 04-27-2006 10:30 PM

The Reeboks are too heavy, you're better of buying Missions for around the same price.

triggrman 04-28-2006 12:29 AM

Not much of a difference between abec 3-7 when it comes to hockey...

Polska 04-28-2006 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Not much of a difference between abec 3-7 when it comes to hockey...

I find a big difference between abec 3 and 5. However, most people aren't heavy enough to really take advantage of abec 7 bearings.

triggrman 04-28-2006 12:48 AM

The biggest difference is going to be in the bearing lube, not the abec rating, I was told by a shop owner that you had to be going 40 mph to actually result a difference

Seth Lake 04-28-2006 01:22 AM

Honestly, I know there isn't a difference in the ABEC ratings when it comes to performance, but I have to say I'm 250+ and can definitely notice the difference myself. I will only skate on ABEC 7 or 9 bearings. I'll pay extra for the performance I believe I'm getting.

Wheels though...that's the big expense.

BTW, if you have a wide foot...avoid Mission skates. TOUR skates are the way to go for wide feet.

Polska 04-28-2006 01:35 AM

Who makes the lightest skate? I've never ventured outside of the Mission brand for roller.

On the abec ratings, I've never heard anything about the lube, but I can see that being important. But at 170lbs my local hockey shop recommended abec 5 saying that the I'd have to be a lot heavier to see any difference going with 7s.

hardcorejacket29 04-28-2006 03:05 AM

Get some missions, I just got a pair of the new helium line. I like them OK, not as much as some of the older missions though. I don't know how well they will hold up though, but the last pair I had, D2's I think, fell apart pretty easily.

Right about the ABEC bearing ratings though, I think 3-7 there really isn't a difference. I have 9's and I really don't feel a difference.

Stay away from the tours with all 80mm wheels though... everyone I know who have had them have complained. Don't know about the CCM's though.

hckyguy14 04-28-2006 06:13 AM

I own a pair of the PF4's and play on them 2-3 times a week and I love them! I just wish I would have gotten the wheel sizes down because now that the wheel's are wore down I have no idea what size's I need to buy!

Habsfan 32 04-28-2006 08:51 AM

Mission's.

2x4* 04-28-2006 08:53 AM

Are they that much better?

If this helps, im 190 pounds.

2x4* 04-28-2006 08:55 AM

http://www.hockeygiant.com/mishe1500sktsr.html

these look cool

The Tikkanen 04-28-2006 09:02 AM

Mission's are superior to the other brands. Go watch any elite league and most of the players will be wearing Mission. I'm talking roller, not ice. I just got the 10,000's and they are as light as my Synergy's for ice, no blisters, no break in time.

kingpest19 04-28-2006 09:42 AM

When it comes down to it you need to buy the one that fits your foot the best. No point in buying one because it has better bearing or is a little lighter if it doesnt fit your foot. Each company fits a little different than the others.

bladoww 04-28-2006 10:15 AM

As far as bearings go... 3's are probably to low for anyone except a goalie. But 5's and 7's you wont see much difference. I'd just go with 5's. The wheels are just as important if not more though.

As far as the skate. I use CCM's religiously. I usually will buy a pair of CCM ice skates, and install a frame I like. Usually my trusty Sure-grip. What I've done the past couple of times is go to HockeyMonkey and or HockeyOutlet and buy the skates that are last years, or the year before model for like half the cost. Right now I've got some Vectors that I love.

Seth Lake 04-29-2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hckyguy14
I own a pair of the PF4's and play on them 2-3 times a week and I love them! I just wish I would have gotten the wheel sizes down because now that the wheel's are wore down I have no idea what size's I need to buy!

The PF4's use 1-80 mm, 2-76mm, and 1-72mm wheel per skate. So to replace the wheels...you would need a total of 2-80mm, 4-76mm, and 2-72mm wheels.

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descp...ml?pcode=CVPF4

killerbee 04-30-2006 12:43 AM

Got a pair or CCM PF4's at Dicks sporting goods for 60 bucks. Call around, its my understanding Dicks is eliminating Inline, that its you have one nearby.

zetterberg40 05-06-2006 04:54 PM

not 1 thing reebok has made for roller is any good. There 200 dollar sticks break in inline, there skates i hear are weak if your looking to be competitive. Go tours or mission

2x4* 05-06-2006 06:20 PM

I tried on some reeboks and they felt VERY cheap.

I ended up liking the CCM Vector PF6 the best.
I also tried on Missions as well.

Qui Gon Dave 05-06-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40
not 1 thing reebok has made for roller is any good. There 200 dollar sticks break in inline, there skates i hear are weak if your looking to be competitive. Go tours or mission

not specifically made for roller but i used a 5k shaft for roller for about 6 months (played once a week) and its still fine. Only reason i stopped using it is that i had the chance to get an innovative novius, wasn't about to pass up on that. but while i used the rbk, i really liked it. people who have used it since also like it so they have managed to do something right, but i haven't used any of their other gear

zetterberg40 05-07-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave
not specifically made for roller but i used a 5k shaft for roller for about 6 months (played once a week) and its still fine. Only reason i stopped using it is that i had the chance to get an innovative novius, wasn't about to pass up on that. but while i used the rbk, i really liked it. people who have used it since also like it so they have managed to do something right, but i haven't used any of their other gear

ton of pl i know, including a kid whos getting his name sponsered on wheels hes that good, said he used it 1 shift, skated off, handed it to some kid in the stands and said enjoy... he hated it, and i dont know 1 of those TMD (team mission detroit) kids who use it cuz its a weak stick

whiplash 05-21-2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake
The PF4's use 1-80 mm, 2-76mm, and 1-72mm wheel per skate. So to replace the wheels...you would need a total of 2-80mm, 4-76mm, and 2-72mm wheels.

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descp...ml?pcode=CVPF4

stupid question probably, but do you need to have the different size wheels for the pf4?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.