HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tonight (Friday, April 28, 2006) - "Saku Chant" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=246960)

whitecalvus 04-28-2006 07:57 AM

Tonight (Friday, April 28, 2006) - "Saku Chant"

Tonight we will show the world why we are the best and classiest fans in the world.

When one of our most inspirational player goes down to injury and morale is low, we, the Montreal Canadien Fans, will raise up the team. Tonight is a night to remember as we will remind the team of who they're playing the game for. We will give them an emotional motivator.

Whether you're sitting in the Molson Ex Zone, or simply a few feet away from the action, we will raise Saku's name to the rafters. Carolina can take away our best player, the refs can blow a huge call, but no one can take away the belief in our hearts that we will prevail. Tonight we will show the world that not only do we care about hockey, but that it's OUR PASSION!! After the national anthem we will chant "SAKU SAKU SAKU" and may we be reminded:

"To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high."

Whenever the game seems to be going in the favour of Carolina, we will chant Saku's name, may this night be unforgettable, may we make this night a living hell for Carolina, may we make this night the night we rallied behind our fallen leader and Captain.

Whether you're at the game by yourself, or with your friends, CHANT HIS NAME after the national anthem, so that the nation can hear through the television, and think in their minds, "These Canadiens Fans are 1 in a million". CHANT UNTIL YOUR SECTION IS CHANTING!!!! CHANT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEE A WIN!!!! CHANT BECAUSE YOU CARE!!!!!! WE WILL BE THE 7TH PLAYER TONIGHT!!!!!! We will ROCK THIS CITY!!!!!! Tonight, we will remind the world that we are the Hockey Mecca of the World!

ARE YOU WITH US?!

AD 04-28-2006 07:58 AM

Saku Saku Saku

LePoche69 04-28-2006 08:32 AM

Dunno. I would say the opposite. The players on ice have to see how much we care for them also. We should chant every name. Every player has to become an inspirational captain for one night.

Koivu's hurt and we're with him in thoughts. But Habs were and will always be bigger than individuals. We should chant for the Habs; it would be like chanting Koivu since he's the captain. I would chant for Koivu personnaly when he'll come back.

Turbo 04-28-2006 08:38 AM

Saku! Saku! Saku! Saku! Saku! Saku!

I'll lead the cheers from the rafters!

Go :habs Go!!!!

Habs 4 Life 04-28-2006 09:21 AM

It would be nice to get a loud saku chant going

If it dosen't work we still are the best fans in the game ;)

GO HABS GO
GO HABS GO
GO HABS GO
:handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Capitano 04-28-2006 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LePoche69
Dunno. I would say the opposite. The players on ice have to see how much we care for them also. We should chant every name. Every player has to become an inspirational captain for one night.

Koivu's hurt and we're with him in thoughts. But Habs were and will always be bigger than individuals. We should chant for the Habs; it would be like chanting Koivu since he's the captain. I would chant for Koivu personnaly when he'll come back.

I'm sure they all want to win for him. It would help them and they know we're behind all of them - it's more of a rallying cry than cheering for Saku.

Cap

Dynasty 04-28-2006 09:33 AM

I know if I were there I would be chanting for Saku. I truely believe that Koivu's injury will serve to be the motivator of all motivators for the Canadiens. How could it not be????

Mike The Wall 04-28-2006 09:35 AM

I will watch the game with my 5 year old son and I will make sure we chant his name

SAKU SAKU

Capitano 04-28-2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynasty
I know if I were there I would be chanting for Saku. I truely believe that Koivu's injury will serve to be the motivator of all motivators for the Canadiens. How could it not be????

I know I'd be motivated. I've been ready for war for over a day now.

Cap

Habs4Lyfe 04-28-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big TEE
Tonight we will show the world why we are the best and classiest fans in the world.

When one of our most inspirational player goes down to injury and morale is low, we, the Montreal Canadien Fans, will raise up the team. Tonight is a night to remember as we will remind the team of who they're playing the game for. We will give them an emotional motivator.

Whether you're sitting in the Molson Ex Zone, or simply a few feet away from the action, we will raise Saku's name to the rafters. Carolina can take away our best player, the refs can blow a huge call, but no one can take away the belief in our hearts that we will prevail. Tonight we will show the world that not only do we care about hockey, but that it's OUR PASSION!! After the national anthem we will chant "SAKU SAKU SAKU" and may we be reminded:

Whenever the game seems to be going in the favour of Carolina, we will chant Saku's name, may this night be unforgettable, may we make this night a living hell for Carolina, may we make this night the night we rallied behind our fallen leader and Captain.

Whether you're at the game by yourself, or with your friends, CHANT HIS NAME after the national anthem, so that the nation can hear through the television, and think in their minds, "These Canadiens Fans are 1 in a million". CHANT UNTIL YOUR SECTION IS CHANTING!!!! CHANT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SEE A WIN!!!! CHANT BECAUSE YOU CARE!!!!!! WE WILL BE THE 7TH PLAYER TONIGHT!!!!!! We will ROCK THIS CITY!!!!!! Tonight, we will remind the world that we are the Hockey Mecca of the World!

ARE YOU WITH US?!

:handclap:

Bill McNeal 04-28-2006 09:45 AM

The fans should alternate between between "Saku!" and "Son cou!"

"Go for his neck!!!"

MassiveHabs 04-28-2006 09:48 AM

Ill be holdin down the saku chant...in my house...a thousand miles away

Capitano 04-28-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassiveHabs
Ill be holdin down the saku chant...in my house...a thousand miles away

:yo: I'll be chanting with you my friend...

Cap

Matrix 04-28-2006 10:03 AM

Let's chant Saku and then I would really like to hear....

THIS IS WAR!!! :madfire:

(Prison Break theme song)

This is war - Better watch your back, sucker
It's the end of the world as you know it
This is war - It's gonna be a bad mutha
It's Armageddon, boy, we gonna show ya
This is war - This is war

I'm tha Big BAD WOLF!!
And I have to bring your house down
I command a crew of killas
We don't play around

Dat you'd just played ya position
Lurkin' behind white teeth
Wanted to take my seat
But can you take this heat?

It's all about commitment and that victory at the end for Saku, for the team and for us!!!! :yo:

VAN-HAB 04-28-2006 10:04 AM

from 5000 miles away, my wife (huge Saku's fan) and I will be chanting:

SAKU SAKU SAKU

PS In 1993 I had my first child, this year my wife is pregnant baby is due in December...hey another cup?

Capitano 04-28-2006 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB

SAKU SAKU SAKU

God bless you and your wife... :handclap:

Cap

Dan K 04-28-2006 10:08 AM

I've posted this several times already.

Right before the anthems, like when they say "Madames et monsieurs, veuillez vous lever pour l'interpretations des...",

WE MUST START OUR FIRST SAKU! SAKU! SAKU! CHANT.

I'll be doing it, so come on and join in!

zurg999 04-28-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LePoche69

Diasgree: It'll be OK and inspirational if they just chant after the anthem. I'm sure the same motivation will be used in the dressing room.

Of course the danger is the boneheads who'll start chanting his name later if we get down.

Matrix 04-28-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zurg999
Of course the danger is the boneheads who'll start chanting his name later if we get down.

Well it could be interpreted also as '' Do you remember guys what Saku did for you and that he has to go throughout those battles, remember that as well and why don't you do it as well....'' :dunno:

ti-vite 04-28-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big TEE

ARE YOU WITH US?!

William Wallace....is that you? :yo:

Le Tricolore 04-28-2006 10:27 AM

I'm so pumped for tonight!

Habs 25th Cup 04-28-2006 10:38 AM

Sakuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :bow:

jester099 04-28-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB

SAKU SAKU SAKU

PS In 1993 I had my first child, this year my wife is pregnant baby is due in December...hey another cup?

WHAT WERE YOU WAITING FOR ??? ;)

felixd 04-28-2006 10:43 AM

Saku Koivu was a rookie player with the Canadiens in 1995, at the time I was 8 years old and it was when I was starting to really get into hockey. I fell in love with his style of play the first time I saw him play and got a Koivu jersey as a christmas present from my parents that year. I still have it, and will be wearing it tonight.

Go Saku!!! Get better! We love you!!!! :bow:

VAN-HAB 04-28-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jester099
WHAT WERE YOU WAITING FOR ??? ;)

My children born with a purpose